Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen anything from Sinn justifying his spot in this side over other options at this time. It's a balance between investing in future and winning s**t now. I guess they figure they've got the room to invest some games into him at the moment but so far he's been thoroughly vanilla if not verging on bad.

Typical VFL
Travis Boak is breaking the games record for Port this week and all the chat is about Pendles maybe cracking 400 NEXT YEAR

Burton for Jones seems like the only change. Seems like they want to persist with Sinn based on this. Hope it's Narkle as sub instead of Bonner.
Nah it will be Riley, you need to earn your spot in this team, not be rewarded after 2 games. Sinn very lucky after last week's performance!

Rain is good for us, Geelong has been considering playing 2 rucks to stretch our defence.
inb4 the rucks win the game for them because of ruck domination + taking big pack marks in the wet as the game wears on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the one change with Burton back. Am flabbergasted they keep persisting with Sinn, he’s barely SANFL standard.
Barely SANFL standard?

He has elite AFL traits that he hasn't yet shown for a full game. He is also 20.

He is a class above SANFL and it will only be a matter of time before he clicks at AFL level just like all our other young stars that have been prematurely written off on here.

This is one occasion where the coaches have gotten it right, and it is probably Carr with an eye to the future.

I commend the coaches for leaving Sinn in.

I commend the persistence but at this point, I'm not seeing it.
Happy to back the coaches in but was at the ground last two games and only really recall the clangers. Sometimes you get a better look on TV.

Barely SANFL standard?

He has elite AFL traits that he hasn't yet shown for a full game. He is also 20.

He is a class above SANFL and it will only be a matter of time before he clicks at AFL level just like all our other young stars that have been prematurely written off on here.

This is one occasion where the coaches have gotten it right, and it is probably Carr with an eye to the future.
He’s had one good game and a lot of nothing games this year.
Had a burst till half time in one match and did SFA after halftime.
No way he’s burning it in the sanfl and didn’t do Jack last week in the dogs game.
Nice to give the kids a fair go but this ain’t the time or the game.

I haven't seen it with Sinn yet either, but I like seeing developing players given a block of games to have a crack before they are dropped. If you've seen enough to give them a game on the fringes of the team, then give them 4 so you can see how they go when they aren't needing to run off the field for a nervous poo every 90 secs. It's a rare beast that hits their stride from game 1.

If you review the 2021 draft, who should we have taken at our first pick if not Sinn?

I'm not convinced we paid a kings ransom for him either. The club clearly wanted ladhams out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back