No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great isnt it.

Just want the lid blown off all this now regardless the outcome or casualties.

Yep! Enough is enough! Open it all up. Essendon, AFL and all other clubs. The whole system needs to be made accountable. If we get hit hard, so be it. So be it for any other entity in the system. The whole competition is currently questionable. Otherwise, let it be a free for all!!!

I've long said I just want this issue to go away and get back to focusing on the footy, but * 'em. If the AFL want to hardball over Hirdy's salary then Little better man up. Not that I particularly care about a multi-millionaire's salary, but it's time we stood up to the AFL.

He described the meeting with Mr Clothier and the ASADA official as a general discussion in which he was told some peptides were banned and others were not.

What a farking joke!!! This was used as evidence against Hird/us?? Seriously just go to court.

Haha, just had a discussion with tigerdan on the HTB. The clown stated that there was overwhelming evidence, so when I suggested he was referring to the original charge sheet which was rubbish, he responded with "I'll decide what I consider overwhelming thanks" :confused: . Can't believe these people are allowed out of their cages. :D

Honest question that has been raised with some family and friends recently following the news of Hird being paid whilst suspended.

Obviously it's difficult to ignore what has occurred with Vlad and the AFL's handling of the situation of late, but had a question been posed without the AFL being involved, how happy would Essendon supporters be with the coach being paid whilst suspended? And more than just supporters, but actual members that have paid up and would therefore be paying his salary?

I understand he's a champion of the club (similar to Bucks for us) and because of that association that a lot of you would be more than happy to think that Hird is getting paid what he's due. But for those who are members, do you think there should be some involvement from members in any of these decisions? I feel like the AFL and most clubs these days make decisions that heavily impact members and fans without any involvement from them. Should there be more accountability, specifically to members of the EFC?

Cheers.

Honest question that has been raised with some family and friends recently following the news of Hird being paid whilst suspended.

Obviously it's difficult to ignore what has occurred with Vlad and the AFL's handling of the situation of late, but had a question been posed without the AFL being involved, how happy would Essendon supporters be with the coach being paid whilst suspended? And more than just supporters, but actual members that have paid up and would therefore be paying his salary?

I understand he's a champion of the club (similar to Bucks for us) and because of that association that a lot of you would be more than happy to think that Hird is getting paid what he's due. But for those who are members, do you think there should be some involvement from members in any of these decisions? I feel like the AFL and most clubs these days make decisions that heavily impact members and fans without any involvement from them. Should there be more accountability, specifically to members of the EFC?

Cheers.
Paid close to 900 for my high mark membership next season, and nearly 800 for it this season, and I'm more than happy for us to pay Hird while he's suspended. I still haven't seen solid evidence that he actually did any wrongdoing, and add to that fact that he's essentially tarnished his reputation forever by accepting a ban which he didn't deserve, I don't see any reason why any Essendon supporter wouldn't be happy with it.

Cheers.

If you have a browse of the last few pages, most supporters and members think he absolutely should be paid...

Paid close to 900 for my high mark membership next season, and nearly 800 for it this season, and I'm more than happy for us to pay Hird while he's suspended. I still haven't seen solid evidence that he actually did any wrongdoing, and add to that fact that he's essentially tarnished his reputation forever by accepting a ban which he didn't deserve, I don't see any reason why any Essendon supporter wouldn't be happy with it.

I've moved up to Silver and purchased a membership for my Nephew.

100% behind the club paying Hird his contract.

If Essendon and the four officials charged were railroaded into a predetermined outcome, the main factor of which was that Hird was to be the scapegoat, and Hird accepted his fate for the good of the club, then not only should he be paid, but he should get some kind of club medal. And then, once it all washes out, he should be entitled to quite a sum more from the AFL for damages.

If he is the ogre the AFL and Caro are making out, then still being paid is an outrage, and he should be stricken from the AFLs and Essendon's records.

I believe the former is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't picture Andy D as anything but Mayor Joe Quimby these days. Complete with a disheveled suit and tie, digging through rubbish once he loses his job.
If the fat man is still involved with the game when the new season starts the game will become the laughing stock of Australia sport. The fat man always mentions integrity, but i question if he even knows what the word means.

Hird has a contract, was never convicted and made a deal with the AFL. If they were not professional enough to get it in writing that Hird was not to be paid then the mutha*a better get every cent.

This is going be half the story I reckon.

News to highlight point after point where it is clear to anyone looking the AFL directly leaked to Caro.
Clothier of all people leaking. LOL.

But it could only be Clothier or Haddad doing the ASADA leaking, seeing that they sat in on the interviews.

Chip's revelations about Clothier adding evidence to the ASADA investigation is damning, if backed up with other similar revelations - Heads will role over this incident - And the AFL was silly enough to add it on the day it leaked to The Age.

Cheers.

As a member I have no issue with Hirdy being paid.To reiterate what others have said on this board, If Jimmy took a bullet for OUR club and sacrificed his reputation for OUR club then pay the man EVERY F*****G CENT

As a member I have no issue with Hirdy being paid.To reiterate what others have said on this board, If Jimmy took a bullet for OUR club and sacrificed his reputation for OUR club then pay the man every F*****G CENT

Give the man a raise

A drafting error? What a horrendous own goal by the AFL ... staggering incompetence.

Add that to the ridiculous amount of leaks during the 'confidential' ASADA probe, the tipoff to Evans, the non interest in the poor governance of the supplement programs of 11 other clubs. You're looking at an organisation run by incompetent fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back