Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'One or two moments'. Stewart was in Geelong's top 5 rated players on the ground. And for the record, McEntee was in our bottom 3, with one of the only two guys below him having played less than a quarter.

As always, the standard required from the Jedheads for Jed is leagues below the standard required from literally any other player on our list.
Hahahahahah stats, damn stats

Everyone knows that Jed played a VERY important role in our win last night but it's the DeadHeads who have backed themselves into such a corner that can't just admit that Jed worthy of some plaudits this week and move on.

This but unironically.

If we're going to use a forward line spot on a player who offers absolutely nothing offensively, they need to be elite defensively to make up for it, not just good defensively. That means stopping your opposing half back from impacting the game, no matter how good a player they are. Jed isn't elite defensively. Tom Stewart doesn't take that mark on an elite defensive forward.
We have no elite defensive forwards or backs.
I can’t get my head around playing forwards that don’t kick goals so playing Jed just doesn’t add up in my mind.

'One or two moments'. Stewart was in Geelong's top 5 rated players on the ground. And for the record, McEntee was in our bottom 3, with one of the only two guys below him having played less than a quarter.

As always, the standard required from the Jedheads for Jed is leagues below the standard required from literally any other player on our list.
What rating system are you using? Supercoach lol.

Stewart AFL Rating points = 10.7 (so seventh of Geelong players)
Jedi rating points = 9.2

They say Butters will be fit.
Butters in Evans out.

Port want Sinn in the side think he stays.

Jordan Sweet is as good as he is going to to get. I'm worried that Port promised him the world to get him over here.

It would be completely irresponsible to put him back in over Dante.

Dante looked better than Sweet preseason and looked better again against Geelong and there's an upside.

Dante should get a little block here while Soldo is out along with a few games here and there to manage Soldo.

Next year with that one more Preseason he's a gun ruck.

Playing Sweet over Dante is just sabotaging Dantes development.
Sweet has Covid, he will NOT be back next week. Keep getting games into Sinn.
Where I hope we have learned to not rush players back form a hammy. With the exception of Rozee bring 'em back via the Magpies

In: Burgoyne
Out: Evans or McEntee

Could make a case for giving Lorenz a debut, in which case just drop the other of Evans or McEntee.

Ah yes, objective measurements of performance, the natural enemy of the Jedhead.

Jed played an F grade offensive game and a B grade defensive game last night. There's exactly one senior coach/forwards coach combo in the league who would be happy with that output, and it's Donuts Hinkley and Big Cums Cornes. Not exactly the superior football intellects that TeeKray is always banging on about.

Ah yes, objective measurements of performance, the natural enemy of the Jedhead.

Jed played an F grade offensive game and a B grade defensive game last night. There's exactly one senior coach/forwards coach combo in the league who would be happy with that output, and it's Donuts Hinkley and Big Cums Cornes. Not exactly the superior football intellects that TeeKray is always banging on about.
What rating system did you use/quote?

In: Burgoyne
Out: Evans or McEntee

Could make a case for giving Lorenz a debut, in which case just drop the other of Evans or McEntee.

Be interested to know if Lorenz actually travelled to Geelong with the team this week.

Think they do that with Rookies that are close just to get them involved with the routine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Boak, Dixon both rested
In: Burgoyne, Sweet.

Plan to Sub one of the rucks out during the third.

Everyone knows that Jed played a VERY important role in our win last night but it's the DeadHeads who have backed themselves into such a corner that can't just admit that Jed worthy of some plaudits this week and move on.
That was Jed's best game for us. I have no idea what his stats were but with him following Stewart around meant he couldn't play the plus 1 sweeper role and gave us some structure. We seemed to play less Hinkleyball even when we started playing s**t in the second half.

Sweet comes back in if healthy. Good thing it’s a long break till Sunday and he got Covid early in the week.
Dante was fine, did a decent job. Need to take with a grain of salt though, Geelong have the worst rucks in the comp. They also subbed out their only true ruck 10 minutes into the second quarter. We still only barely won the hitouts. Good to know we have a 3rd option if needed though, good position to be in. He just needs to go back and dominate in the SANFL during this period Soldo is out, and he is the sole #1 ruck back there.

That was Jed's best game for us. I have no idea what his stats were but with him following Stewart around meant he couldn't play the plus 1 sweeper role and gave us some structure. We seemed to play less Hinkleyball even when we started playing s**t in the second half.
Yeah I'm definitely no Jed fan but if he is able to have an impact like that every week then I'm fine with him staying in.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No changes.

Sinn showed enough to hold his spot. Neither Jones or Burgoyne are a significant upgrade.

Dante did enough also. I was a bit surprised at how athletic he is, a couple of good chases to halve contests.

We shouldn’t see Rozee until the Carlton game. Get him 110% fit.

I think if Hawthorn were playing Reeves I would bring back Sweet but against Meek I think we could give Dante another game. I'm pretty sure that will not happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back