Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea that McEntee is an elite pressure acts forward is a myth. He's not that quick and not that strong. I've seen enough players run away from him and brush off his tackles. I still can remember how Milera cut us up in last showdown. He racked up 32 disposals and set-up a lot of forward thrusts. It was McEntee's job to keep him quiet.

I'd say SPP is an elite pressure acts forward. Plus he kicks more goals and wins more possessions. McEntee doesn't kick enough goals, doesn't win enough possessions and doesn't apply enough pressure. I can't think of another team that would pick him.

But watching him over the months - his forward pressure really is elite,
No it isn't.

Neither his tackle numbers or his pressure act numbers are in the top 100 in the competition.

No it isn't.

Neither his tackle numbers or his pressure act numbers are in the top 100 in the competition.
lol. Is that the definition of elite, by you? Fine, change my word to 'very good'. I stand by my comments.

Are you one of these people who, once they've decided a certain thing, lets confirmation bias overrule observation forever after? I'm not.

Just looked it up. 228th in the league for tackles per game, 126th in the league for pressure acts per game. eLiTe dEfEnsIvE pReSsUrE

If you want an idea of how far off 'elite' you have to be to be 228th in the league at something, Chayce Jones playing off of half back is 228th in the league for goals. McEntee is as much an elite defensive pressure player as Chayce Jones is an elite goalkicker.

Just looked it up. 228th in the league for tackles per game, 126th in the league for pressure acts per game. eLiTe dEfEnsIvE pReSsUrE

If you want an idea of how far off 'elite' you have to be to be 228th in the league at something, Chayce Jones playing off of half back is 228th in the league for goals. McEntee is as much an elite defensive pressure player as Chayce Jones is an elite goalkicker.

We're not winning anything for 3 years, wouldn't get so angry about a dud being gifted game.

it's a given during the hinkley era

126th is pretty solid for pressure acts.

His goals, tackles and pressure acts are almost the same as DBJ's, and ya don't see all the hate for him.

1692947255318.png

Last edited:

Sub: D Williams 23

Emergencies: B Teakle 27, F Evans 31, D Visentini 38

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to get really irrationally (or rationally?) angry at Mcentee being in. There is absolutely zero empirical evidence to justify his position. The way he gets treated over anyone else on the list is outrageous. Chad Cornes is a ******* dickhead.

I think the comments around McEntee are way overcooked.

When we first saw McEntee I used to think "oh great - another *ing vanilla short player with no discernable upside" and made comments like "the only reason he's in the side is that he has Ken in his name".

But watching him over the months - his forward pressure really is elite, and after all our whole gameplan is build around forward pressure. Add to that he has pretty good hands and good goalsense. I'm on the lonely McEntee wagon. Interested to see how history judges.

What a load of horseshit. If he applied any decent amount of pressure, he'd be able to make an impact as well.
SPP is elite. Rioli very good. DBJ Good.
McEntee wtf

126th is pretty solid for pressure acts.

His goals, tackles and pressure acts are almost the same as DBJ's, and ya don't see all the hate for him.

View attachment 1785193
This year DBJ has been dropped from the team and has played as a sub.
He has re-invented himself as a pressure forward where as McEntee has played every game.

Today Williams has been made sub to accommodate Boak, where we all know who should have been dropped for Boakie.

Interesting with Williams, wonder if they want to explore his versatility to play forward when he comes on. Good move to give Boak a big hitout prior to finals, Hayes must be wondering what the hell, 4 games in a row after being in exile.

Oh well my changes leading into finals now would be…
In: Dixon, McKenzie
Out: Lord, Jonas
Williams in the 22 Boak to sub.

Would love for it to happen but have given up on the hope of Fantasia coming in.
Also just know that the club play Lycett Week 1 no matter how well Hayes plays on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back