Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PORT ADELAIDE has made a late change to its side to face Richmond on Sunday afternoon, with spearhead Todd Marshall set to miss as he manages a sore hip. Coming into Port's extended squad will be young defender Jase Burgoyne, with Marshall's replacement in the starting 22 to be confirmed one hour before first bounce on Sunday.

Richmond have gone a bit tall with 2 Rucks.

Jase in probably tells you we are looking to exploit it.

We are possibly taking the game more seriously than Richmond.

The change on the AFL site is that Evans has come into the team for Marshall. Definitely going small if that's the case. Not a fan of going in with a different structure 1 game before the finals. Now is not a time to be experimenting with the structure. Experiment with a personnel move or two, but don't be making structural changes with regards to the way they play.

The change on the AFL site is that Evans has come into the team for Marshall. Definitely going small if that's the case. Not a fan of going in with a different structure 1 game before the finals. Now is not a time to be experimenting with the structure. Experiment with a personnel move or two, but don't be making structural changes with regards to the way they play.
Chewy that ^ what you have described there is exactly what Ken DOES do

As long as teakle plays up forward I can see the idea.

he's played decent as a forward but yet again not playing him up forward in the sanfl all year only to play him as a forward in an afl match is more miss management

I'd like a look at Visentini in to get a game alongside another ruckman.

But it'll probably be Williams back in and Burgoyne/Evans as sub.

According to the ABC Evans is playing. Then again the ABC said Marshall had withdrawn due to an illness but the Club is saying he has a sore hip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as teakle plays up forward I can see the idea.

he's played decent as a forward but yet again not playing him up forward in the sanfl all year only to play him as a forward in an afl match is more miss management

There is a huge difference between succeeding as a key forward at SANFL level and succeeding in the AFL. In any case I thought Ollie Lord was in the 22 to pinch hit up forward with Finlayson. If Teakle is anywhere the team it will be as a ruckman as I doubt that Ken is enlightened enough to try Teakle as a key forward. I suspect there is some doubt about Hayes and Teakle is there as insurance.

There is a huge difference between succeeding as a key forward at SANFL level and succeeding in the AFL. In any case I thought Ollie Lord was in the 22 to pinch hit up forward with Finlayson. If Teakle is anywhere the team it will be as a ruckman as I doubt that Ken is enlightened enough to try Teakle as a key forward. I suspect there is some doubt about Hayes and Teakle is there as insurance.
Jase & Dante playing today: the sub is down to either Williams or Teakle.
Albeit, another big fella may bit the dusk (and be a late out).

Would love to see Jr Jr Burger on the wing a bit this game.

We really shouldn't be too concerned with the rucks.

We should just be better than them overall. Just play hard and we should win. They have a lot of outs and nothing to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back