Strategy Centre Bounce Attendance Tracker + Clearance Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, I hope every second disposal doesn't become an outright throw.
If you can’t beat them, join them

If the umpires aren’t going to call throws for what they are, we might as well get involved in the charade

James Jordon kicked a goal when he straight up dropped the footy when tackled only to get a free for holding on after he had “disposed” of the ball

Alright plebs, the Big Kahuna has stirred from his slumber and it's time to talk centre bounce attendances.

9iXzNxgjLFTq4hexrmyAMxLFaD9H_POe5o7FErY2kTI.jpg

ROUND 5 NOTES

- Elliot Yeo, welcome to the party. For now. All eight of Yeo's CBA's came in the second half, looked to me like they all came after the subbing of Ginbey but haven't confirmed that.

- Culley's lack of clearances (two clearances, zero centre clearances) isn't great, but nice to see another week of 70% CBAs.

- Gaff's second week in a row around the 50% mark, one clearance/three tackles only this week and the defensive mid role did not work as the centre clearance count was 10-19.

- TK is a beast. 11 tackles, four centre clearances (all other Eagles combined for six), 78% CBA.

- Ginbey was well on track for another good number, 18 CBAs of the 30 CBAs (60%) prior to 3QT and obviously he came off midway through the third term. Standard usage for him, building nicely if fit.

- LEdwards zero CBAs is very odd given his nice production last week, but he still added one centre clearance and four total clearances without it. Seven tackles too. Back him in.

- O'Neill 25% after a massive 57% in Round 1. The role seemingly changed, output was minimal, I just don't think the breakthrough is imminent.

- Minus nine in centre clearances (10-19), minus 20 in total clearances (31-51), both worst marks for the year. Clearance battle the last two weeks has been trending in a bad way (-10, -20) but against the Melbourne and Geelong midfield that might be somewhat understandable.

Culley spent a lot of the second half starting in the goalsquare. Ginbey spent a fair bit of time in the second half before he went off in defence (think he switched with Yeo). At one point he was directly opposed to Cameron, I actually got a picture of it because I found it so concerning, but he quickly switched with Rotham.

95EBBAA8-870D-4B97-9515-45D6D522EBA8.jpeg

I’m not going to win any awards for sports photography, obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does one get a centre clearance without attending a centre bounce?

A clearance is defined as the first effective disposal after a stoppage. There’s often plenty of dinky 2m handballs that don’t find a target after the bounce and so it’s not unusual for someone like a HBF to storm in and fire off a handball winning the clearance. Shuey had a memorable one in the derby that resulted in a goal.

Secondary ballup after the first one was a nil all draw
I think that’s just a stoppage clearance.

There were 37 centre bounces and only 29 total centre clearances in the game.

Gaff and Hunt had some in Round 1 too without any CBAs, I think it’s most likely that Edwards was a winger or half forward and won the centre clearance.

Speaking of, how's this for a nuffie? I googled champion data (who the AFL use),

Found this gem in their google reviews.

Champion data, in collusion with Dan Andrews.
We're through the looking glass here people

1681975601339.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back