Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

The AFL should have hastily moved the game to tonight.....we could have had a full crowd like the rugby and basketball.

What a complete clusterfu**
There’s been some hysterical and insane things written on this thread in the last few hours but seriously suggesting you can switch the game to tonight (3 and a half hours after the lockdown was announced) takes the cake. I have a feeling you didn’t really think that through.

There’s been some hysterical and insane things written on this thread in the last few hours but seriously suggesting you can switch the game to tonight (3 and a half hours after the lockdown was announced) takes the cake. I have a feeling you didn’t really think that through.

It was a joke dude - I was taking the piss out of the fact we can have crowds tonight but not tomorrow.

I guess North will be affected more by being restricted in what they can do in the lead up to the game.

I wonder if any of our players live in the listed COVID zones - there's quite a few suburbs the visitor got around to.

Overall though, not having a home crowd makes a trip to Perth for them is less intimidating. Heard their coach that half of their team hadn't travelled here before.

Its a real fizzer for our players with the build up all week, being up at King's Park the other day, and then turning up with no crowd.

There was a shitton of people in blue heading to HBF as I was leaving work tonight. Just seeing them made me mad jelly.

I must say you reap what you sow fancy locking down a city over a case.

Oh well as a freo fan i am disappointed there wont be a full house at optus tomorrow night to cheer on the boys

But also as a New south welshman i can't believe the contract tracing in WA is not sufficient enough by now to handle an outbreak.

I'm down in Melbourne at the moment and they are so far behind us it's not funny. I'm not sure what WA is like but NSW is so far ahead with the contract tracing it isn't funny.

If things go pear shaped again in NSW I am confident that they will be able to contact trace quickly and effectively.

I'm down in Melbourne at the moment and they are so far behind us it's not funny. I'm not sure what WA is like but NSW is so far ahead with the contract tracing it isn't funny.

If things go pear shaped again in NSW I am confident that they will be able to contact trace quickly and effectively.
Sydney had clusters over Christmas and they still went ahead with the SCG test. Norman Swan went rabid over an expected third wave but nadda. Gladys is miles ahead the Country's best premier.

Oi Tonga Bob - do your job and get this thread back on topic!

Ease up mate. The rookie mod is still trying to work out what happens when you hit the "post reply" button. Be a few weeks before he works it out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can the club just move the Anzac game to rd 8 against Brisbane instead , that way we get to honour them properly and a crowd?
There was a short video statement from Garlick earlier this afternoon that hinted the club will do that: the ceremony for tomorrow night is cancelled and may be held in a later round.

The issue is that perception of the danger of the virus is far, far higher. There were surveys conducted in the USA that responded with people thinking the death rate of the virus was upwards of 10%

Because they are idiots. Read some science - the fatality rate is well known by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue is that perception of the danger of the virus is far, far higher. There were surveys conducted in the USA that responded with people thinking the death rate of the virus was upwards of 10%
It's not just the death rate. Have a look at India. It cripples health care systems and the knock on effects are insane.

You lucky pricks. Complaining about a 3 day lockdown. Laughable.

Have you ever thought about assisting NASA to explore the further reaches of space? or are you happy to dwell on the "Low brow" sections of everyday life? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back