Game Day R5 v Fremantle @ 5/4/20 12.35pm Metricon: Honorable loss the order of the day, kids played well.

Today's result?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

no really. hartigan is a potato. id rather an out of form mcasey or butts in front of him.

and yeah, if we dont win a game I want him gone. thats unacceptable.
And another one !!!

Mate, this season is about pick 1 now and if that means we lose 17 games so be it. Also I'm not entirely sure you can blame everything on Nicks

Do you want him bringing back Gibbs, Seedsman and Mackay because that would increase our chances of winning
did you not read my first sentence? I said I would rather an out of form mcasey or butts in front of him.

oh and gibbs wouldnt increase our chances of winning lmao.

he said gibbs would increase our chances of winning lol. I cant that seriously, sorry. he is hot garbage.
Having senior players in the side instead of green kids would certainly increase our chances of winning.

I guess we better sack the coach for not trying to win hey.

Sloane please

Prior to a ball being bounced this season on top of giving kids a genuine run of games when they ascended, the other request was no seniors hobbling around at 70% for whatever idiotic reason the club feels it's needed. We failed the first test with Davis, but we've recovered since. We're failing with Sloane and I hope that we eventually realise the folly. Watching senior players going around under clear duress shits me to tears.

Last edited:
Prior to a ball being bounced this season on top of giving kids a genuine run of games when they ascended. The other request was no seniors hobbling around at 70% for whatever idiotic reason the club feels it's needed. We failed the first test with Davis, but we've recovered since. We're failing with Sloane and I hope that we eventually realise the folly. Watching senior players going around under clear duress shits me to tears.
Sounds like he wants to rest him, let's see if he actually does

Prior to a ball being bounced this season on top of giving kids a genuine run of games when they ascended. The other request was no seniors hobbling around at 70% for whatever idiotic reason the club feels it's needed. We failed the first test with Davis, but we've recovered since. We're failing with Sloane and I hope that we eventually realise the folly. Watching senior players going around under clear duress shits me to tears.
We have emergencies for that....I doubt Sloane or Jones will play if there's any doubt come game day

If we end up with a centre clearance team of Crouch-Crouch-Sloane I may have an aneurysm

What a waste that would be
Well, last week was zero for Mrouch, Brouch and Sloane in the centre square.

How many times did it happen in our deplorable effort against the Suns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New to supporting the club?
He's right though, we've seen a change this year even if a slight one.

That said, I'll be disappointed to see Sloane and to a lesser extent Jones out there.

I read that Mcasey is omitted and heard Nicks pump up Hartigans form on and off field. He isn't gonna drop him anytime soon.
You also have to reward form over wise it promotes mediocre even if they are young and senior players.

I read that Mcasey is omitted and heard Nicks pump up Hartigans form on and off field. He isn't gonna drop him anytime soon.

Jury is still out on Nicks, but he has shown is a clear intent to play kids. He knows full well that if he's going to succeed as a coach here, that developing Mcasey with others is key.
In the past kids have been dropped, or not selected based on perceived chance to win games. I doubt thats the case here - more likely Nicks things a break is in his best interest development-wise - whether thats rest physically, confidence (getting belted weekly has to take a toll on a kid), or level of effort.

Not surprised with the Hartigan call, freshen up McAsey for our home game at AO in 2 weeks. Crouch coming straight back surprised me, would’ve gone with Davis and I’m a little worried this means less mid time for Jones and McHenry.

The outs don’t bother me, I just would’ve made Crouch have one more big performance in the scratch matches before coming in. I hope that he actually plays as a pure inside mid this week and Brad continues his role from last week.

Dropping McAsey is right. He isn't playing with much confidence at the moment. He will get plenty of games this year but you would need to give young players a break every so often to play in a scratch match for the weekend to have a bit of an easier time. I believe a lot in him but this is good man management.

Back