Preview Changes/ preview thread for rd 5's game v's Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat is beginning to be turned up in our direction, Kingy started post game. Scott will have to squirm like he never squirmed before.
Thompson did enough to hold spot ....he answered his critics well I thought, yeah yeah sch1t disposal but he wasnt alone.

I'll just watch in anticipation......fun times.

OUT: Thomas IN: Anderson

B: Williams Tarrant Thompson
HB: MacMillan Hansen Mullet
C: Atley Higgins McDonald
HF: Ziebell Brown Hrovat
F: Simpkin Garner Turner
R: Goldstein Cunnington Dumont
I: Preuss Anderson Swallow Gibson
E: Daw Clarke Durdin

Brad isnt gonna drop Swallow, Thompson or Gibson. Hopefully Lindsay goes back to Weribee to find form. Cant forgive that game. Give Jed a run instead.

I dont want to see Atley or McDonald anywhere near defence anymore. I dont want to see Ziebell in the guts either. Go small up forward. Play Garner as the 2nd tall alongside the resting ruck. Our forward pressure is dogshit.

I'm interested in seeing Durdin, EVW, Clark, Anderson, Wagner and Mounteford. They'll all be getting their opportunities this season, and I for one don't care when. It's going to be a frustrating season but I see a lot of promise in the core of our team, just need a few of the young guys with talent to nail their spots in the team.

T
The heat is beginning to be turned up in our direction, Kingy started post game. Scott will have to squirm like he never squirmed before.
Thompson did enough to hold spot ....he answered his critics well I thought, yeah yeah sch1t disposal but he wasnt alone.

Thompson cost us a goal with his for disposal from his kick out, from a experienced player that's not exceptiple, on Cloke who is a old style forward he had his measure, but on a small quick forward he will be found out again.
He needs to be dropped along with Swallow.

Just from what I remember he got 2 goal assists for the Dogs. Switch from inside d50 that went about 3 feet off the ground straight to a dog, and one of the worst kick outs I've ever seen where it looked like he was about 5 feet outside the box, and then straight into the lap of a dog.

It's just game changing and momentum sapping stuff.

Out: Thompson and Andrew Swallow
In: Vickers Willis/Hibberd and Ryan Clarke

We definitely do not need 3 key defenders against Fremantle, they have two crap key forwards and then a bunch of small blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T

Thompson cost us a goal with his for disposal from his kick out, from a experienced player that's not exceptiple, on Cloke who is a old style forward he had his measure, but on a small quick forward he will be found out again.
He needs to be dropped along with Swallow.
You do realise I have eyes .... and the chance of me seeing that throughout the game was real yeah? To lay blame again on one particular act is unfair on that player........but sure as I said the other day, he is closer to the end of his time as an AFL player he knows it as well as Swallow as do we. The fun bit is to watch how Scott manages the changes in the near future........now we know he admitted last year in hindsight he screwed up, so we all expect him to have "honest chats" very soon.
You didnt expect him to have them in the 1st month of the season did you??

Just from what I remember he got 2 goal assists for the Dogs. Switch from inside d50 that went about 3 feet off the ground straight to a dog, and one of the worst kick outs I've ever seen where it looked like he was about 5 feet outside the box, and then straight into the lap of a dog.

It's just game changing and momentum sapping stuff.
I realise that and no I didnt enjoy it........I thought he played as if he has had a chat in the coaches office since the last time he played.
Youd have to look at what type of efforts Thommo did prior to his bad kicking errors.....he may have chased his man around the globe and back before stuffing up. Not making excuses but unless you really dissect it....you just dont know.

Last edited:
Once again King shows he's not a footy analyst's a-hole.

He has a point about Swallow but blind Freddie can see that. He then says we need to get now midfield time into Turner.Really? There are half a dozen blokes before Turner that could do with midfield time.

Stick to parroting Chanpion data stats, Kingy.
Kingy can be seen as a flog at times but he has done a stint of coaching........to be honest I didnt hear him say the Turner reference into the midfield but I offered it as a suggestion over the summer........to be honest until Scott gives these younger kids some time in the centre ball ups we dont know what we have. Simpkin, the way he dances should also go in there.

I am not a fan of the 2 rucks, I think we are basically wasting 2 players achieving the results of one while losing out up forward, but with Sandi playing, it might be worth having the extra height of Preuss. Given up on Maj playing a role this year.

If Wood plays well, he is in. Best of Wagner/Mountford/Anderson/Clarke gets the other spot.

As for outs, still think we are one HF too many, Swallow should be in the gun while Preuss may be sacrificial.

Kingy can be seen as a flog at times but he has done a stint of coaching........to be honest I didnt hear him say the Turner reference into the midfield but I offered it as a suggestion over the summer........to be honest until Scott gives these younger kids some time in the centre ball ups we dont know what we have. Simpkin, the way he dances should also go in there.

Didn't need Marley down back l'd give him a run in there too !

The Turner thing was in the article.

King was a failure as an assistant coach at Richmond under Terry Wallet.

If he was a true analyst and knew our list, like the oracle he portrays himself to be instead of saying Turner needs more time in the midfield as justification of moving Swallow on choosing Dumont, Hrovat, Anderson, Clarke Mountford and even LMac and Atley would have had greater effect.

As fo Simpkin his time will come, the kid has played 3 games and is coming along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back