Strategy Changes against the Swans Rnd4 - Preuss and Stretch for ANB and KK

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the dropping of Nibbler, although he's clearly best 22 I think it sends a message

Surely TMAC a late out and Spargo to play for team balance?

Expecting TMac to line up at CHF wielding a pair of crutches.

****! It was concussion which held him back after his great second year right?
Sort of ... he got a couple, and then thought it was the symptoms persisting, but then it turned out to be an unrelated neck issue ... or something like that.

There was some concussion issues at the start tho, which is why they'd be a bit more cautious than usual.

Didn't think Kolod was too bad last week.
I would put Trac one out as the key forward, Weid as a half-forward flanker, Garlett as a crumbing forward pocket.
Melk is always dangerous as a roving forward.
Only an outside observer, so I am not an expert though.
TBH Jones and Viney are disappointing.
Richmond had to cut Deledio although a favourite player.

Didn't think Kolod was too bad last week.
I would put Trac one out as the key forward, Weid as a half-forward flanker, Garlett as a crumbing forward pocket.
Melk is always dangerous as a roving forward.
Only an outside observer, so I am not an expert though.
TBH Jones and Viney are disappointing.
Richmond had to cut Deledio although a favourite player.
Wow an opposition voice of reason. Let's recruit this guy as an assistant coach

Good result. We need an urgent injection of pace and right now Stretch is our best option. Personally I’d be proposing Hunt & Stretch on the wings. Our problems lie in the following areas;
1. Obvious lack of fitness and preparation for certain players post pre season.
2. Current injury situation. Injuries to Lever and May have cruelled us. May came back looking like a Christmas ham so it’s pretty much all on him. TMac clearly carrying something.
3. Zero midfield balance. No inside midfielders. You’d think post last year we’d look at addressing this ASAP. I always maintained I wanted to see Hunt progress to the midfield. Kicking 3 last week showed he can be a handy offensive prospect.
4. Our defenders can’t do anything but zone. The Essendon game was a perfect example. Even though it needed to be one on one, we still zoned. Just go back to one on one and get the basics right.
5. The zone moves too high. Like most of our issues we get sucked up the ground and into the contest.
6. Midfielders simply can’t stay out of the contest. Happened in 2017, 2018 and it’s happening again. Absolutely no way we are going to nullify an opponent if they have no opponent! Opposition mid gets space, kicks deep into a defence that is rushed and isn’t set, we are scored against.
7. F50 entries horrendous. Ball goes in so poorly that it’s mopped up with ease by opposition defenders. See Tom Stewart v Geelong.
8. Forward pressure non existent, hence the ANB omission id say. What’s happened since last year?
9. Gawn double teamed and will be all year. Preuss was recruited as support, well we need him to support.
10. Tough call to be made on certain players at year end I feel. Just how Newman and Bowden left Richmond, this needs to be Jones’s last year. I’d also think if a good prospect becomes available for year end who has outside pace and is a gun that Petracca can and should be traded.

Sort of ... he got a couple, and then thought it was the symptoms persisting, but then it turned out to be an unrelated neck issue ... or something like that.

There was some concussion issues at the start tho, which is why they'd be a bit more cautious than usual.

That’s right - it was neck issues which were believed to be resolved or resolvable.

This has me concerned.

We might have not just been burnt in the Hogan trade, but further ****ed over in the ontrade..

That’s right - it was neck issues which were believed to be resolved or resolvable.

This has me concerned.

We might have not just been burnt in the Hogan trade, but further ****** over in the ontrade..
Haha, jesus, we're 3 games in ... but even then, while our side of it has been injury and suspension interrupted, the Hogan side of it has been a complete shambles off field, and thoroughly underwhelming on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has me concerned.

We might have not just been burnt in the Hogan trade, but further ****** over in the ontrade..

Not really sure you can say we we're getting "burnt" on the KK trade... there's a reason the bloke was the set of steak knives in the May deal. Kind of surprised how some people were labeling him the answer to our wing and/or half-back flank problems when his last good season was 5 years ago. He might come good but there's obviously a lot of uncertainty around him.

I don't give a s**t what the result is against Sydney, obviously i want to win, but we have to give Stretch and Pruess a fair run at it no matter the result. We need to see if Stretch can actually play. And we need to see if this two ruckman thing can work. Give them a month to prove themselves.

Everything I read tells me the Pruess move makes sense strategically given the new rules. Hopefully it’s a big boost for both Gawn and Weid.

I want pruess to really use his physicality and really hurt someone within the rules well at least not suspension level. I want players to feel mental pressure when in his presence. Really all players should be putting the pressure on.

All of this, but to be honest I'm ok if he gets suspended

As long as it's a Jeremy Cameron on Andrews style and not a pissy little one like May
I’ve got confident in this aspect of Preuss (even though not confident in others). When he earns a suspension I fully expect it to be memorable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back