Changes V Giants RD 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great strategy.

The 3 tall forwards isn't helping us in the form they're in at the moment . It was fine when they were firing. Rayner looks half lost in what his role is or what he's meant to be doing. Stick him FF, leave him there and tell him to lead hard and contest hard.

Not sure what Michael's capacity is at present but at least he didn't make too many mistakes and when he did get it didn't cough it up.

Lyons needs a rest. He just looks stale and disinterested. Give someone younger a crack at it and try to freshen Lyons up.
Regarding Coleman - he was a bit of a liability at first but he kept going for his kicks and has very quickly improved his positioning. I think Carter deserves a run because it could be a huge payoff

Some real brain genius selection ideas here. What contest does Rayner present down the line against Sam Taylor or another key defender? Do we want to waste his body by having him get battered in 10-15 marking contests a game?

He's had a few bad weeks and definitely could do more work defensively when in the midfiled. I'm more concerned though about people who actually win posession which we are lacking other than Lachie - its worth continuing to have Cam do stints in there because for that stretch around the giants and dockers games, he was contributing well in that area.

Bailey is far more of a liability in the midfield right now and has had a very very disappointing 2 months.
I see Rayner as a leading forward /decoy type role. It's worked well in the past with similar strong players of his build. You still play Daniher and McStay.

Just to mix it up a bit. He looked like he might be able to break open the play a bit a few weeks ago but that's all gone of recent weeks. We're still waiting on him , the ACL put him back 12 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: McStay, Ah Chee, Coleman, Andrews and Robertson
Out: McInerney, Tunstill, Michael, Fullarton and Sharp

Kiddy and Andrews straight swap for Michael and Fullarton

McStay forward/second ruck

Ah Chee and robbo to be our main 2 wings and Dev gets midfield time from Robbo and Lyons and possibly tag Cogs

Last edited:
Kiddy, Ah Chee and Mcstay all back at training this morning. Harris expected back tomorrow.
They look good 🤞
FXl2FXmaIAEosC-

FXl2FXmaUAEAVNH
FXl2FXmaUAAOYWl

I'll be stunned if we beat GWS in Canberra - hopefully they prove me wrong, but we still have massive outs and struggled with one our best teams against GWS in Brisbane so I'm not holding any hope - didnt see the game, but one wouldnt expect them to be as bad as they were against Port last week.

I'll be stunned if we beat GWS in Canberra - hopefully they prove me wrong, but we still have massive outs and struggled with one our best teams against GWS in Brisbane so I'm not holding any hope - didnt see the game, but one wouldnt expect them to be as bad as they were against Port last week.
I expect them to come out firing. GWS still have a lot of elite talent and can turn it on at any time. Kelly, Taranto, Cogs, Hopper and Green will tear us apart in the midfield. Lions will need to find something from deep within to pull off a win in canberra

I think with the net gains/loses and COVID returnees we should go in expecting to win this game.

Hopefully the internal messaging is exactly that.

We have had a blessed run with injury so we aren’t used to it, but a lot of teams win through injuries, we should cover this.

Carlton have pushed through with an insane injury list, as have other teams.

13th placed side - who look close to checked out, we should win this game.

If we have average AFL pressure or above and don’t allow 40 points directly from CB (which is effort based) we will win.

The cold conditions/unique road trip worry me a bit.

PS - this is not a preempting a melt, I’ve said my piece this week. Purely just putting out there that that is my honest expectations and what I hope the clubs are.

What I think will happen? Not sure, I think it’s 50/50.

If it doesen’t happen, it might be a relief, who knows - battling for top 2/4 can be tiring, being resigned to the bottom half of the 8 (which is where form suggests we are) might be a good thing.

Going into finals with an ‘outside chance’ - rather than a ‘top 4 torch bearer’ mentality might be a good thing?

Can’t wait to see a response in effort, I think we will get it.

Go lions!

Our backline looks to be gaining a few back! Diz, kiddy, Answerth and Harris are some great ins if they all return! I would really like to see Answerth and Ah Chee spending time on the wing. Rotate one off half bath and the other the wing and rotate through the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back