Preview Changes v Crows R3 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say I am a Hinkley Fan, but I was a bit sick of the 'we only won by 6 goals, sack Hinkley' threads in 2020-21. Having said that, the level of stupidity that we crammed into the off season and first 3 rounds almost looks like a double agent trying to destroy Port from the inside. Actively sent the list backwards. Anyone with half a brain could see that Lycett needs a chopout ever since the start of 2020. With Ryder and Ladhams in the team, he has basically never had a 95%+ ruck game. Has a reputation of fading badly and having stints of rubbish mid season. So we give away a AA ruck as steak knives (who is the best ruck forward in the game) to make way for our upcoming ruck/forward, then get rid of him for nothing, leaving almost cooked, mid range Lycett and the next big thing in Hayes. Lycett has been absolutely pulverized by no names 2 weeks in a row and we're not giving the guy who is ready to go (because if he's not our whole recruiting team should be sacked) a game either as number 1 ruck, or as a chopout as we need a forward as well. The guy we traded for nothing had 2 years to run on his contract and was a Port Supporter, whereas Hayes is OOC this year and can walk if he doesn't get a good run this year. Instead we are dropping Finlayson who can 'almost' ruck and I assume play Marshall as the chopout, meaning Georgiades will be the only guy above 6'1 in the forward line at times. Meanwhile Hayes will play SANFL and destroy whoever he plays while thinking 'I'm not getting a game in the side that is currently dead last, hmmmm' when we know there are whispers in his ear. We have had Pasini on the list for several years and apparently have no faith in him because we are playing a guy who runs about as fast as I do. We have delisted honest triers every year, while players like Rozee, Marshall, and Motlop get gold passes all year round.

We played injured players last week, dropped one this week as the scapegoat and dropped the guy we used our 1st, 2nd, and Ladhams to get after one game. WHAT THE * IS GOING ON.

Thought you'd turned the corner when you admitted that playing talls for the sake of it doesn't work.

McEntee will give us the pressure up forward that we have been lacking playing three talls that don't have the presence of Dixon and therefore allow defenders to run off them with ease. Since Marshall and Finlayson were both well s**t, you're always going to give the nod to the younger player who has been with the team for longer because he's got credits in the bank. Playing Hayes or Lycett up forward would have made the problem with zero accountability by our forwards even worse.

Our issue is that we're already cutting deep into our depth chart as it is when guys like Sinn, Finlayson and Duursma are being omitted and we are still missing Dixon, Aliir, Gray, Fantasia and Bergman, with Clurey still out injured. We're now looking at players 33+ on our list to make an impact - guys like Mead (2 games), McEntee (1 game) and Mayes (116 games). After that its Hayes (0 games), Dumont (113 games) and Frederick (8 games) who are emergencies along with Duursma...and then:

Williams (1 game)
Burgoyne (0 games)
Lord (0 games)
Visentini (0 games)
Pasini (0 games)
Jackson (0 games)
Schofield (0 games)
Farrell (still recovering from ACL - 33 games)

We're at the ******* bottom of the barrel and it's three games into the season.
Since when is Duursma depth? Righto.

These moves reek of a coach who has no bloody idea how to fix the problems on the field.

The only way this forward line has a remote chance of working is if the midfield isn't instructed to launch it inside 50 high up in the air. Otherwise, they'll be executing a gameplan that does not play to the players' strengths in the slightest.

Then again when was the last time the gameplan actually accentuated the players strengths and minimised their weaknesses?
He is the problem, that's the problem, and to throw the word in again the problem is he can't see that he's the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait to see all the egg on faces when McEntee proves you all wrong. I’m backing the kid in

Mayes will at least provide some toughness, rate the guy. Hayes should have come in to let lycett go forward. Would be much better structure. But ken knows best.;)

Is he trolling us?

Hey Dad have you seen Big Footy lately?

Look Jordan I stay away from that and you should too

Yeah I know but they've gone next level

Whadda ya mean

Well read some of this

Right... f'ck 'em I know how much they hate losing to the crows. The sh*t they've hung on me over the years, well let 'em suck on these selections.
Trying to run me outta town with their know all smart arse talk i'll show 'em. They've had it in for me for too long... i'll get 'em.

Donna............ DONNA.

Wot

We might be home next year.

Oh Kenny............. come here you sly fox. You wanna pull the blinds down darling.

Yikes.

I mean as supporters we often disagree with selection but that's so absolutely pathetic it's hard to know where to even start.

Surely this is the social media team doing an April Fools and Hayes is a late in. That forwardline looks extremely impotent and undersized, even moreso when you consider Ken's only plan is bomb it to the tall target, who won't be there most of the game.

I mean this genuinely mission
It’s not like you to fire up like this.
It Really says to me there’s a lot if frustration in our supporter base.

It’s not just a big footy thing.
no offence taken and you are right. I have been a fan but Hinkley has now lost me with his failure to learn that you can not play injured players, yes players can carry niggle but they will get exposed when they play injure.

How Marshal gets selected is beyond me, you know I would love for him to come good but he will forever belong to the "potential club" . Funnily I think we get to see the two worst key forwards play in the same match because Himmleberg is only 1% better than Marshall.
McKenzie let us down by putting his hand up to play last week. It was noticeable that he could not turn and made it so easy for his opponent and the same will happen this week, Rozee couldn't run last week so I can't see why he will be able to run this week. WTF we the fitness staff and coaches let them get away with pulling the same s**t this week is amazing. Motlop oh my god now that is a selection to invest in our future. To throw Sinn out with the bath water is disgusting, yeah he wasn't great last week but give a kid a chance to adapt and show improvement. I absolutely hate one in and out unless it is for an injury replacement.

Even with all that the insipid effort in the last quarter last week was amazing, but to be fair if I was a player and I looked up at 3/4 time and saw Marshall at full back on the team board I think I would have given up as well, because it is obvious the coaches had.

Any body thinking Marshall can play the Westhoff role forgets that Westhoff could actually mark the ball.

Yes it is back to the Primus era when each loss meant a higher draft pick. One always has to find a silver lining.

I wouldn't say I am a Hinkley Fan, but I was a bit sick of the 'we only won by 6 goals, sack Hinkley' threads in 2020-21. Having said that, the level of stupidity that we crammed into the off season and first 3 rounds almost looks like a double agent trying to destroy Port from the inside. Actively sent the list backwards. Anyone with half a brain could see that Lycett needs a chopout ever since the start of 2020. With Ryder and Ladhams in the team, he has basically never had a 95%+ ruck game. Has a reputation of fading badly and having stints of rubbish mid season. So we give away a AA ruck as steak knives (who is the best ruck forward in the game) to make way for our upcoming ruck/forward, then get rid of him for nothing, leaving almost cooked, mid range Lycett and the next big thing in Hayes. Lycett has been absolutely pulverized by no names 2 weeks in a row and we're not giving the guy who is ready to go (because if he's not our whole recruiting team should be sacked) a game either as number 1 ruck, or as a chopout as we need a forward as well. The guy we traded for nothing had 2 years to run on his contract and was a Port Supporter, whereas Hayes is OOC this year and can walk if he doesn't get a good run this year. Instead we are dropping Finlayson who can 'almost' ruck and I assume play Marshall as the chopout, meaning Georgiades will be the only guy above 6'1 in the forward line at times. Meanwhile Hayes will play SANFL and destroy whoever he plays while thinking 'I'm not getting a game in the side that is currently dead last, hmmmm' when we know there are whispers in his ear. We have had Pasini on the list for several years and apparently have no faith in him because we are playing a guy who runs about as fast as I do. We have delisted honest triers every year, while players like Rozee, Marshall, and Motlop get gold passes all year round.

We played injured players last week, dropped one this week as the scapegoat and dropped the guy we used our 1st, 2nd, and Ladhams to get after one game. WHAT THE fu** IS GOING ON.
Ken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back