Preview Changes v Crows R3 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What worries me most is we have abandoned three talls forward line, we are going backwards.

This should be a perfect chance for Hayes to debut!

Clowns, do us a favor, win and win big
After last week I don’t mind abandoning the tall forward line. We need more movement, while all three forwards were unimpressive on the night I‘d agree that Findlayson appeared the laziest. Apart from Butts, height isn’t going to be an issue when it comes to the cows.

He was fooked! You could see it every challenge he went for, should never have played.

That may be so but the club have not listed Duursma as injured and he is an emergency this week. According to the Club he may yet be listed as the medical sub. We have to assume he was dropped on form which is pretty poor given he was not fit.

Can’t wait to see all the egg on faces when McEntee proves you all wrong. I’m backing the kid in
Unless he's grown 20 centimetres overnight there's nothing he could do to prove me wrong about these selections.

We joked about the football gods turning against us because we didn't provide the setting for the immaculate resurrection of our lord and saviour JoBu, but this plague of injuries and pestilence, along with a return to the days of Ken's midget fetish has me concerned.

This is the least interested I've ever been in a Showdown, ever.

Can’t wait to see all the egg on faces when McEntee proves you all wrong. I’m backing the kid in

Is he riding at Morphettville tomorrow?

I'm excited to see McEntee out there. I reckon he could potentially be a really solid cog if we could get a decent forwards coach.

The issue isn't that McEntee has been picked, or that Mayes has been picked. Its that we failed to give Hayes a run last year at the perfect opportunity, traded out our only other ruck option, have a very out of from key ruck who desperately needs a chop out, have forward targets completely failing up forward, and yet still aren't playing Hayes.

Hayes should be playing this week. There has never been a clearer or more obvious selection. We are ******* his career and the future of this club by not playing him. Its just a continuation of young talls not being backed in ever in the last 9 years (apart from Todd).

I am fine with his selection. We have no nippy small forwards if Butters plays midfield and Rozee only gets the usual half a dozen touches.

I'm excited to see McEntee out there. I reckon he could potentially be a really solid cog if we could get a decent forwards coach.

The issue isn't that McEntee has been picked, or that Mayes has been picked. Its that we failed to give Hayes a run last year at the perfect opportunity, traded out our only other ruck option, have a very out of from key ruck who desperately needs a chop out, have forward targets completely failing up forward, and yet still aren't playing Hayes.

Hayes should be playing this week. There has never been a clearer or more obvious selection. We are ******* his career and the future of this club by not playing him. Its just a continuation of young talls not being backed in ever in the last 9 years (apart from Todd).
Georgiades was backed in from the get go also. I think the issue with Hayes is he hasn't knocked down the door. In the practice games he looked super slow, and didn't look up to the standard at all. Weren't there reports from club insiders that he was getting towelled up by Lycett all preseason also? Sometimes you need to back a player in, but there's a fine line between doing this, and going too early and destroying any confidence that a player may have, and having the opposite effect. There's a lot of problems with the club presently, but this doesn't feel like one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... a return to the days of Ken's midget fetish has me concerned.

This is what struck me when I saw the ins and outs for this week. We are failing to score from an abundance of forward entries and the Brilliant Mind Of Hinkley decides that it is because our forward line is too tall. How many more times does he need to play out his fantasy of a midget forward line winning games before he realises it really is just a fantasy.

Did the crows add Frampton to their side along with Himmelberg and O'Brien? But not Thilthorpe?

Thilthorpe would’ve feasted on the shuffling husk of McKenzie. The SANFL not starting until November proving to be suboptimal.

In the case of Duursma, is his dropping, as much about him declaring himself fit when he clearly is not.
It is not the first time he has done it and at some point he has to take responsibility for costing the team.
I know people are going to say it is up to the Medical staff but in a lot of cases they react to what a player tells them.
He is best 22 every day of the week based on previous form but he has to find a way to get it back.

That may be so but the club have not listed Duursma as injured and he is an emergency this week. According to the Club he may yet be listed as the medical sub. We have to assume he was dropped on form which is pretty poor given he was not fit.

And given he was far from worst on ground. Pumping games into Mayes while dropping Duursma after one subpar game coming off an injury makes zero sense.

on AA last night, senile Blighty and that **** Ben Hook legit thought Mayes was Hayes and went on for 3 mins about how Port will be using the second ruckman Mayes forward and to chop out Lycett in the ruck. For blokes that are paid to talk sport, its quite farcical really.
Adelaide AFL press core are all senile dinosaurs, KG in his 80's, Cornes in his 70.s Blighty in his 70's . I think they basically just work for freeso as to keep up a retirement activity.

Thilthorpe would’ve feasted on the shuffling husk of McKenzie. The SANFL not starting until November proving to be suboptimal.

Just saw Frampton is named in defence. If we do bring the ball to ground it will be like dinosaurs vs mammals.

on AA last night, senile Blighty and that **** Ben Hook legit thought Mayes was Hayes and went on for 3 mins about how Port will be using the second ruckman Mayes forward and to chop out Lycett in the ruck. For blokes that are paid to talk sport, its quite farcical really.

One year whoever was reporting footy news on AA way back when turned Cain Ackland and Derek Murray into one player. I thought that was some serious genetic engineering going on there.

duurs just needs a bit of a consistent run at footy without niggling injuries to get his confidence back and he will be ok, hammy in 2020, knee 2021 & now shoulder/collarbone 22 not the nicest of injuries. shouldn't have played last week that was clear, whoever made the final call on that is an idiot. even if he said he was fine there should've been an over ruling on that.

#bringbacktredders

You should do a podcast ;)

Georgiades was backed in from the get go also. I think the issue with Hayes is he hasn't knocked down the door. In the practice games he looked super slow, and didn't look up to the standard at all. Weren't there reports from club insiders that he was getting towelled up by Lycett all preseason also? Sometimes you need to back a player in, but there's a fine line between doing this, and going too early and destroying any confidence that a player may have, and having the opposite effect. There's a lot of problems with the club presently, but this doesn't feel like one of them.
I don't consider MG a true tall.

Here's the issue. If you don't think that he's up to it then why did we trade out Ladhams for a 4 pick upgrade at the end of last year? Where is the back up plan? Its the usual s**t at Port... plan a and then if that goes to s**t just desperately try to patch something together on the fly. Shocking list management. What if Slyce was injured this week? Was our plan to just concede the game?

We've dropped Finlayson, we let go of Ladhams for not much, we shipped out Buzza, we never even really tried Frampton, and we've ignored every tall back up we could have traded in. You can argue some of those guys aren't up to it and I'd agree, but there has to be some sort of plan beyond putting the entire load on Lycett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back