Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted some stats in the general AFL thread the other day. Home finals - excluding the grand final - right across the league for the past decade are no better than a coin flip. It's a myth that they're important.
Maybe so. How many games in the sample? I still don't wanna play Brisbane at the Gabba, and I'm sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe there.

Good old Jed.
I believe he plays a role in the team that the coaching staff want but just doesn’t do it very good.

Would he get a continued run in a team like Collingwood,Brisbane or Melbourne, no way in the world.
If we had someone who was a real stand out for his position then the Jed files would be closed.
I believe if you check most team boards just about every side has there own Jed who posters can’t understand how they get a game.

What a stupid comment. It's a discussion forum.

I think I don't. Your username seems accurate though. Keep walkin.
Relax pussy cat. I'm just *in withcha.
And yes it is most accurate. I'm a campaigner
But you're almost as much fun as thunderpants

I don't like Williams going out. I get they need to get a game into Boak, but Williams has been more than good enough to hold his spot and once again we are forcing Bergman to switch roles to accommodate others. I guess that means Boak plays SANFL, but we've already done that this year with senior players.

I don't see a great deal of point in playing Burton if he is even slightly injured given the circumstances and would've much rather seen him rested than Williams out.

Also think that if Marshall is carrying a niggle it would've been a decent chance to give him a rest. His goal kicking is shite and if he continues kicking like that into finals we are in trouble.

I don't like Williams going out. I get they need to get a game into Boak, but Williams has been more than good enough to hold his spot and once again we are forcing Bergman to switch roles to accommodate others. I guess that means Boak plays SANFL, but we've already done that this year with senior players.
Same here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinating game for us.

Weak opposition who have nothing to play for.

We are an unsettled team that could do with confidence and a good game to settle us pre finals. Also you don’t want to risk anyone unnecessarily, but dropping the at risk players would unsettle the team.

Our ‘best’ team has Dixon, McKenzie and Lycett in it. So Jonas, Lord and Hayes are all treading water. Outside of that, this is basically it. Williams, Evans, McEntee - meh, who cares, although I agree that Williams is not suited to the sub role.

It is a bit off that Williams has been dropped and not for the first time this year on good form but Farrell is on the bench so he seems to be more squeezed out down back with Burton back in form. Hopefully Burton is not playing injured. We will see.

We will see how Boak performs and how he fits into the team. It really is a balancing act between a decent older, mature player and bringing in a young guy. This won't happen this year as our team is set.

We will be playing half a Richmond team so we might waltz into the finals.

Jonas and McEntee are still big question marks but probably not in this game but finals are coming.

I really want to see Hayes play out the game again. That would be fantastic and give us great hopes for finals.

Also, I hope Wines feeds our three stud midfielders both inside but also as link up around the ground. He has yet to hit 30 possies this year and this is the game for Wines to go off.

Would love to see Ollie Lord not look overawed, take control and kick a bag.

Everything else is pretty settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back