Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Western Bulldogs round 16 @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effectively missing 3 guns in Yeo, Shuey and Hurn + a reliable forward in Cripps

The backline is fine as Rotham, Cole, Gov, Duggan, Shep, Barrass, Nelson have it covered

Forwards - JK, JD, Ryan, Waterman and Allen is enough to kick a score

The mids look a tad weak, yes we have Kelly, Gaff, Sheed, Redden and NN however it falls away after that

The nickname for Ainsworth on this board is so demeaning and unnecessary.

you don’t have to like the kid, but absolutely no need for it. Makes the board so unsavoury when there’s actually so many good posters and interesting insights here.

wasn’t there a mod post about stopping its usage? Why aren’t mods reinforcing it?

Hope he has a good game tomorrow.

you don’t have to like the kid, but absolutely no need for it. Makes the board so unsavoury when there’s actually so many good posters and interesting insights here.

wasn’t there a mod post about stopping its usage? Why aren’t mods reinforcing it?

Agreed. Mods, can we start infringing people that do it?

Sure, the kid has his limitations and might not make it. However, he has worked bloody hard for his opportunity and is living a dream of anyone who has played footy. He's also getting games in a pretty good side that is pushing for top 4.

This. It’s going a bit far isn’t it. He’s one of our own for gods sake.

Have no time for Ainsworth at all, if we have to get a injury in this game you know who i would rather it be than anyone else.
Kicking that bad should not get a you a game at AFL level, not matter what you other strengths are.
In such a low scoring season, turn overs that cause goals can mean a loss in that game.
Ainsworth is a liability

Regarding Ainsworth, the match committee obviously see something in him to keep giving him a go.

If I recall, he was drafted because he was a natural footballer. Knew how to find the footy, made good decisions, that sorta stuff. Maybe that is still there and the MC believe it can translate to the AFL.

To be honest, there's no one else on the list that would add any more than him in the 22. Maybe Brander. So all this stress and debate seems a bit over the top.

Regarding Ainsworth, the match committee obviously see something in him to keep giving him a go.

If I recall, he was drafted because he was a natural footballer. Knew how to find the footy, made good decisions, that sorta stuff. Maybe that is still there and the MC believe it can translate to the AFL.

To be honest, there's no one else on the list that would add any more than him in the 22. Maybe Brander. So all this stress and debate seems a bit over the top.
I mean the match committee once selected Mitch Brown in the f****** forward pocket, they're not omnipotent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me like a natural footballer would be able to kick a football.

Did we treat Nelson as badly as we are bagging Ainsworth? Nelson felt like a liability for years but he came good eventually. Why can't we just see what happens first? I'd much prefer another mid be in at his expense (basically only Brayshaw left lol), but we just gotta back him in for now.

Did we treat Nelson as badly as we are bagging Ainsworth? Nelson felt like a liability for years but he came good eventually. Why can't we just see what happens first? I'd much prefer another mid be in at his expense (basically only Brayshaw left lol), but we just gotta back him in for now.
difference was than Nelson played some ok/ Good games early on.

Have no time for Ainsworth at all, if we have to get a injury in this game you know who i would rather it be than anyone else.
Kicking that bad should not get a you a game at AFL level, not matter what you other strengths are.
In such a low scoring season, turn overs that cause goals can mean a loss in that game.
Ainsworth is a liability
Yet curiously the MC and coach keep putting him in as 'required' - you'd think they know a thing or two?...go figure!

Effectively missing 3 guns in Yeo, Shuey and Hurn + a reliable forward in Cripps

The backline is fine as Rotham, Cole, Gov, Duggan, Shep, Barrass, Nelson have it covered

Forwards - JK, JD, Ryan, Waterman and Allen is enough to kick a score

The mids look a tad weak, yes we have Kelly, Gaff, Sheed, Redden and NN however it falls away after that
The 16 minute quarters do help with the limited depth in the midfield

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anybody managed to get general tickets?

Tried to buy some however it says general tickets are not for sale

Cheers

Yet curiously the MC and coach keep putting him in as 'required' - you'd think they know a thing or two?...go figure!
Mcginnity played 90 games for the club. While I don't want to back the MC and Simmo, they tend to have favourites as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back