Prediction Changes V Essendon

chaddy22

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2012
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Ideally Fmac plays some blinders in the next month and then some club offers us a second rounder for him.
Why do people belittle Fraser.He played a role in the Gws win.He will never be your go to man but in all the games I have seen at afl he has been pretty decent.I thought he was gone a few years ago but I think he has actually improved in that he is versatile in playing ruck and forward.

Remember

When Giles played that brilliant final v Adelaide in Adelaide

He played his one career blinder ......let’s hope Fraser plays his one career blinder this week

Was the week before the finals, the final was the infamous "let's play Brown as a forward pocket" game.

eaglesfan84

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I would love to see Gov play forward for a half if possible

I think he could easily snag 6-7 marks inside 50

Play Elliot yeo as key back ....move Gov to the forward line
Well McInnes has had stints as a backman also in the WAFL so he could push back if we need a different target up forward.

eaglesfan84

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We say that we shouldn’t have to change our style, but we kind of have to until JK/JD gets back.

We’ve been one of the few teams this year that kick long inside 50 because we know we have the advantage. But now that we don’t, I’m concerned that the mids won’t adjust their style and lower their eyes. Their lack of chemistry with our small forwards was also a concern vs Sydney.

I hope last week was just an off week against an elite defence, but I’m a bit uneasy heading into tonight’s game.
I think it wasn't so much about the chemistry but rather the shitbox that is the SCG combined with the shittiest team to watch in the Floody Swans

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Its always preys on your mind when star players are out,in comes a big fella who is not too bad but not big on pace;it may rain;and we're playing a team of super speedy short people.

WCFaithful

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a shame I'll be working tonight so I won't see the game :( I reckon Ryan will get his licence to go for a few more big grabs with Kennedy and Darling on the sidelines.

EdCurnowRules

All Australian
Sep 15, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I’d like to see McInnes play a defensive forward role on Hurley to prevent his intercepting and effect his skills in bringing the ball out of D50. McInnes would be strong enough physically and have enough desire to outwork Hurley I reckon, who is a squib anyway.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Why do people belittle Fraser.He played a role in the Gws win.He will never be your go to man but in all the games I have seen at afl he has been pretty decent.I thought he was gone a few years ago but I think he has actually improved in that he is versatile in playing ruck and forward.
i never belittle fraser i don't mind him.

Really loved what he did in 2015 and i have a bit of faith in the young colt.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
It's a shame I'll be working tonight so I won't see the game :( I reckon Ryan will get his licence to go for a few more big grabs with Kennedy and Darling on the sidelines.

I took the day off so I could watch it - am so disappointed that JK is out, but it will be a chance to see something different, perhaps.
Looking forward to it, being back on Optus.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
You , like a few other on here ,seem to have a lot of faith in McInnes .

Sorry but his 6 goals in 12 games hardly inspires any confidence in me that he will make an impact tonight as a forward.
I do genuinely hope he has a break out game tonight and kicks 2 or 3.

Why would Essendon bother playing either Hurley of Hooker on McInnes when they will get away with playing a third tall on him because McInnes is very poor overhead, so he won’t be dragging either of the two H’s away up the ground they will stay back and pick up the intercepted marks that come in.

Mids need to deliver quickly and with flat low passes to the Frenchman and Snake and Willie and Ryan need to control the spilt ball in our forward line.

Now station Lycett at FF and that’s a very different proposition.

If McInnes has not been bought in mainly to give a chop out in the ruck and more so as a KPF then his history and track record suggests that’s a big task.

I think either The Sneezer or Vardy would have presented a better marking option in the forward line than McInnes.

As I have said in previous posts the rucks and mids will be required to have a significant contribution to the scoreboard tonight if we are to get the points.

I have watched several games of EP live and let me say that McInnes tries hard and manfully in the ruck but his forward play is nothing special. For a guy his height and weight he is pretty average in the WAFL as a KPF.

Will be thrilled to be proven wrong and McInnes announce himself tonight.

If we drop the game tonight it will undo some of the great work done previously pre the bye.
Vardy was out of the question as from what I've been told is a long way from being ready to play at AFL level again following injury, and Ah Chee didn't get a call up due to the short turn around as he played for EP Saturday. They obviously held McInnes back in the event he was required for tonight. Believe the Clubs hands were tied a bit for this reason which is why I hate Thursday night games, as you can't hold too many players back who would normally play for EP.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I would love to see Gov play forward for a half if possible

I think he could easily snag 6-7 marks inside 50

Play Elliot yeo as key back ....move Gov to the forward line

Why create two new problems trying to fix another?

Lycett and McInnes cover the forward roles, everyone else does what they normally do.

If it turns to crap look at making changes but not before.

Back