Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinn stays in. Finding his feet there were a couple of things he did that were good let him settle there is a massive up side.

Bonner is not someone who should be sub.

Narkle is absolutely a genuine Mid who will find the ball will provide defensive pressure is the obvious sub and that we are playing Geelong wouldn't hurt either.

Happy to persist with Sinn. Burton for Bonner. Rioli lucky we have no other small forward pushing for selection

Pending SANFL game.

Burton and Narkle could push for Sinn and Bonners spots with 1 being sub.

I think we get more out of Riley Bonner than we get from Junior Rioli and that Rioli should be under the pump. When we went after Junior I assumed were were getting a goal kicking small forward not Steven Motlop MkII. If Narkle produces another game like last week I would seriously think about replacing Rioli with Narkle. I realise that Narkle is a midfielder rather than a small forward but we are not getting goals from Rioli so we are not losing much.

Of course we have to see how Quinton goes this week.

Sinn stays in. Finding his feet there were a couple of things he did that were good let him settle there is a massive up side.

Bonner is not someone who should be sub.

Narkle is absolutely a genuine Mid who will find the ball will provide defensive pressure is the obvious sub and that we are playing Geelong wouldn't hurt either.

100% agree re Bonner. Not sub material. Not sure that we've selected and utilised the sub as well as we could have.
What attributes should a sub typically have? I'd say, contested ball winner, line breaking, high possession player. Basically Butters 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we get more out of Riley Bonner than we get from Junior Rioli and that Rioli should be under the pump. When we went after Junior I assumed were were getting a goal kicking small forward not Steven Motlop MkII. If Narkle produces another game like last week I would seriously think about replacing Rioli with Narkle. I realise that Narkle is a midfielder rather than a small forward but we are not getting goals from Rioli so we are not losing much.

Of course we have to see how Quinton goes this week.
Rioli was super competitive last night.
Narkle would be a better replacement for a midfielder. Start him on a wing.

Geelong suck. They've had the easiest draw of all time so far this year and they're 6-6. They've lost to five teams in the bottom half of the ladder (we've lost to none). They haven't beaten a single team in the top 5 all year (we've beaten 3). If our form is real and not a mirage, they're not going to start now.

I'm usually all for giving kids an extended run at it, but at this stage our team would look better with Burton in it than Sinn. Sinn can get a full game with the Magpies. Bonner can go back, too.

If Narkle plays well today I love the idea of him as sub versus his old team. Should have a bit to prove and seems good sub material.

We've got a very, very obvious best 23 at this stage and it involves Sinn going out for Burton and eventually Bonner losing his spot to Duursma.

I reckon Farrell isn't a lock, especially with the form of Jones, Bergman and Williams down back. He's got a great leg but I have question marks over him defensively.

The other one is dbj. Will need to keep producing to stay in the team. I've liked him as a forward but other teams probably have small forwards that hit the scoreboard a bit more.

Agree with everyone else though.

It's a good top 25 or so though. Exciting times!

Hopefully no one is injured today, if so we should be able to tell at 3 qtr time when someone is rested, who may well be in line for senior selection.

From the reserves, Burton and Narkle are the obvious contenders for a spot. Jonas' form will need to be watched. Plus maybe you could say the form of Evans will be one to continue to watch too. Fantasia should be a long way away from contention, but would be nice to see him find form.

Mead, Burgoyne, Pasini have all slipped in the pecking order.

I reckon Farrell isn't a lock, especially with the form of Jones, Bergman and Williams down back. He's got a great leg but I have question marks over him defensively.

The other one is dbj. Will need to keep producing to stay in the team. I've liked him as a forward but other teams probably have small forwards that hit the scoreboard a bit more.

Agree with everyone else though.

It's a good top 25 or so though. Exciting times!

What small forward on the list is replacing DBJ? Rioli and McEntee are already playing and let's not get started on Fantasia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back