Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treloars disposal sucks. Not sure why people are saying otherwise. Thought they'd know that watching him over the years.
You do know his disposal efficiency this year is running better than Adams. And surprise, surprise, he is running better than "that's a rare disposal error by"..Sidebottom..
And only slightly worse than Pendles...

:)

The rankings don't look too flash but what sort of variation is there between each teams %'s? I mean if it <5 ranking points then 1 good game could dramatically change all that, particularly after only 4 rounds.

The rankings don't look too flash but what sort of variation is there between each teams %'s? I mean if it <5 ranking points then 1 good game could dramatically change all that, particularly after only 4 rounds.
Stop it with your maths mumbo jumbo.

If only we had someone with dash and dare. Like AT and Stevo.
We’re playing in a manner eerily reminiscent of when Treloar was out injured last year.

Write this in stone.
Once Bucks is replaced, at the end of this year, Cox is one of the first that will be tossed aside.
I’d rather write it in blood, way cooler.

But you are not suggesting we replace him with any of the forwards you mentioned. Your replacement was Cameron.
I'm yet to see any of those you listed other than Buddy, tear apart Richmond's (or any other) defense in a preliminary final.
One game.
His whole career.
One game.... actually, one half.
I was there, the following week when he missed a kick, last quarter, 40 out that would’ve gone a long way to winning the flag.

Seen sone pretty sweet passes from him inside forward 50...even one on his left

Was always dual sided and capable of the sublime, doesn't improve/change his DE% though.

Last edited:
But you are not suggesting we replace him with any of the forwards you mentioned. Your replacement was Cameron.
I'm yet to see any of those you listed other than Buddy, tear apart Richmond's (or any other) defense in a preliminary final.
To suggest that Cox is, in any way, comparable to the forwards I’ve listed, indicates you don’t understand real ability when it’s right there in front of you and that you are so one-eyed, you are not objective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to win the next 4 on the fly to be any chance of making finals given our next 5 after that. I haven’t seen anything remotely close to the type of footy we need to be playing in order to tick that box. As this week goes on I’m growing more confident we’ll get the dead cat bounce given the heat Buckley is now copping, but it’ll be short lived.

Any 11 games won in the next 18 would likely get us to finals.

I thought the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour

Yeah, but every pilot was eating bratwurst sausage so an easy mistake to make.

Refreshed is one way to put it.

It's the term I've chosen to apply. Replaced a heap of depth that couldn't get on the park due to injury, and a few blokes who clearly weren't seen as the solution toward taking the next step toward a flag, with some promising kids. Happy for you to use any term you like.

You Philistines are all in need of a cultural education. It is John Belushi's famous line from Animal House.

I thought that was "I'm a zit"

You can only play the players that are ready to go. Most of the kids and developing players didn’t have much game time last year.

And only limited game thus far this to stake a claim, but even with those caveats we'll see our 3rd debutante in R5.

Yeah.. the Madge is very good at grabbing a hold of the pill free in the back 50.. and launching it 30 meters sideways.. to a bloke who is free.. or just launching it down the line to a contest.. wouldn't logic suggest that playing in the midfield.. under pressure.. to make a good play.. result in more errors when disposing of the pill?

So he plays his role to shift transition to the fat side, and that's an issue exactly how?

Phillips rarely had DE%'s over 70 and most here thought he was a star, despite the protestations of a few. Madge's 1st game at senior level on a wing he manages 25 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal 1, 5 I50's, 4 R50's, 3 clearances, and 550+ meters gained, and people sook about his DE%. If Phillips had a game like that at any time we'd be drowning in the gushing.

Undermanned unfortunately. If we don’t stem the bleeding in the middle and through the middle of the ground and look like kicking a decent score then the back 6 are going to be swamped yet again anyway. I know Darcy has been the pillar back there though.
Not the time I know with WC talls coming but desperate times and all that. Maybe Howey will need to play taller and if WHE could catch the damn ball for a change he can be given a few weeks as the intercept marker in the back.
Im not a track watcher but is there someone that may look like a developing tall third tall ready for some games back there?
Maybe have Grundy stay back and have Cox and Cameron do the rucking work around the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back