Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for Joel Western to have an AFL Debut game. I personally would of waited until next week vs the dogs or weeks after vs the suns and he can Debut Infront of his friends and family.

I would of gave Giro a chance to get in.
Western is an emergency he is not named in the team

Logue must be touch and go. A likely out from the reports. He wasn’t pictured in the Cottesloe gallery and obviously McArdle seen or heard him fail his test (his intel on Ryan was spot on). He won’t be risked and hopefully it is a calf more like Brayshaw.

Duman and Watson will have to make do for Georgiades and Marshall. Give them a challenge because if we are to continue to improve we need some of these fringe players to step up. Duman had an injury post 2020 season and hasn’t hit the late season form of 2020. Watson has shown glimpses of some good defensive work but his composure and decision making at times has been average.

It’s actually the smalls that worry me more; Motlop, Fantasia, Gray, Rozee. Big Dixon’s job is to create a contest and bring the ball to ground. Are Aish, Tucker and Wilson up to the challenge??

We’re gonna be small on the day, I hope the ball isn’t going to be bombed into the forward line non stop. Send it also gets the carpet and let the mosquito fleet have at it.

Logue must be touch and go. A likely out from the reports. He wasn’t pictured in the Cottesloe gallery and obviously McArdle seen or heard him fail his test (his intel on Ryan was spot on). He won’t be risked and hopefully it is a calf more like Brayshaw.

Duman and Watson will have to make do for Georgiades and Marshall. Give them a challenge because if we are to continue to improve we need some of these fringe players to step up. Duman had an injury post 2020 season and hasn’t hit the late season form of 2020. Watson has shown glimpses of some good defensive work but his composure and decision making at times has been average.

It’s actually the smalls that worry me more; Motlop, Fantasia, Gray, Rozee. Big Dixon’s job is to create a contest and bring the ball to ground. Are Aish, Tucker and Wilson up to the challenge??
Fantasia is the only one under 180cm.
Watson, Duman against 2nd-3rd tall forwards, we are outgunned.

We’re gonna be small on the day, I hope the ball isn’t going to be bombed into the forward line non stop. Send it also gets the carpet and let the mosquito fleet have at it.
When you don't have legit big targets up front, teams defense the short kicks and run and carry. Which makes you bomb into the forward.

Up the other end, we need to zone back to help our defense. Which will make it again impossible for ball movement.

Meek should be playing in this game.

Meek allows Lobb and Darcy to be big target up front.

60 point loss coming up.

I literally said after the Essendon game... ‘ah logue, hes starting to look like the player we know he can be again. Bet he gets injured.’

ffs.
Why the actual f*** would you tempt fate like that? You know the footy gods are always looking for opportunities to smash us.

I will be holding you personally responsible for the belting we are about to cop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://thewest.com.au/the-west-live
Fremantle DockersAFL

exclusive
Fremantle Dockers defender Griffin Logue to be ruled out of clash against Port Adelaide with calf injury
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Fri, 28 May 2021 8:31PM
Comments
Jordan McArdle
Fremantle will be another defender down for Sunday’s clash against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval with Griffin Logue the latest out of action.
The West Australian understands the key back won’t play due to a calf issue and is unlikely to be part of the travelling squad on Saturday morning, despite being named in the side.
Logue has had a rough run with injuries since he was drafted out of Swan Districts with pick eight in the 2016 national draft, including foot and hamstring setbacks.
It leaves Fremantle worryingly short of tall defenders with Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling (both ankle), Ethan Hughes, Heath Chapman (both shoulder) and Hayden Young (hamstring) already sidelined.
Brennan Cox is likely to get the job on hulking Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon, part of a trio of talls in attack alongside Mitch Georgiades and Todd Marshall.
It means reigning Doig medallist Luke Ryan will be forced to play more of a negating role on Georgiades or Marshall.
Of the four emergencies Taylin Duman is the only out-and-out defender, while Connor Blakely has split his time between the midfield and defence.
Fremantle are yet to beat Port Adelaide at their new home ground in five attempts, but their only away win of the season came at the Adelaide venue against the Crows in round five.

https://thewest.com.au/the-west-live
Fremantle DockersAFL

exclusive
Fremantle Dockers defender Griffin Logue to be ruled out of clash against Port Adelaide with calf injury
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Fri, 28 May 2021 8:31PM
Comments
Jordan McArdle
Fremantle will be another defender down for Sunday’s clash against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval with Griffin Logue the latest out of action.
The West Australian understands the key back won’t play due to a calf issue and is unlikely to be part of the travelling squad on Saturday morning, despite being named in the side.
Logue has had a rough run with injuries since he was drafted out of Swan Districts with pick eight in the 2016 national draft, including foot and hamstring setbacks.
It leaves Fremantle worryingly short of tall defenders with Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling (both ankle), Ethan Hughes, Heath Chapman (both shoulder) and Hayden Young (hamstring) already sidelined.
Brennan Cox is likely to get the job on hulking Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon, part of a trio of talls in attack alongside Mitch Georgiades and Todd Marshall.
It means reigning Doig medallist Luke Ryan will be forced to play more of a negating role on Georgiades or Marshall.
Of the four emergencies Taylin Duman is the only out-and-out defender, while Connor Blakely has split his time between the midfield and defence.
Fremantle are yet to beat Port Adelaide at their new home ground in five attempts, but their only away win of the season came at the Adelaide venue against the Crows in round five.
Thanks. Doesnt really give any clues as to the extent of the injury.
We will probably need to wait till his podcast with Mundy next week to find out more.

Why the actual f*** would you tempt fate like that? You know the footy gods are always looking for opportunities to smash us.

I will be holding you personally responsible for the belting we are about to cop.
i knew I shouldn’t have said it as soon as it came out.

There is only one article about this and it's behind a paywall, nothing from the club so far.

Seems fishy
Its all an elaborate ploy. bell leaking to the media. causes port to get far to cocky. We win. bell walks away smiling deviously.

Attachments

• 1622268573640.png
    1622268573640.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 70
Its all an elaborate ploy. bell leaking to the media. causes port to get far to cocky. We win. bell walks away smiling deviously.

This will be Bell's victory song, to be sung loudly at Port!

"There is a SPIDER...spider...spider!"

So annoying to lose Logue. Hopefully the week off will give him a 15 day break to the next game and ensure he doesn’t lose any momentum. Had been building a nice bit of form and one week off won’t hurt that but any more would be annoying and disruptive.
Dixon will have a day out now. He’s out of form but if there’s one thing freo do well - it’s play big out of form KPF back into good touch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back