Unofficial Preview Changes v North - Gather Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t great last night but he’s trying to do the role of two-three players. Bit like Darcy Moore. He performed well the first two games.

That’s why I’m scathing of guys like Payne. He’s 25 this year. Continuous games of 5-6 disposals (which are generally poor ones) and one mark isn’t anywhere near good enough.
Agree he did not offer anything offensively, but he also did not get any of those cheap non contested chip around disposals.

IMO, he did an adequate job on his direct opponent which changed frequently as lions play zone type defence and Pies were doing a lot of forward craft with blocks and switches.

He let McInnes score a goal in the first Q, but laid a goal saving tackle on Mihocek in the first Q. He arguably shares some responsibility with Andrews and to a lesser extent Lester (who was marking no one) for Mihocek's third goal in the final Q.

Clearly he was not responsible for Mihocek's two goals in the 3rd Q, as Harris was marking Mihocek.

I posted weeks ago the loss of Kiddy would be detrimental, and I now believe it is probably having a bigger impact that I first thought.

There are so many players in our team that are down on their best form, and perhaps the Vegas trip might explain a little.

Some observations from Suns fan if I can. I do watch every Lions game :)

No need to panic, that's my advice. I would panic only if you lost to North next week, haha. Wait until 7-8 games are done and dusted and then you will know how the season will turn out. Still way too early. Lions can still turn it around, turn it on.

Main issue is why so many players are out of form. Because of US trip? Staying 6 years at the top (I don't think so)? Grand Final hangover/fall out? Some changes in off-season training did not work out? It could be one year down before loading up again with Ashcroft brothers in (a bit like Swans after GF disaster).

As for the line-up. Obviously, players out of form are worries. Do coaches still stick with them or make some changes is the question.

You would hope Neale ankle is not bad and he plays. He is the most important player. I would also have a word with Dunkley. He needs to lift.

2 rucks did not work, Lions were too tall against Magpies. BigO with Daniher rucking for me, possibly replacing BigO with Fort.

Honestly, I can't understand why some Lions fans still want to play Lyons regardless of Neale/Dunkley playing or not. I watched him yesterday and he is so slow outside contest. Huge liability not being able to keep up with opposition.

What happened to Tunstill? One young player who impressed me in pre-season.

Good luck. I do want both QLD teams prosper (unless we play QClash). Vic teams bias and advantages pisses me off.

Last edited:
Some observations from Suns fan if I can. I do watch every Lions game :)

No need to panic, that's my advice. I would panic only if you lost to North next week, haha. Wait until 7-8 games are done and dusted and then you will know how the season will turn out. Still way too early. Lions can still turn it around, turn it on.

Main issue is why so many players are out of form. Because of US trip? Staying 6 years at the top (I don't think so)? Grand Final hangover/fall out? Some changes in off-season training did not work out? It could be one year down before loading up again with Ashcroft brothers in (a bit like Swans after GF disaster).

As for the line-up. Obviously, players out of form are worries. Do coaches still stick with them or make some changes is the question.

You would hope Neale ankle is not bad and he plays. He is the most important player. I would also have a word with Dunkley. He needs to lift.

2 rucks did not work, Lions were too tall against Magpies. BigO with Daniher rucking for me, possibly replacing BigO with Fort.

Honestly, I can't understand why some Lions fans still want to play Lyons regardless of Neale/Dunkley playing or not. I watched him yesterday and he is so slow outside contest. Huge liability not being able to keep up with opposition.

What happened to Tunstill? One young player who impressed me in pre-season.

Good luck. I do want both QLD teams prosper (unless we play QClash). Vic teams bias pisses me off.

If we lose to Norf I’ll adjust my position to align with Briztoon and advocate for us to tank for pick 1.

If we lose to Norf I’ll adjust my position to align with Briztoon and advocate for us to tank for pick 1.
Norh mid is bloody talented but they can keep up only for 1 quarter. Their defence is shambolic. No worries for Lions, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Hipwood at BHA yesterday. Big smile over his self-satisfied moosh. Didn't see what he had to be so happy about really. But TBF didn't seem to be carrying any bruises. As you might expect.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

? Did you expect red eyes from crying himself to sleep? FMD, they are human, and not there to answer to your obsession.

No one would have been more gutted by his performance than the man himself.

Saw Hipwood at BHA yesterday. Big smile over his self-satisfied moosh. Didn't see what he had to be so happy about really. But TBF didn't seem to be carrying any bruises. As you might expect.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Such a brain dead take

Board member Cathy Reid
It would seem the Courier Mail in Brisbane have more details, lots more, they are now naming players. Daniel Rich has left the club after being honoured Thursday night, it's also interesting his social media accounts have no activity since his return from the US. The clubs quick denials nothing is 'ongoing' from the end of season trip seems rather hollow now. This is something affecting the performance now and is still ongoing if Rich left the club yesterday, Easter Friday.

It would seem the Courier Mail in Brisbane have more details, lots more, they are now naming players. Daniel Rich has left the club after being honoured Thursday night, it's also interesting his social media accounts have no activity since his return from the US. The clubs quick denials nothing is 'ongoing' from the end of season trip seems rather hollow now. This is something affecting the performance now and is still ongoing if Rich left the club yesterday, Easter Friday.
Rich posted three times in 2021 and twice in 2022 and 2023. Don’t read into when his last insta post was too much

I couldn't care less about this scandal. Obvious hysterical media blow up. Just hammer North, and move on with the season.

I couldn't care less about this scandal. Obvious hysterical media blow up. Just hammer North, and move on with the season.

Donald Trump Water GIF by Election 2016

OUT - Hippy, Answerth, Payne, Dev
IN Lyons, Morris, Lohmann, Tunstill (SUB)

Bails to HBF - better overhead and at ground level than Zorks and takes the game on
Rayner to get on a wing or in the CBA more often
Morris deep forward as an X factor - Joe CHF up the ground
Zorks in a FP crumbing/rotating on the ball

It will be

Out: Answerth, Dev
In: Lyons, Lohmann

Changes will be very minimal. One or two. They believe we are just out of form and will keep pretty much the same squad and will just rotate the fringe players in and out over the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back