Unofficial Preview Changes v St. Kilda (after the bye)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Archie Smith, Mitch Robinson, Cam Rayner, Jacob Allison, Lincoln McCarthy.

Ins- Oscar McInerney, Ben Keays, Toby Wooller, Josh Walker, Thomas Berry.

Archie was a massive liability today.
Mitch and Linc been down for a while.
Cam needs a stint in the NEAFL.
Jacob did very little.

We missed Big O BIG time for those bail out kicks down the line.
Keays deserves more than 1 game, play him as the small forward.
Wooller and T.Berry have been good consistently in the NEAFL and IMO Berry Jnr is the type of guy who will lift at the higher level.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Archie, Matho, Hodge, McCarthy/Rayner and Robertson

In: Oscar, Bundy/Bastinac, Walker, CLyons and Lester

Bring in the extra tall down back. The superior ruck, Robinson goes forward.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Outs- Archie Smith, Mitch Robinson, Cam Rayner, Jacob Allison, Lincoln McCarthy.

Ins- Oscar McInerney, Ben Keays, Toby Wooller, Josh Walker, Thomas Berry.

Archie was a massive liability today.
Mitch and Linc been down for a while.
Cam needs a stint in the NEAFL.
Jacob did very little.

We missed Big O BIG time for those bail out kicks down the line.
Keays deserves more than 1 game, play him as the small forward.
Wooller and T.Berry have been good consistently in the NEAFL and IMO Berry Jnr is the type of guy who will lift at the higher level.
Only one I disagree with is Allison. Reckon we should give him a couple more.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Anyone but Rayner, McCarthy, Smith, Mathieson all just horrible today and as for Rayner and to a lesser extent McCarthy, they've had ample opportunity and frankly not up to it.

If Rayner was on the trade table, we'd be lucky to get a second rounder (and that's only on potential), but really, he'd be worth no more than a pick in the 50's, simply not up to the rigours of AFL footy; yet. Again saw him blow up more than usual after one chase, forget about repeat chases.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Anyone but Rayner, McCarthy, Smith, Mathieson all just horrible today and as for Rayner and to a lesser extent McCarthy, they've had ample opportunity and frankly not up to it.

If Rayner was on the trade table, we'd be lucky to get a second rounder (and that's only on potential), but really, he'd be worth no more than a pick in the 50's, simply not up to the rigours of AFL footy; yet. Again saw him blow up more than usual after one chase, forget about repeat chases.
Gee D12, that is so so tough on Rayner, playing one of the hardest positions on the ground in his 2nd year......for gods sake he's only 19, if we traded him we would live to regret it big time, 2-3 years he will be a beast

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Gee D12, that is so so tough on Rayner, playing one of the hardest positions on the ground in his 2nd year......for gods sake he's only 19, if we traded him we would live to regret it big time, 2-3 years he will be a beast
Maybe...the same was said about Schache and Boyd; look at their career trajectory. Hell, even Sam Walsh and Noah Answerth have gone way past him.

I'd honestly like to see Rayner in the NEAFL and I still don't think he;d dominate a game playing against Sydney Uni or one of the other battlers in the NEAFL. People make it he'd kill it at that level; well lets see because he doesn't deserve a game in the seniors, that I've known all year.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How many weeks more is Marcus Adams out? Will need to play some NEAFL but there is a spot for him there.

Out: Archie, McCarthy/Rayner, Allison

In: Big O, Keays, Walker

Think we need another midfield runner so pick one and maybe drop N Robbo or Hodge. Could drop Matho too but I don't love our depth options.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Hipwood also shouldn't be immune from being dropped either; offered nothing again today to go with many other times this year...only fair that Hipwood should cop like his cheese mate Rayner.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
During the week I watched the hawthorn game twice. Mccarthy played a very good game with lots of tap ons, blocks etc which don't get stats. I wouldn't be dropping him.

lions27

Club Legend
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez Robertson is a whipping boy, I thought he stood tall when plenty of others had their colours lowered.
Talking about dropping people what about Robinson? Stunk it up today and hasn’t done much for a few weeks now.
Outs- Robinson, Smith, Hodge
In- Big O , Berry and Walker

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I don’t think he’s suggesting we trade him, just that his value is no more then a second rounder. I would tend to agree in the hypothetical case.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

McCarthy was poor today but agree a weeks rest will be good for him and he deserves another game. Least he tackles and has second third efforts.

In : Cutler, Oscar, Walker, Keays

Out : Rayner, Archie, Robertson, Mathieson.
Also in Bastinac out Witherden.

Maybe...the same was said about Schache and Boyd; look at their career trajectory. Hell, even Sam Walsh and Noah Answerth have gone way past him.

I'd honestly like to see Rayner in the NEAFL and I still don't think he;d dominate a game playing against Sydney Uni or one of the other battlers in the NEAFL. People make it he'd kill it at that level; well lets see because he doesn't deserve a game in the seniors, that I've known all year.
1559988058103.jpeg

Yep, Fagan is addicted. Just keeps playing him hoping he will hit the jackpot and repay the faith. That said, he sat him on the bench a fair bit today at key moments. As was pointed out elsewhere, supporters were getting jack of him at today’s game. He is slow, has a very small tank and hands like bricks. Giving next to nothing. No cheese sniffing today, just a whiff of mediocrity.

Last edited:

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some harsh criticism of players who suffered because of our woeful Ruck and Midfield performance . Every Backman gets excused, including Nick Robertson who won his position contrary to the bias of some here.
We had 1 player in the top 10 possession getters. Neale. 8 were Carlton Midfielders!
. All others in the Midfield except Zorks (who was dominant until injured )need to have a good think about themselves . Archie was woeful . Lyons absolutely given a drubbing by Cripps. Matho and Clugga .... not good .
To improve our Team after the Bye we need Oscar ,Keays and Walker back in Archie, Witherden , Rayner to earn their spits in the Neafl

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back