Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t afford to loose both Jonas and Burton. Particularly with Mackenzie still out.

did they mention Burton in the press conference?

Can’t afford to loose both Jonas and Burton. Particularly with Mackenzie still out.

did they mention Burton in the press conference?
“Other than Burton w a knock on the knee.. I think we’re alright”

If Brissy somehow loses against the Aints then we must win this game to get 2 home finals.

If Brissy wins against the the Aints, then drop half our side with any player having a niggle against Richmond. There is no advantage finishing 3rd or 4th. Maybe a slight benefit playing at the G than the Gabba.

If Brissy somehow loses against the Aints then we must win this game to get 2 home finals.

If Brissy wins against the the Aints, then drop half our side with any player having a niggle against Richmond. There is no advantage finishing 3rd or 4th. Maybe a slight benefit playing at the G than the Gabba.
Bit hard to do with our sanfl game on Sat arvo and the Brissie/Saints game on Sat night.

Huge benefit playing at the G, the GF is there.
Not even close in terms of preference.

If the Lions knock off the Saints, I wonder if we’ll decide to rest some of our sorer players. The danger off course is heading into our QF carrying too many underdone players. If the Magpies qualify for the SANFL Finals would they play a game in the AFL bye week opening the door for Lycett & Charlie to get some much needed match fitness? Whatever the case, it’s going to be an interesting week at selection.

Evans should replace McEntee.
If Burton is sore I'd rest him.

Farrell was horrendous, and Jones not far off. Marshall's & Finlayson goalkicking continues to be a worry and I don't get the point of McEntee.

Happy to see Hayes providing a good contest though, such a shame we aren't seeing a guy that had played 10 games this year by now, and more prior. Some extremely poor list management there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge benefit playing at the G, the GF is there.
Not even close in terms of preference.
Add climate into it too, Brisbane starts to heat up just a little bit at this time of year. The trouble is if we Collingwood in week 1, we are then most likely due for a PF at the Gabba should we make it. It's a lose-lose regardless and just goes to show we ****ed it by losing to any of Adelaide, Geelong or Carlton.

F: Rioli Vincentini Butters
HF: SPP Marshall Finlayson
C: Duursma Wines Houston
HB: Willams Alliir Bergman
FB: Burton Jonas Farrell
R: Hayes, JHF, Rozzee
INT: DBJ, Jackson, Drew, Jones
Sub: Boak

Out: Lord, McEntee
In: Vincentini, Jackson (new)

Emerg: Evans, Burgoyne, Lord

Unless Burtons injured , probably going unchanged. Just maybe Fanta gets a go, to see if he can survive at this level. Rozee looked a bit off tonight, got a slight knock early, havent seen him caught so many times before.

Have to bring Fantasia in, he’s too good to not be in our 22 and the perfect chance to give him a shot this week.
Raz for Jed
If Burton is injured, bring Boak in the 22 and shift the magnets around a bit.

Come Week 1, my changes from todays side would be…

Fantasia for McEntee
Dixon for Lord
McKenzie for Jonas or Jones (Still Undecided)

I would have said Lycett for Hayes but I am more than happy for Hayes to keep going the way he’s playing.

Lycett, Dixon and Mckenzie will still be in some doubt right up to first final and all will be underdone, some big calls and risks may have to be made in that first final.

Out - Burton (inj), Boak
In - Bonner, Fantasia (sub)

Boaky just looking off the pace, sad to see but father time has caught up with him.

Out - Burton (inj), Boak
In - Bonner, Fantasia (sub)

Boaky just looking off the pace, sad to see but father time has caught up with him.
I'd go the other way and start Boak in the guts, he needs a solid hit out as he has had no continuity with injury and with that sub role. Like Wines whose found form with greater mid minutes, we need to get everyone up fit and firing to attack the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back