Preview Changes & Discussion - Hawks vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't usually quote myself but Shhhhhhhhh has ticked this one off.

Great minds..

Well done.

I will be concerned with our fitness in this game.

Changa has missed three games, however, before he was playing half forward, i would like to see him on the wing.

Shiels did not play for BHH last week, and therefore has missed 2 games due to the bye.

Shoey, this will be a hard task for him, and i am not sure i agree with this move, given the number of different positions he has played this year.

Oh well, I am not the coach, clarko is, i am sure he knows what he is doing

port have more key players out than we do atm so i really cant see us losing if we come to play. The only negative i see is that buddy misses out on a bag, carlile is leaking goals every week and is out of form. Put skipper up there and rotate him in the ruck i think, schoey comes in to play on westhoff imo, If ebert plays our boy stratts will be on his shoulder and let gilham take schultz who i have no doubt port will bring into the side so to try and expose our height in the backline. Teams are doing this every week atm, seems to be an assumption that our backline is crap and the more big blokes down there the more goals will be scored, disagree with this, it is our midfield which is now coming into form which is not allowing easy inside 50s like we were seeing a few weeks ago.

Paragraphs...

This is the changers I belive Clarkson should make

Out: Buddy, Hooper, Brown and Murphy
In: Batemen, Shoenmakers, Dowler and Breust

Port are almost identical to us in that you can usually tell if they've come to play in the first 10 mins.

If one team is significantly more dominant than the other in the first quarter then I recommend running like the wind to the TAB to bet heavily on that team.

IN : Bateman
Kayler-Thomson
Lisle or Dowler

I'm worried about this one. Agree that we will know which one of our teams has showed up in the first 5 or 10 minutes. Hopeful that our boys turn up to play, will be much harder if Port do the same thing though.

If Shiels hasn't played for 2 weeks, why would some of you guys put him in your team? I'm amazed at the man love, or rather boy love ya have for Shiels. Once again, even though he hasn't played for multiple weeks, ya still want him included this week? IMO, which i am entitled to aren't I, Shiels needs to play at Box Hill for the remainder of the season. I'm not bashing him, he's just not ready for the seniors yet.

We are likely to lose this match. Port have some big ins, although thankfully Tredrea is still out for a long time. Hooper and Franklin missing will seriously deplete out pressure up forward if Roughead's current form is anytihng to go by.

Brown missing down back will make defence look vulnerable.

All I can hope for is that the injured guys coming back for Port aren't match fit, but I find that this will be highly unlikely.

Regardless our midfield is at 100% full strength... Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Young, Hodge, Bateman, Burgoyne, Ellis... + others who can rotate through.

There should be no excuse this week if we lose. Renouf has handled himself briliantly so far and Skipper has proved to be a handy relief ruckman.

Ports forward line is not their strength and Tredrea usually finds form against us and he's not there! Their defence is ok, but we still have enough quality this week to trouble them (even without Buddy). Roughy, Rioli, Ossie, Petersen, Schoey/Dowler..

Roughy needs to play the true FF role this week, forget about leading up to the wing! Rioli at his feet.

GO HAWKS :thumbsu: 4 In a row!!!

We are likely to lose this match. Port have some big ins, although thankfully Tredrea is still out for a long time. Hooper and Franklin missing will seriously deplete out pressure up forward if Roughead's current form is anytihng to go by.

All I can hope for is that the injured guys coming back for Port aren't match fit, but I find that this will be highly unlikely.

S2B, I hope you are wrong. Quite frankly our outs are not much worse than most teams in the comp right now. After three wins in a row if we can't beat arguably the least in-form team in the comp on our own stomping ground then we are in for a bleak couple of months looking ahead.

Port have been over rated for 2-3 years now, i really dont understand how they keep beating us i really dont, this time round they wont have Grey and Tredrea and Lade who belted us last time and we have a secret weapon Burgoyne.
We will win this game i honestly cant see us losing..

Lisle needs to be evelated to see what he has. big wraps on his clean hands and we saw a little of that in the pre season. Dowler needs to come into the side and play him forward of the ball. He is a natural forward and kick well. With buddy out and roughy needing to find the pill let a couple of the kids take the key posts (Lisle FF and Dowler CHF) and see what they can do. Either let dowler play and see if he can mix it or if not then trade him. Played well up forward last year and showed something, take the put and play him. Murphy gets a million lives but this kid doesn't get much of a chance. Shoey to replace murphy, I think there is huge upside to shoey but has been played out of position this year and it knocked his confidence around. Shields to come in for brown and have him rotate off the smaller port forwards or run with gray. the middle of the ground will be the key and renouf needs to find a way to get his hand on the pill and guide it down rather than contesting with the body of the larger ruck man. Port have small rucks so it is a chance to get first use of the ball. Midfield have it all over port so howfully we can turn up with intensity and purpose. Run and carry the ball and kick quickly in to the key posts. We are very dangerous when we play like that not the billion hand balls in the one spot. Carn the hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lisle needs to be evelated to see what he has. big wraps on his clean hands and we saw a little of that in the pre season. Dowler needs to come into the side and play him forward of the ball. He is a natural forward and kick well. With buddy out and roughy needing to find the pill let a couple of the kids take the key posts (Lisle FF and Dowler CHF) and see what they can do. Either let dowler play and see if he can mix it or if not then trade him. Played well up forward last year and showed something, take the put and play him. Murphy gets a million lives but this kid doesn't get much of a chance. Shoey to replace murphy, I think there is huge upside to shoey but has been played out of position this year and it knocked his confidence around. Shields to come in for brown and have him rotate off the smaller port forwards or run with gray. the middle of the ground will be the key and renouf needs to find a way to get his hand on the pill and guide it down rather than contesting with the body of the larger ruck man. Port have small rucks so it is a chance to get first use of the ball. Midfield have it all over port so howfully we can turn up with intensity and purpose. Run and carry the ball and kick quickly in to the key posts. We are very dangerous when we play like that not the billion hand balls in the one spot. Carn the hawks

Beachy - Gray is injured and won't play, and Port's rucks will be very dangerous if Brogan plays, as expected. He sat out the mudbath last week, so should be fresh.

Hamish Hartlett, who had an outstanding debut against us last year, is possibly due back this week, as is Motlop/Davenport/Shulz, so they'll have some handy ins in the forward line.

We need our midfield to be 'on' all day to limit inside 50's to Port. Will Kane Cornes tag Shaun Burgoyne?? That'd be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back