No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belive he claims he got injections. But...no consent form.

1279.gif

To be fair, I think she has a phd in engineering or something like that.

Ah ! - One of those egotistical people who need to put DR in front of their name, because they have a PHD

Dear Hal and Mrs Hunter,

Kindly go **** yourself.

YOU instigated proceedings unnecessarily, despite a WILLING club handing over what it had.

YOU were given a clean bill of health midway through 2013.

YOU did not receive a show cause notice.

But the big bad club rightfully sought costs for your frivolous action.

As far as suing goes, for what? You haven't suffered any damages.

What you are is a bog average footballer that likes to think he would have been the next Wayne Carey if it wasn't for Essendon.

Piss off and go play in whatever suburban league is suited to your 'talent'.

A lot of emotional bullshit in that post. Far out.

Funny that, footy is an emotional game.

And aside from the hyperbolic reference to Carey, you find anything inaccurate there?

Well, it also doesn't matter a jot whether he's a good footballer or not.

I have some sympathy for any footballer at the club at that time, even the ones who didn't get a suspension.

One, it wouldn't have been a good environment to be in. Two, even though they've only been done (whatever your view on it) for TB4, that's not to say there isn't uncertainty about other aspects of the programme. Obviously TB4 is the only one they bothered going for because it was going to be the easiest to prove (which doesn't say much given that it was circumstantial), but if the club's record keeping was as awful as seems to be the case, then there probably is uncertainty about the other stuff.

I don't really blame Hunter or others for wanting more information.

I do think trying to claim costs when you've initiated the court action is a bit much, though.

Well, it also doesn't matter a jot whether he's a good footballer or not.

I have some sympathy for any footballer at the club at that time, even the ones who didn't get a suspension.

One, it wouldn't have been a good environment to be in. Two, even though they've only been done (whatever your view on it) for TB4, that's not to say there isn't uncertainty about other aspects of the programme. Obviously TB4 is the only one they bothered going for because it was going to be the easiest to prove (which doesn't say much given that it was circumstantial), but if the club's record keeping was as awful as seems to be the case, then there probably is uncertainty about the other stuff.

I don't really blame Hunter or others for wanting more information.

I do think trying to claim costs when you've initiated the court action is a bit much, though.

Don't disagree with any of that - I wouldn't blame any player for wanting as much information as is available.

What I don't like is a the attempt to claim costs for an action he didn't need to undertake - smacks of trying to get a free lunch.

Here's what really shit me about the comments attributed to Mrs Hunter; her logic suggests that in order for Essendon to 'care' for its players, past and present, they need to roll over to any frivolous action.

That is utter lunacy, and just plain dense to be honest.

Afraid a successful appeal on these grounds will be hollow. Freed on a technicality, not an exoneration from alleged misdeeds.

Rather see the appeal question the sanity of CAS and the verdict it came up with. Win lose or draw, it's the right thing to do.
it's the impossible thing to do

That's where you question the sanity of the process. It should have been left at CAS needed knowledge that the players did take TB4 to find them guilty. Someone brought up the Salem witch trials the other day. Whilst the process was more sophisticated than a witch hunt, the parallel is undeniable. Can't see why you couldn't appeal on that level.
what, on the vibe?

Afraid a successful appeal on these grounds will be hollow. Freed on a technicality, not an exoneration from alleged misdeeds.

Rather see the appeal question the sanity of CAS and the verdict it came up with. Win lose or draw, it's the right thing to do.

In all fairness, they appear to have been convicted on some terribly shaky evidence, and a skewing of the rules to favour anti-doping agencies.

A technicality if you will....

So all power to them if they get off on a technicality.

FWIW though, I reckon they have a snowballs chance in hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Hal and Mrs Hunter,

Kindly go **** yourself.

YOU instigated proceedings unnecessarily, despite a WILLING club handing over what it had.

YOU were given a clean bill of health midway through 2013.

YOU did not receive a show cause notice.

But the big bad club rightfully sought costs for your frivolous action.

As far as suing goes, for what? You haven't suffered any damages.

What you are is a bog average footballer that likes to think he would have been the next Wayne Carey if it wasn't for Essendon.

Piss off and go play in whatever suburban league is suited to your 'talent'.
my issue with it is that it's perfectly normal and standard to ask for costs in this circumstance. It would be remarkable if it was any other way. Hunter and his counsel are blatantly making an emotional appeal by claiming that the Executives words don't match the clubs deeds. Um, excuse me mate? You're a lawyer, I bet you're not working pro bono.

It is basically all an interconnected system with WADA and CAS. No justice can be expected.

They are not interested in clearing the innocent but rather interested in making political statements.

And they have made it. Nothing can be done about it.

Only way to out the lies and corruption is if someone kidnaps all these **** involved and torture them to spill the beans.

Perhaps it's that they didn't believe that the club had given them everything. From the original internal investigation it was found to be basically woeful negligence surrounding the reporting of what was going on.

Perhaps HH and his side believed there was more and the club haven't been forthcoming with it. Those documents and files were long ago shredded/deleted (didn't Hird see a spreadsheet?), I'm guessing.

I guess they would have to show emotional damages from the injection regime which would be tough to prove if your life is still going on. It will be much easier for those currently suspended to prove damages. And we're kidding ourselves if we think the 12 still on the list won't pursue that when their playing careers end. Monfries and Ryder and Port could all take us to the cleaners too.

Here's what really shit me about the comments attributed to Mrs Hunter; her logic suggests that in order for Essendon to 'care' for its players, past and present, they need to roll over to any frivolous action.

That is utter lunacy, and just plain dense to be honest.
Logically you are right of course, however she's a mother feeling the need to defend her son. I attribute her comments to that more than anything.

Logically you are right of course, however she's a mother feeling the need to defend her son. I attribute her comments to that more than anything.

Ignorance also a strong contributor.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-02-11/brownlow-decision-delayed
Brownlow decision delayed

The AFL will delay its review of Jobe Watson's 2012 Brownlow Medal triumph in the wake of 34 past and present Essendon players appealing their bans.

The AFL Commission was preparing to make a call whether to strip Watson of the game's highest individual honour on Monday, in response to the Court of Arbitration for Sport slapping season-long bans on the Dons involved in the club's 2012 supplements program.

But the Commission will now step back and allow the appeal process to the Swiss Federal Supreme Court to be completed, an AFL spokesperson confirmed.

The Bombers expect the process to take several months after they lodge paperwork on Thursday and, even if the players clear their names, they aren't expected to return to the football field this season.

“We feel it’s the right thing to do,’’ Essendon chairman Lindsay Tanner said. “It’s obviously very important to the players to clear their name, if at all possible.

“What these players now face is having a slur on their name, an extremely unfair slur."

Watson won the 2012 Brownlow with 30 votes, four clear of joint runners-up Trent Cotchin from Richmond and Hawthorn star Sam Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back