Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

That terrible segment where Hamish awkwardly talks to the kids needs to go.
This! It's cringe to watch. 70% of the kids are as dumb as doorknobs and offer nothing other than "yEaH" or "nAh" or "i Go fOr [/insert whatever team they go for]" and the other 30% are ill mannered, extroverted, precocious little showoffs because their equally painful parents have brought them up to be that way. Ugh. And Hamo offers very little at the best of times.

This! It's cringe to watch. 70% of the kids are as dumb as doorknobs and offer nothing other than "yEaH" or "nAh" or "i Go fOr [/insert whatever team they go for]" and the other 30% are ill mannered, extroverted, precocious little showoffs because their equally painful parents have brought them up to be that way. Ugh. And Hamo offers very little at the best of times.
Go easy on the kids mate.

lmao these kids are like 6 years old, relax

Thought Brayshaw and Bennett were good together yesterday. So much better not having BT, Hamish or Darcy spoiling a big game
Yep, Brayshaw without BT next to him is quite pleasant

Thankfully it seems like 7 are moving towards Bennett being a more prominent member of their team?

Bennett is very good ( as is Nigel Carmondy)

Hopefully Bennett resists Ch7 urgess to no doubt try turn him into a “higher profile Personality” for promotional purposes 😤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zach Merrett just got poleaxed with a front-on bump - blatantly high contact that everyone in the country other than the umpire could ‘see’. Nothing. Nothing, mentioned whatsoever about the failure of the umps to award a free kick. Instead, on viewing the replay they merely suggest he might be in trouble on match review. Surely one of those muppets were awake to the fact that the free was overlooked. Are they that far up the AFL’s arse that they won’t call out s**t umpiring? Or are they just that inept?

If I was a highly paid commentator I would probably spend a few minutes each week learning the names of the players - even the ones you can't do a silly pronunciation of.

Unfortunately it’s more important to have a laugh with your colleagues than get simple things right.

Although there’s room for fun, accuracy should be vital. But that infers research, study and homework. Culturally that is frowned upon at school, accurate and achievers scholastically are teased and mocked.

If I was a highly paid commentator I’d be laughing all the way to the bank whilst trying to think up the stupidest stuff possible to say on game day.

Theres a reason why actual good callers stand out so much in AFL broadcasting the rest are just morons chatting with their mates with inside jokes most the game.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
The thing is the common football watcher loves the banter and 'personality' because bogans gonna bogan. So why would they stop.

If I was a highly paid commentator I would probably spend a few minutes each week learning the names of the players - even the ones you can't do a silly pronunciation of.
You are absolutely spot on. Not knowing how to pronounce a name is not only incredibly lazy, it's plain disrespectful. Same as not matching them to the number of the player. The amount of times Taylor gets it plain wrong is just laughable nowadays. Unfortunately, many don't seem to care and the main offender in that group is Seven management, who appear to think that the privilege of having Taylor calling a game should be enough for the players and those that do care.

Attention Everyone hear on big footy our pain will over within a couple of years when Channel 10 and Paramount Sports take over broadcasting the AFL.
No more Roaming Brian no more Brayshaw No more Darcy Basil dwaaayne .
I will be a fresh start for everyone that watches football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back