Changes for round 5 vs Blues

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
It's pretty rare that we take two travelling emergencies. Add to that the fact that EP had a bye last weekend depriving those outside the 22 of both a chance to press for selection and game time to find touch early in the season and it's clear there must be significant doubts over the fitness of at least one player

Given that both emergencies are normally defenders it suggests the doubts are over a back six player rather than a mid. Jetta wasn't sighted at the airport so I'm calling Watson as a late in with Simpsons comments suggesting no debut player nothing more than a red herring

I also said hutchings wouldn't replace DV so take the above with a grain of salt

They may be thinking about shifting Duggan into the midfield and bringing in a defender. They could cover Shuey that way.

Hopefully no late changes are needed though.

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Hutch to tag crisps, that will mean no kluger, no smurph, no crisps
Too much size difference for mine.
upload_2018-4-20_7-9-18.png

Yeo to go head to head and hurt him going forward.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The only thing that beats us is mindset. If they can overcome the subconscious telling them this will be an easy game then we win by shitloads. If they dont then yes it may get close with the possibility of a loss. However I think from what I have seen so far this year that the team is in a much better place mentally than they have been the past 2 years and wont be so flakey. Last year in particular, we switched off waaayyy to many times and it cost us a number of games. They seem to have the ability to stay switched on for longer and not drop their bundle when things get tough- eg Sydney and Geelong games.

Really anyone who considers this a danger game must spend 22 weeks a year walking around with a sphincter doing ninety to the dozen. They don't come any easier than this one.

I was told he was on the plane ?

But Miguel Sanchez said

He has a tweet that other players where on the plane

So not sure now ?

Yeah I was just going off a journo's tweet. Entirely possible he got it wrong. Or that Petruccelle was on the plane too and he didn't recognise him.

Petruccelle randomly posted a pic on Instagram earlier this week of Lynchy presenting him with his #21 guernsey at the season launch - maybe he's been told he's making a surprise debut? #conspiracytheory

Gugs9

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan
Love what venables showed in the first month but probably not a massive impact on our structure. Hutchings or Ah Chee in the next few weeks should be able to replicate his output as a HFF rotating midfielder. Obviously having hutchings in as that 8th forward also gives us the flexibility to tag a midfielder that goes off the chain mid game.

The bigger loss is certainly Ryan. This has a bigger impact on our structure so far given he had both goal kicking ability and speed. Unfortunately we probably don't have a guy in the reserves that has both. The Match Committee will now have to weigh up whether they go for our next best goal kicker (Waterman) or keep the speed (Petrucelle).

Either way I'm a big fan of how we have played 6 genuine fwds, a rotating ruck and a rotating HFF this year. Gives us so many more avenues to goal, and one thing I hated last year was only playing 4 genuine fwds (lecca, cripps, darling, kennedy) with a bunch of rotating mids who only kicked 1 goal a game max.

ghost82

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Think he'd go very well, in the WAFL games I've seen him in he seems to play well when he's found himself in the forward half.

You think wrong, Cole would excel on a HFF.

Calling it now, Shuey a late out, Cole to take his place and get 30 disposals off a flank and running through the middle, kick a goal, several goal assists and we win by 65.

Then lets have him tried there I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Our supporter base is often pessimistic. When everyone starts saying we are going to pump someone it often goes bad. Its like the players start drinking their own bathwater.
I'm always pessimistic leading into games and especially so when our opponent has been copping in the press during the week as Carlton have. Sides have a tendency to respond unexpectedly in these instances (refer bulldogs v Essendon a couple of weeks ago) so I remain wary

As good as our first weeks have been we aren't that good that we can just assume the side only has to turn up to win. I expect Carlton to be much improved this week despite their outs and we'll need to play near our best to win

I'm always pessimistic leading into games and especially so when our opponent has been copping in the press during the week as Carlton have. Sides have a tendency to respond unexpectedly in these instances (refer bulldogs v Essendon a couple of weeks ago) so I remain wary

As good as our first weeks have been we aren't that good that we can just assume the side only has to turn up to win. I expect Carlton to be much improved this week despite their outs and we'll need to play near our best to win
Shoosh you

dodgie

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I was just going off a journo's tweet. Entirely possible he got it wrong. Or that Petruccelle was on the plane too and he didn't recognise him.

Cole and Watson definitely travelled. Watson was on Willie's Instagram story at the airport lounge and Cole on Nic Nats yesterday. No signs of Petrucelle or Schofield.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Kennedy with 5 in a qtr would be good. 5 bucks @ 67-1 thank you.

Also with this being our ONLY home and away game at the G I am sure everyone wants a run there. As in Shoo, Jett's, Shep etc.
We need to play well at the G so we need our best possible players playing there.
Just saying.

Cole and Watson definitely travelled. Watson was on Willie's Instagram story at the airport lounge and Cole on Nic Nats yesterday. No signs of Petrucelle or Schofield.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-04-20/wafl-round-4-eagles-available-for-east-perth

Francis Watson, Tom Cole, Jack Petruccelle and Will Schofield are listed as emergencies for West Coast’s clash with Carlton, but the latter pair are more than likely to be available for the WAFL encounter.

Sounds like Petrol's still here.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Too much size difference for mine.
View attachment 485542
Yeo to go head to head and hurt him going forward.
A height match up in the middle is overrated. A lot o the Taggers in the comp aren’t that tall anyway. The only time Cripps would get a chance to his height is in a marking contest but he Ain’t the type to spread and get a bucket load of uncontested mark around the ground. If he goes forward, then one of our defenders will pick him up.

Back