Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you had invited me to a PowerPoint presentation on the Madge.. not only would I have asked for a prawn sandwich and a glass of wine before you started your presentation.. I would have charged you a gorilla for inviting me.. and then I would have left 30 secs in.. charged you for travel expenses.. opened your bar room cabinet.. and taken your best bottle of vino re.. and just left.

Nice try re..

So much better not to invite you and just have you endure it on-line. Be a shame to waste my good vino.

That was my initial assessment too.
I said last year we should have used the opportunities with our heavy schedule to rest players for the west coast and Melbourne games to preempt fatigue and injury. Both games were disastrous, and our injury toll mounted. We don’t have the same reasoning this year, but we do know that players like Moore and Elliot are injury prone...rest them before it’s too late.

I said last year we should have used the opportunities with our heavy schedule to rest players for the west coast and Melbourne games to preempt fatigue and injury. Both games were disastrous, and our injury toll mounted. We don’t have the same reasoning this year, but we do know that players like Moore and Elliot are injury prone...rest them before it’s too late.
We’re only 4 rounds into the season, bit early for resting players. If he’s for to play, he plays.

We’re only 4 rounds into the season, bit early for resting players. If he’s for to play, he plays.
It’s never too early if they are showing signs of fatigue and injury. Some players are managed throughout their careers. Heath Shaw was one. I’d rather Moore play 18 games with breaks than the first 5 and be injured for the rest of the season...

It’s never too early if they are showing signs of fatigue and injury. Some players are managed throughout their careers. Heath Shaw was one. I’d rather Moore play 18 games with breaks than the first 5 and be injured for the rest of the season...
We don’t know how serious it is.
Leave it to the doctor to decide.

We don’t know how serious it is.
Leave it to the doctor to decide.

Speaking from experience, achilles tendonitis doesn't go away very easily and can flare up at any time. This will be a delicate situation, especially considering how valuable he is in the present side but also more importantly in the long-term to the football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking from experience, achilles tendonitis doesn't go away very easily and can flare up at any time. This will be a delicate situation, especially considering how valuable he is in the present side but also more importantly in the long-term to the football club.
Totally agree. I’ll leave it to Moore and the medical team to decide when the time is right.

Totally agree. I’ll leave it to Moore and the medical team to decide when the time is right.
We leave team selection up to selection committee and coach, but that doesn't stop us commenting on it prior to team announcement. Similarly, now that we know that Moore is going to be carrying an Achilles problem all year, we are probably entitled to comment on his situation too.

We leave team selection up to selection committee and coach, but that doesn't stop us commenting on it prior to team announcement. Similarly, now that we know that Moore is going to be carrying an Achilles problem all year, we are probably entitled to comment on his situation too.
Comment on it all you like. Just pointing out that Moore is the best judge of how sore his foot is.

Anyone else think we can win this game?

Eagles coming off an embarrassing loss when they had the game as good as won and back at home after last year's elimination final loss, I'd dare say they will be pretty red hot to try and win this one.

I honestly think anything less than an 8 goal loss is a bonus.

Eagles coming off an embarrassing loss when they had the game as good as won and back at home after last year's elimination final loss, I'd dare say they will be pretty red hot to try and win this one.

I honestly think anything less than an 8 goal loss is a bonus.
Eagles are shaky. If we can play with intensity and take some risks, I reckon we are a chance.

Given I gave us no shot in the final last year against this same Eagles team, anything is possible. They're missing quite a few players, and have others (Kelly and Gaff) who can go missing when the going gets tough
Greenwood to tag Kelly.

Greenwood is past it Jmac, we already have more than enough old players who struggle.
I agree he will probably play most of the year in the VFL. This will be a bespoke task and if done well, could lead to a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back