Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 day break for those who played in the SANFL probably means we go unchanged.

Sinn and Bonner the two most likely to go out. Burton will come back in, but might have have to wait until after the bye.

Fantasia if he doesn’t get injured again will put pressure on McEntee.

You’d think Narkle will get a chance, probably as the sub at some stage soon if he keeps up his SANFL form

Jonas is a certainty after today's SANFL.
I dont know who of the back 6 will come out, but it will relieve embarrassment.
Sadly we will not get to see him play against Norwood next weekend in the SANFL.

Hard pressed to imagine any changes given anyone who played in the SANFL this week would only have a 5 day break. That being said, given the bye the week after that may offset the short interval between games.

I'd bring Burton in for Sinn but that's where it ends. None of Williams, Farrell or Jones deserve to be dropped after last night's performance. Everyone looks settled in their roles too. So a disaster change would be Jonas in for Sinn and then moving Bergman onto the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman has been not far off AA form. He could be the difference between us winning a flag and losing another prelim.

If he leaves after we win a flag, who cares?
Just like Josh Carr did. At the end of the day if he wants to go home to Victoria, good on him. As long as we don’t get completely screwed I won’t be overly fussed. In saying this I have an inkling he will re-sign for a couple of years with a decent financial incentive.

Just like Josh Carr did. At the end of the day if he wants to go home to Victoria, good on him. As long as we don’t get completely screwed I won’t be overly fussed. In saying this I have an inkling he will re-sign for a couple of years with a decent financial incentive.
Good problem to have, paying a young squad to stay together.

Wheres the cap space coming from? Is the big question.

Especo ally when also looking to bring in a KPD and a ruck (you would expect).

Give Narkle a chance against his old club, even as a sub. He has earned it.

Geelong have two forwards 6'3" and two over 6'5". Logic dictates Burton comes in but I suspect the melt will be that Jonas does.

Unpopular choice: I wouldn't be against Jonas and Burton coming in. Burton can certainly play wing and it gives us extra defensive versatility.

Out: Bonner and Sinn.

Jonas is a certainty after today's SANFL.
I dont know who of the back 6 will come out, but it will relieve embarrassment.
Sadly we will not get to see him play against Norwood next weekend in the SANFL.

We need to be planning for a defence without Jonas. The one we had going around on Friday without him goes pretty well. Don't think we are changing it until it needs changing.

Jonas is now depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back