Preview Changes v Crows R3 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

duurs just needs a bit of a consistent run at footy without niggling injuries to get his confidence back and he will be ok, hammy in 2020, knee 2021 & now shoulder/collarbone 22 not the nicest of injuries. shouldn't have played last week that was clear, whoever made the final call on that is an idiot. even if he said he was fine there should've been an over ruling on that.
Didn't look right pre season. Probably does need run in 2's to get some form and fitness. Will be back pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

Didn't look right pre season. Probably does need run in 2's to get some form and fitness. Will be back pretty quickly, I'd imagine.
he and sinn the like. guy has barely played footy in the past 2 years and we are just expecting him to come into afl footy and dominate. more horrible management. give him a month or so in the seconds let him build some confidence and match fitness and bring him in without the pressure when he's ready. how dumb huh

We joked about the football gods turning against us because we didn't provide the setting for the immaculate resurrection of our lord and saviour JoBu, but this plague of injuries and pestilence, along with a return to the days of Ken's midget fetish has me concerned.

This is the least interested I've ever been in a Showdown, ever.

Bombshell....I've hardly ever been interested in Showdowns. My hatred of their idiotic fan base has drained all joy and life out of these games.

And given he was far from worst on ground. Pumping games into Mayes while dropping Duursma after one subpar game coming off an injury makes zero sense.
Isn's this exactly when we're supposed to play Mayes? Duursma had a shocker and he looks injured. We have injuries of Gray and Fantasia up forward - when would we ever use Mayes if we don't use him now? We know exactly what we're getting, the guy can play all over the ground if required and he's yet to embarrass himself when he's been picked. At least with Mayes we know he can kick, run, lead and mark which is a lot more than some of the others at the moment.

on AA last night, senile Blighty and that **** Ben Hook legit thought Mayes was Hayes and went on for 3 mins about how Port will be using the second ruckman Mayes forward and to chop out Lycett in the ruck. For blokes that are paid to talk sport, its quite farcical really.
Was Blight a consultant to Collingwood when they mistakenly traded for Chris Mayne instead of David Mundy?

he and sinn the like. guy has barely played footy in the past 2 years and we are just expecting him to come into afl footy and dominate. more horrible management. give him a month or so in the seconds let him build some confidence and match fitness and bring him in without the pressure when he's ready. how dumb huh
Consistent with a lot of our decision making really, playing unfit or out of form players and playing kids too early, just to please the fans with a sugar hit.

I really don't get the changes we've made. We were in massive trouble when Lycett needed to be shifted out of the ruck, and by dropping Finlayson we're now worse off in that situation. Unless Skinner has some hidden away rucking capabilities.

I don't consider MG a true tall.

Here's the issue. If you don't think that he's up to it then why did we trade out Ladhams for a 4 pick upgrade at the end of last year? Where is the back up plan? Its the usual s**t at Port... plan a and then if that goes to s**t just desperately try to patch something together on the fly. Shocking list management. What if Slyce was injured this week? Was our plan to just concede the game?

We've dropped Finlayson, we let go of Ladhams for not much, we shipped out Buzza, we never even really tried Frampton, and we've ignored every tall back up we could have traded in. You can argue some of those guys aren't up to it and I'd agree, but there has to be some sort of plan beyond putting the entire load on Lycett.
Completely agree. I can’t speak for the list management team, but I think they probably expected Hayes to come on more than he has over the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back