Strategy Changes against the Swans Rnd4 - Preuss and Stretch for ANB and KK

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you guys are getting me pretty excited about Pruess.

Ubfortunately I won’t be watching this one for another 24 hours or so.

Wow you guys are getting me pretty excited about Pruess.

Ubfortunately I won’t be watching this one for another 24 hours or so.

- I’ll wake up at 5am pacific
- Then I’ll go into big footy and check the amount of pages in the game day thread
- if it’s >20 it usually means a win or at least a close game
- if pages >20 check score, go for a run to release anger if we still lost,
- if we win do a rocky balboa style run through my neighborhood
- if pages <20, go for a run and think like Schroedingers cat
- later, I’ll post about how much I don’t trust the coaching staff, and Saj will tell me I’m over reacting, but not before TK agrees with me in the west coast echo chamber

Either way I’m going for a run I guess

It’s pretty boring but that’s my life now

- Then I’ll go into big footy and check the amount of pages in the game day thread
- later, I’ll post about how much I don’t trust the coaching staff, and Saj will tell me I’m over reacting, but not before TK agrees with me in the west coast echo chamber

Ive been hitting the gym heavy lately but i hurt me knee, i go fine walking and doing weights but everytime I run the outside of me knee kills for a few days. I still make meself do it because im a sucker for pain

I’ll do AFL information blackout unfortunately. No big footy or twitter until after I watch the game.

Actually relieved to hear Tmac has something going on. I was worried he had simply forgotten how to play.
Don't get too excited, it's the ankle he hurt last Friday that is keeping him out ... so there is still no explanation for his performances for the other 2 games of the season.

I’ll do AFL information blackout unfortunately. No big footy or twitter until after I watch the game.

You’re doing it wrong president brosevelt. You don’t watch the game live or without knowing the score it only results in outbreaks of anxiety and depression.

For really special games you might sneak a look at 3 quarter time (if we make the finals for example). If we are ahead you keep watching, but if the team scores a couple of goals in succession quickly turn it off

You will understand soon enough

Billy Brownless said that Tmac was hobbling at training and there was no way he would play.
Mate Blind Freddy can see he's injured, but it would seem we've taken him up there? How does that help his injury?

I'm honestly baffled with this year and our injury management. With Joel Smith, Viney and TMac it's borderline negligent.

Actually, how does hobbling around at training help it? Obviously there must be way more to it because from the outside, it looks like all our 'sports scientists' that we employ kinda need to go back to basics. If you have a sore ankle, maybe rest it? What do the kids call it these days, 'off-legz'?

Last edited:
Ive been hitting the gym heavy lately but i hurt me knee, i go fine walking and doing weights but everytime I run the outside of me knee kills for a few days. I still make meself do it because im a sucker for pain
I ahh, see you're employing the MFC injury management process. When injured, keep playing so you make it worse. Any wonder you fit in around here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I see TMac actually out there and hobbling around on the field I think my head may explode.
Don't worry, it's only the SCG surface he has to contend with. Not as if any other teams from 3 different codes have been complaining about that surface contributing to injuries lately..

I'm sure all the hobbling around, and getting to and from airports and sitting on flights has really helped his sore ankle. In the old days you'd just elevate it and put some ice on it? Not sciency enough I guess..

I ahh, see you're employing the MFC injury management process. When injured, keep playing so you make it worse. Any wonder you fit in around here

Yeah unfortunately I might be off keyboard for 4-6 weeks

You’re doing it wrong president brosevelt. You don’t watch the game live or without knowing the score it only results in outbreaks of anxiety and depression.

For really special games you might sneak a look at 3 quarter time (if we make the finals for example). If we are ahead you keep watching, but if the team scores a couple of goals in succession quickly turn it off

You will understand soon enough

Haha. I just can’t watch a sporting event when I know the result (huge, epic wins are an exception).

Haha. I just can’t watch a sporting event when I know the result (huge, epic wins are an exception).
That will change, mate.

You'll end up watching replays of our wins (because of how rare they are) so much that you know each upcoming play and are able to commentate the game with your eyes closed..

I was about to say that ... more inclined to say **** it, leave him in, because he's the only one we've got who comes close to matching Buddy physically ... that and I'd prefer to not subject Petty in his second game, or Keilty in his first (who I'm pretty sure has been training as a forward anyway) to be murdered by Buddy

If Buddy could mark the football in a contest you'd be in a world of pain this week. As it is he can't so Frost is as good as anyone to keep him quiet at ground level.

I like our ins this week - puzzled by yours - though we are probably vulnerable to a real big dude playing out of the square.

This is going to be a real tough contest - to see who finishes 9th.
We've got a coach who can't organise us to score vs whatever is going on with your defense. :think:
May the least shite team win.

p.s. It took a long while but we might finally have the best Jones brother. :p

That will change, mate.

You'll end up watching replays of our wins (because of how rare they are) so much that you know each upcoming play and are able to commentate the game with your eyes closed..

Let me try
Pederson avoids the poor tackle, handballs to Jones who drills a kick to Frawley who is taking out by Hurley.. the ball falls to McKenzie who fakes a handball and then handballs inside to Mcdonald.. Mcdonald handballs to Viney who runs to 50 and then handballs over his shoulder under pressure to Cross. Cross looks inboard and kicks it to Dawes... No the angles have lied its SALEM!! Salem GOALSSSS

Let me try
Pederson avoids the poor tackle, handballs to Jones who drills a kick to Frawley who is taking out by Hurley.. the ball falls to McKenzie who fakes a handball and then handballs inside to Mcdonald.. Mcdonald handballs to Viney who runs to 50 and then handballs over his shoulder under pressure to Cross. Cross looks inboard and kicks it to Dawes... No the angles have lied its SALEM!! Salem GOALSSSS
Lol i remember typing that out a week or so ago on another thread haha

puzzled by yours
Join the club and welcome to the world of Goodwin at the selection table.

Everyone screaming out for more pace to be added to the side, so we add Stretch and 206cm, 114kg Preuss. In addition to making an injured TMac hobble around in airports and on planes and training..

EDIT: Is Preuss the biggest ever player to wear Red and Blue? Must be close..

Join the club and welcome to the world of Goodwin at the selection table.

Everyone screaming out for more pace to be added to the side, so we add Stretch and 206cm, 114kg Preuss. In addition to making an injured TMac hobble around in airports and on planes and training..

EDIT: Is Preuss the biggest ever player to wear Red and Blue? Must be close..
Who would you have brought in to add pace?

Have you been stalking TMac this week to know that he's been hobbling around everywhere?

Have you been stalking TMac this week to know that he's been hobbling around everywhere?

Yeah its not just legspeed its the want to run with the ball and take risks. Oliver can accelerate with the footy but hes gone back to his 17' stuff again. Brayshaw I barely remember him ever being tackled because he always gets rid of it. Viney tried but got pinged by Merrett and Harmes got off a ripping dont argue but hes one out. Jones cant carry the footy and KK looked like he hadnt played in years.

Garlett, personally, though I understand the hesitation. But if he's fit and not getting a game now, he ain't ever getting a game so why not?

Just going off what others have said in this thread, and the fact he was clearly injured last week..

Garlett, personally, though I understand the hesitation. But if he's fit and not getting a game now, he ain't ever getting a game so why not?

Just going off what others have said in this thread, and the fact he was clearly injured last week..
I didn't see the Casey game, but apparently Garlett did bugger all. Given he lost his spot in the team last year as a result of too many games where he did nothing, he needs a couple of weeks of consistent performances to earn his spot back, otherwise you're just bringing in another player who has missed time with injury with zero proven form. He probably gets an out as it was his first game back from injury, but if he's not dominating in the VFL, I don't see him playing another game for us. Picking a bloke based on what he might do, rather than what he is doing will get us nowhere right now, the team is already well over it's quota of players not delivering.

As for TMac ... plenty of players roll an ankle and play the next week, the suggestion was he was looking hobbled during a training run, not that he was taken up there in a wheel chair with the plan of making him hop around the SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back