VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Amusing play on and fend attempt from a Casey player (not sure who) deep in defense gives up a cheap goal. Pretty dominant quarter and should be in front but for the misses and soft goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half done with Footscray up by 8.

I liked Tholstrup and Sestan. Both quite dynamic in their own way. Tholstrup with pace and some nice kicks (and some horrors) and Sestan with strength and a lot of one percenters.

Jefferson could’ve kicked 5 for the half, but he didn’t.

Adams has done well when he’s been in the contest.

Verrall had a good first quarter but I didn’t see much from him in the second.

I know some have written off Jefferson but he was really dominant that quarter.

There is something definitely there to work with. Whoever was behind the move in playing him in defence last week needs to be shot. He's got natural forward instincts and leads at the ball carrier.

Jed Adams, Tholstrup Varrell and Ollie Sestan especially were all impressive as well.

I know some have written off Jefferson but he was really dominant that quarter.

There is something definitely there to work with. Whoever was behind the move in playing him in defence last week needs to be shot. He's got natural forward instincts and leads at the ball carrier.

Jed Adams, Tholstrup Varrell and Ollie Sestan especially were all impressive as well.
I went from "delist" through to "give Jefferson a five year contract" during the second quarter. Not that I'm fickle.

Jefferson started the third like he did the first. A bit flat footed and coming from behind his man and as a result gave away two frees. Led at the ball a bit better after that.

Footscray must have over 500 games of AFL experience out there today.

Casey would be lucky to have 100, and almost all of that would be Schache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back