Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones was tried as a half-forward in 2022 against Richmond at the MCG, Sydney at Adelaide Oval, Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval and then Fremantle at Optus Stadium (where he got injured).

His performance against the Suns was his best in the role - 16 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s and 8 score involvements. The main issue is that he's not as relentless with his pressure like Powell-Pepper is.
Is anybody?

So keep mead in the middle ahead of rozee?

I’ve heard it all now
Rozee needs to spend more time forward, but not to accommodate more midfield time for Mead - more to maximise what we get out of Wines plus solve some of our forward structure woes. I think it also provides a better balance at stoppages. Rozee could easily be a 40-50 goal a year forward with 60-70% game time up there.

Jones was tried as a half-forward in 2022 against Richmond at the MCG, Sydney at Adelaide Oval, Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval and then Fremantle at Optus Stadium (where he got injured).

His performance against the Suns was his best in the role - 16 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s and 8 score involvements. The main issue is that he's not as relentless with his pressure like Powell-Pepper is.
That was his second year on the list, and Jones would have had a dozen games worth of experience?

McEntee is in his 4th season and averages 8 disposals and half a goal a game.

Jones can’t be any worse.

I agree totally that 1 of Rozee, butters and Horne Francis should be in the fwd line at any given time. It still leaves us with enough pace and power through the midfield with the other two but it makes our forward line so much more dynamic and skill full. And it doesn’t have to be the same player for large periods, unless they are totally dominating. Rotate them all through there. Look at petraccas game on the weekend. That’s the sort of benefit we could get.

Yeah the rotation of Rozee/Butters/JHF/Mead taking 2 mids and Wines/Drew the other mid position seems to be working well. I'm pretty sure that's how Carr is running it. It's the reason why you don't see Rozee, Butters and JHF at the same centre bounce.

I think this is a good rotation which one of the first group playing forward. What it means is Mead doesn't get as much playing time.

Wasn't Rozee going cold before he was a full time mid? he just needs to hang in better when the going is tough in there not have his minutes slashed.
If going cold means playing forward in a team that bombs the ball to Dixon and you are made to fight for the scraps. Then he was going cold. Personally I want him where the ball is if our rotation allows him to play 15-20% forward then that's good.

I'd be putting Rozee on the wing before putting him in the forward line. His best spot is still as an outside mid
His best spot is in the middle, he's been back to back All Australian as a mid and is probably top 5 in the brownlow this year. We do not need to listen to David Kings suggestions

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rozee needs to spend more time forward, but not to accommodate more midfield time for Mead - more to maximise what we get out of Wines plus solve some of our forward structure woes. I think it also provides a better balance at stoppages. Rozee could easily be a 40-50 goal a year forward with 60-70% game time up there.
100%. This isn’t about opportunity for Mead, it getting the most out of Wines and increasing our forward potency.

You can always swing Rozee into the mid if needed but structurally I’d start him playing high half forward and floating up to the stoppages like Melb do with Petracca, Richmond Dusty etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Why drop Visentini ? Have you watched his game against Geelong ? He is gun and Sweet is an average role player .

Nice to have selection dilemmas.

Visentini or Sweet? I’ll let the coaches deal with that.

If Burgoyne is fit, who does he replace on the wing? Or does he stay out?

Rozee and Jones probably should miss another week. But if fit, who comes out?

And keep a balanced side.

I think these are our only considerations, assuming we came away without further injuries. JHF did not fare well in the incident that included Atkins tripping him.
Sweet has Covid, not sure if he would be allowed in the club let alone train this week: let Psycho stay & play.

His best spot is in the middle, he's been back to back All Australian as a mid and is probably top 5 in the brownlow this year. We do not need to listen to David Kings suggestions

Yes he is a back to back AA, but he has never been named in the team in the middle.

Once on the bench and once at half forward.

Jones worst is better than McEntees best

Mead needs full games in the guts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He probably does, but we've got 5 better midfielders than him, so he isn't going to get them.

I'm saying the same thing. All I meant from describing him as an 'outside mid' was that he is not the bull in the mix.

My only suggestion is putting him on the wing if and when we need to mix things up to adapt. I would still be starting him in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back