Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to have selection dilemmas.

Visentini or Sweet? I’ll let the coaches deal with that.

If Burgoyne is fit, who does he replace on the wing? Or does he stay out?

Rozee and Jones probably should miss another week. But if fit, who comes out?

And keep a balanced side.

I think these are our only considerations, assuming we came away without further injuries. JHF did not fare well in the incident that included Atkins tripping him.

I wonder if there's any thought to perhaps try Jones in the SPP role when he gets back from injury, just tell him to mow in like a madman and create pressure & his turnovers are probably less costly up forward.
Wasn't this tried last season?

Wasn't this tried last season?
I think he has before briefly and it probably sucked, however I wouldn't mind another look and what's the harm if he has a go at the expense of Evans (lol) or McEntee (lol) while giving Sinn a bit of a run down back.

I wonder if there's any thought to perhaps try Jones in the SPP role when he gets back from injury, just tell him to mow in like a madman and create pressure & his turnovers are probably less costly up forward.
It could work!

I'd love to see Rozee tried forward, or Jones tried forward, but I'm not holding my breath. Because the players are so set into their 'line group', and spend all pre-season training with them, structures have become more rigid and coaches are less likely to throw players around during games.
The old 'move the full back to full forward' just doesn't happen anymore... Frustrates me.

I'd love to see Rozee tried forward, or Jones tried forward, but I'm not holding my breath. Because the players are so set into their 'line group', and spend all pre-season training with them, structures have become more rigid and coaches are less likely to throw players around during games.
The old 'move the full back to full forward' just doesn't happen anymore... Frustrates me.
This is true they are so locked to gamestyle & what they won't shift on once in season it's almost killed game day coaching. I thought it was actually cool that Chris Scott brought the tactical sub in so early it shows he at least has a fukc this point.

Jones was tried as a half-forward in 2022 against Richmond at the MCG, Sydney at Adelaide Oval, Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval and then Fremantle at Optus Stadium (where he got injured).

His performance against the Suns was his best in the role - 16 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s and 8 score involvements. The main issue is that he's not as relentless with his pressure like Powell-Pepper is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think these are our only considerations, assuming we came away without further injuries. JHF did not fare well in the incident that included Atkins tripping him.
JHF I expect a corkie. Should be ok to front up.

Only change is if Burgoyne is fit, he replaces Evans. I'd prefer it was Macand, but he's apparently a protected species - according to the greatest and most successful coach that ever walked the planet.

Agree, Rozee could be 1 of the deadliest mobile forwards in the game. I think last week's on-ball mix + Rozee spending 60% game time in the forward line is the best way to maximise the impact of the Zak/JHF/Ollie/Rozee group.

i cant see us losing this, we beat up on bottom 4 sides at home
As I said earlier in the thread, we haven't lost to a bottom 10 team in the daytime/twilight slots since we started playing at AO in 2014.

We're 36 and 0.

If Hinkleys record is propped up by anything this is one of those stats.

Absolutely can’t drop visentini.

Too bad for sweet. That’s footy.

Mead has to stay in the middle, on decent minutes. And we should ride Ollie's wave of renewed form for as long as it lasts. Once Rozee is back, I'd be playing him as a permanent forward. Would give us some genuine X factor.
So keep mead in the middle ahead of rozee?

I’ve heard it all now

Their last month is good. Think they've clicked.

Modest win against Norf - 45 points
Huge loss to Sydney - 76 points
Small win against Bulldogs - 7 points
Small win against Saints - 5 points

Not that much to write home about.
If we're switched on, we should win by 6-7 goals.

Jones was tried as a half-forward in 2022 against Richmond at the MCG, Sydney at Adelaide Oval, Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval and then Fremantle at Optus Stadium (where he got injured).

His performance against the Suns was his best in the role - 16 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 3 goal assists, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s and 8 score involvements. The main issue is that he's not as relentless with his pressure like Powell-Pepper is.
He played in the forward line for Round 1 against Brisbane in 2023. 12 disposals, 4 marks for 3 goals. But if you think that was better...

Jones was tried as a half-forward in 2022 against Richmond at the MCG, Sydney at Adelaide Oval, Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval and then Fremantle at Optus Stadium
The main issue is that he's not as relentless with his pressure like Powell-Pepper is.
But is he more relentless than McEntee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back