Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

If you weren’t allowed to run Rocky would be great , he is good in tight scrappy games but if we need more spread and run I guess he could go out , I think I’d have Powel Pepper in front of him myself , I’d like Butters back in .
The problem with that is Rockliff is the best of the four at getting the ball to those outside players who are spreading.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Ryder, Sutcliffe
In: Lycett, Butters

I want to also drop Bonner after that shocker, but Garner is too similar to Broady and HH and I think on a dry deck he gives us something different. So I'd give him one last game.

I also think S Gray should be dropped, but not sure who for.

He was very good, I agree. But beating Zac Clarke and whoever the fu** Hayden McLean is is a long long way away from Goldstein and Sandilands over the next two weeks. At this stage Lycett has runs on the board against the quality rucks of the competition and Ladhams doesn't, and with a finals spot on the line I'd prefer to go with the guy with those runs on the board.

Ladhams - yep, the experiment worked and we now know he is AFL standard... but let’s not kid ourselves, Lycett would have done the exact same job as Ladhams and probably better over the last couple of weeks. Lycett is still our number 1 ruckman and will be fresh after a couple of weeks rest!

Bonner - needs to harden the * up, Burton is a massive improvement if fit.

Sutcliffe - Butters in if fit offers a dimension that Cam has never had.

Sam Gray stays in because of his record against the Northern Kangaroos.

If we are serious Bonner at a minimum has to be dropped. I think he will come good in time...just right now his efforts can't go unnoticed. At times cringeworthy. I would go Dougal or Garner. If Burton is fit he is an absolute must.

It's then between Gray and Butters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Ryder, Sutcliffe
In: Lycett, Butters

I want to also drop Bonner after that shocker, but Garner is too similar to Broady and HH and I think on a dry deck he gives us something different. So I'd give him one last game.

I also think S Gray should be dropped, but not sure who for.
Spot on re the first bolding.

I think Paddy falls into that category for the second bolded section.
I thought Paddy was terrific yesterday and I can't see how you could drop him, especially on a fast deck.

We got to wait for the Maggies game but right now Butters for Sutcliffe for me.

If Motlop can turn it on today at Alberton he should be considered for S Gray. Motlop has finals x-factor and history for turning it on in finals.

Burton has been out a while, he will play in the Maggies next week and then comes in for either Brogsy or Bonner.

If we are serious Bonner at a minimum has to be dropped. I think he will come good in time...just right now his efforts can't go unnoticed. At times cringeworthy. I would go Dougal or Garner. If Burton is fit he is an absolute must.

It's then between Gray and Butters.
So Sutcliffe is a lock next week?

Given we were prepared to play Ollie in the 2's after a lay off there is no way Ken will stray from this strategy for Burton. Plus given it was a decent hammy it makes sense.

I must admit, I overlooked Dougs. Yeh he could come in for Bonner if he plays well today. Even though he's a tall he's still better defensively than Bonner. The issue is Bonner gives more overlap run than Dougs and in a team boasting a lot of talls it's hard to see Ken adding in another one but it's not a bad selection if it happened.

Ladhams - yep, the experiment worked and we now know he is AFL standard... but let’s not kid ourselves, Lycett would have done the exact same job as Ladhams and probably better over the last couple of weeks. Lycett is still our number 1 ruckman and will be fresh after a couple of weeks rest!

Bonner - needs to harden the fu** up, Burton is a massive improvement if fit.

Sutcliffe - Butters in if fit offers a dimension that Cam has never had.

Sam Gray stays in because of his record against the Northern Kangaroos.
Experiment... Ladhams is the best ruckman on our list. By a fair way. I said it in some Maggie game threads, but he is grundy like in the ruck. He stays in the team now, it's his spot. Like Collingwood did with grundy, just leave him in, develop, and watch him dominate the comp in time.

Well another good win and Ken has already stated he is reluctant to change a winning side so...…..most likely no change....Burton comes in if he is well and truly ready otherwise don't risk him....

IMO...
If Lycett dominates he comes in for Ryder.....Ladhams stays but if his form dips and we sneak in it's Lycett/Ryder (but only if form dips! and Ryder goes in the off season!)
On SGray- I get that he's been poor for a couple (or more) and Ken has shown he will drop big names will he drop one that's not after a couple of wins....my take...small forwards are hit and miss and I think he's hits are higher than those he's competing with in Butters and Farrel (for now) I also think I'd prefer to take his experience and greater strength into Sept (if we make it)
On Bonner- calling him soft is harsh but he is definitely aware of his limitations when it comes to size and strength....but he is a weapon and has to stay...would I like to see him go harder when it's his turn, yes.....but in general we are inside heavy and Bonner helps our balance....

So for Norf......Burton for Sutcliffe....thanks for the melt-ories but time to go....

So we gonna drop Ladhams when he is the form of his life?......

Sheesh.

Rucks are a special category. You can only have one #1 ruck. As much as I'd like to, you can't just drop Sutcliffe or Sam Gray for Lycett and think the structure will all work itself out.

Right now I think Peter Ladhams is easily in our best 22 players. But I don't think he's in our best team.

Out: Sutcliffe, Ryder
In: Woodcock, Lycett

We've picked the wrong time to play North...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back