AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Cross Code Combination Competition
ROUND ONE

CARLTON BLUES
2006_AFL_Carlton2006.png

Combine Carlton with a team from another sport - rugby league, American football, soccer, netball, anything. However, there must be some sort of connection between the teams - mascot, name, colours, location, or something more creative.

Each entry must include at least one sports uniform - most likely an Australian Rules guernsey, but possibly a kit from the other sport chosen. Away jumpers, clash jumpers, preseason jumpers, special one-off promotional jumpers, and team logos can also be included.

Maximum five entries per person.

The competition is scheduled to conclude on the evening of Sunday 17 October, however entries can be submitted until the polls are created.

I did a merger of Carlton and St George Illawarra Dragons from the NRL. The link is that they both have 16 premierships (including St George's pre-merger premierships).

Thoughts??

Another idea that I had was to merge the AFL, NRL and Super Rugby because soccer is dominating the Australian sporting arena after the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The resulting game would be a combination of Aussie rules/style of play, league rules/style of play and union rules/style of play. The new competition formed to take on soccer consists of 30 clubs based throughout Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. The teams are split into two divisions; Eastern and Western. The Eastern Division is made up from teams from QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS and New Zealand. The Western Division is made up from teams from NT, SA, WA and South Africa. This means a lot of the Victorian AFL teams and NSW NRL teams have to merge with Western seaboard teams or relocate.

The job is to pick an AFL club(s) and NRL/Super Rugby club(s) to merge and play in this newly formed league.

HOME

stormdogsbluesmergeronrljersey2copy.png

Purple, blue and yellow are the Storm's colors, blue and white are Carlton's colours. The lightning bolts come from the Storm's jumper and the CCF monogram is Carlton's. the tapered vee is all Canterbury.

CLASH
stormdogsbluesmergeronrljerseyawaycopy.png

See above as to how this relates to each team in the merger.
I made the jumpers a couple of weeks ago after I posted the idea for KOTW. The new comp that this team would be playing in would be wearing shirts with sleaves similr to what I have posted.

The teams involed in the merger are Carlton, Melbourne Storm and then they absorbed the financial straglers, Canterbury Bulldogs. The association between these teams is that they are all salary cap cheats.

I did a merger of Carlton and St George Illawarra Dragons from the NRL. The link is that they both have 16 premierships (including St George's pre-merger premierships).

Thoughts??
I like it simple and effective. Alot of the Victorian population would be spewin that carlton gets to wear navy with a white vee. One suggestion, maybe you should try and incorperate a bit of red into the home jumper, like a thin red outline on the white vee.

I like it simple and effective. Alot of the Victorian population would be spewin that carlton gets to wear navy with a white vee. One suggestion, maybe you should try and incorperate a bit of red into the home jumper, like a thin red outline on the white vee.
Thanks mate

I made the jumpers a couple of weeks ago after I posted the idea for KOTW. The new comp that this team would be playing in would be wearing shirts with sleaves similr to what I have posted.

The teams involed in the merger are Carlton, Melbourne Storm and then they absorbed the financial straglers, Canterbury Bulldogs. The association between these teams is that they are all salary cap cheats.

Like the design, although I can't see much Canterbury-Bankstown in it.

If the lightening bolts were ditched, you could see the Bulldogs influence with the deep V. Otherwise, you'd need to include royal blue.

I struggled a bit to take a bit of Canterbury and put it in the merger...ahwell

Even though it's a curved V, you've included Canterbury in your design. I just thought that with the Storms colours being represented, the bolts weren't really needed.

I notice the away socks have a Bulldogs traditional design element.

CCCCwk1carlbarc.png

Link is that they're both outfitted by Nike, hence the logo under the number. I tried to use every colour on the Barcelona shield, so that's the source of the red socks and yellow numbers. Any feedback?

Carlton Blues and Newtown Jets (NRL)
CARLTON BLUEBAGS

Former NRL (now NSW Premier League) club 'Newtown Jets' were initially known as the 'Newtown Bluebags'. Similarly, the Carlton Football Club have been colloquially known as the "Bluebaggers".

The home, away, and clash jumpers all feature the CFC monogram, as well as the royal blue and white colours of Newtown (rather than navy blue and white of Carlton). The jumpers also transpose the three stripes from the sleeves of the Newtown jumpers to the chest of the jumper.

Carlton Blues and Milwaukee Brewers (MLB)
CARLTON BREWERS

The 'Milwaukee Brewers' are a Major League Baseball team, named after the breweries in the city. Similarly, Carlton were sometimes referred to as the "Brewers", due to the suburbs most famous product.

The team colours are navy blue, gold, and white - which are all of the colours of the Milwaukee Brewers, and navy and white are Carlton's colours.

The home jumper is based on Milwaukee Brewer's practice uniform.

The away jumper features the shape of the chamois yoke from Carlton's first jumper, as well as pinstripes from Milwaukee's alternate uniform.

Born in 1864 both Carlton and Middlesex County Cricket Club have rich histories and thus are a perfect match for this competition.

Both guernseys feature a new undershirt that allows teams to add new design elements to the existing designs.

The home guernsey features the design of Middlesex's one day uniform with Carlton's blue replacing Middlesex's and the teams logo for the one day team. It also features Carltons monogram on the front and the famous three blades of Middlesex on the numbers.

The away takes from he traditional cricket all whites but features accents of Carlton blue on the collar and socks.

CarltonMiddlesexCFCall.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton Blues and St. Louis Blues (NHL)
CARLTON BLUES

Carlton Blues and St Louis Blues have the same team name - the "Blues" - albeit the colour and the music respectively.

The home jumper is navy blue - a colour shared by both Carlton and St Louis - with the St Louis Blue logo.

The clash jumper is yellow: another St Louis colour as well as Carlton's Livestrong jumper.

Carlton and Chelsea - both hugely successful teams, both nicknamed the Blues. They form an alliance.

The home guernsey uses Carlton's navy blue and Chelsea's royal blue in the "half-stripe" style popularised by soccer. It also features the red trim on the back of the collar that is present in Chelsea's 2010-11 home strip. The CFC monogram in the middle is obviously Carlton's but can apply to both teams, as Chelsea have previously used "CFC" in their logo.

2mmej5c.png

Away and clash kits to come soon

My crosscode is a combination of Carlton FC and Chelsea FC (from the English Premier League). Chelsea are nicknamed 'the Blues' because of their all royal blue kit. The logo is mainly the chelsea logo with 'Carlton' written across the top and the CFC monogram added.

CarltonChelseacollab.png

Entry #2

My second entry was going to be a Carlton and St Louis Blues combination but there were already 2 of those so I started to think out of the box and came up with the following.

Carlton Blues meets Utah Jazz. Relationship: Music Genres

Carlton add Green and Yellow to their Blue and white and the two club logos are merged, with the Utah logo changing the end of the music note that encompasses a basketball to a representation of a football field (the two 50 metre circles and the halfway line).

CarltonJazz.png

Bugger...I tried to think of a way to relate these two, but couldnt. I tried to think of a way to relate Carlton and the Chicago Bulls aswell, but couldnt.

Anyways... Heres my first entry in one image.
carltonstormdogspres.png

and a new second entry
carltonbalmainpres.png

I know Balmain dont exist as a single entity anymore but they were still a foundation club of the NRL's predecesor, the NSWRL.

Ohh BTW pie-machine, I would make it a rule that everyone makes their entry a single image, like MOTW, because it makes polling that much easier. Its a bit late for this week but next time round, Id be doing it.

Mine is the merger between the Carlton Blues and the Melbourne Demons to create the all losing, all hogging and wasting of number one draft pick talent in the ultimate tanking machine. I present the Carlbourne Tankers.

CarltonTankers.png

Carlton FC + Toronto Blue Jays.

BlueJays.png

Rather than home/away/clash, it is simply dark/light. Dark is based on Carlton whilst light is based on Toronto's second alternate strip. Toronto's home is white, away is grey, alternate #1 is black, alternate #2 seemed most interesting :)

Merger:Carlton Blues & NSW Blues (SoO, Rugby League)
Common Denominator:Both named blues (and both suck :D)
carltonnswbluesmerger.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back