Prediction Changes V Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone reckon we've taken a risk going in with just the one key defender?

McGovern isn't very accountable at the best of times. What happens if Franklin gets hold of him early? It's a tough ask for Sheppard to take Franklin, giving away 10cm in height.

Any chance Waterman shifts back at times?? I was pretty drunk at the end of the saints game, but I’m sure I saw Waterman moved back as a spare man in the last quarter.
Has been common in blowouts we swing him back to teach him positioning. Hurn spends a lot of time directing him. Have seen it a few times

Has been common in blowouts we swing him back to teach him positioning. Hurn spends a lot of time directing him. Have seen it a few times

Yeah I noticed Hurn and McGovern at times ordering him around in the backline against the saints. I guess it makes sense. If we're going to play him and two ruckman, he needs to add some versatility to his game to help with the team structure. He'd be very valuable if he can play as a third tall forward and back.

Wouldn't be a bad idea playing Waterman or Brander as the the spare man in defence.

Think Bunga might find himself on buddy a lot tomorrow.

I feel we've stacked our team with more players to provide the pressure up the ground so that the lack of key defenders hopefully won't be felt as much. It's a daring strategy that could come unstuck, but I like that we're showing some versatility with our strategy.

Not sure Sheed did enough to not be re-dropped after being a late inclusion against the Saints. Ah Chee really hard done by.
Yeah sheed's ball use and decision making since his return has been a tad rusty but i think he is far more valuable to the side than Sneeze. Especially against a good midfield like the Swans.
Following stats are averages and not Total.
3rd at the club for disposal , 2nd for contested possessions, 4th for meters gained and equal 2nd for clearances.
Hutch was already dropped so I don't think it make sense to drop another mid.

Also While Sneeze has marked well, he hasn't even scored a goal this season and its been a huge reason why Ryan came in for him.
There's an argument that Sneeze could have replaced sheed in the middle but Sheed has form in the midfield this season, while Ah chee hasn't played and serious minuted in the middle at AFL or WAFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're well overdue bunga delivering a nice but fair hip and shoulder on a key player, would love to see him knock the wind out of buddy early in the game to set the tone.

Was actually thinking about this the other day. I remember a game against Port at AO when at the opening bounce he came off the square and ironed out Boak. Set the tone for the rest of the match.

McGovern isn't very accountable at the best of times. What happens if Franklin gets hold of him early? It's a tough ask for Sheppard to take Franklin, giving away 10cm in height.
yep, on page it looks a concern, but obviously they have a plan...guess we're going to see it unfold one way or another,
we're locked and loaded now...

I guess Sheps got a lot more in the tank than Gov, probably moper than Franklin as well.

I dont think its going to be enough to keep the wolves at bay.
You're saying it as though he's doing great this year.

He was dropped for the Saint game and then got a late call up. He didn't set the world on fire and Ah Chee didn't do anything to deserve to be dropped. It should have been last in, first out.

I'm a big fan of Sheed, but this year his decision making has been diabolical and slow. To many times he's burnt the best option and got done holding the ball. He needs a spell in the twos.

Yeah sheed's ball use and decision making since his return has been a tad rusty but i think he is far more valuable to the side than Sneeze. Especially against a good midfield like the Swans.
Following stats are averages and not Total.
3rd at the club for disposal , 2nd for contested possessions, 4th for meters gained and equal 2nd for clearances.
Hutch was already dropped so I don't think it make sense to drop another mid.

Also While Sneeze has marked well, he hasn't even scored a goal this season and its been a huge reason why Ryan came in for him.
There's an argument that Sneeze could have replaced sheed in the middle but Sheed has form in the midfield this season, while Ah chee hasn't played and serious minuted in the middle at AFL or WAFL level.
Ah Chee came over to play midfield not hff like at Port. This would have been a great game to give him the midfield minutes that Sheeds been playing and not Redden him like we did with Jack in 16 & 17

Ah Chee came over to play midfield not hff like at Port. This would have been a great game to give him the midfield minutes that Sheeds been playing and not Redden him like we did with Jack in 16 & 17

Feels like Ah Chee is still building post an injury interrupted pre season. Doesn't strike me as one of those blokes with a naturally large tank, think it requires work for him to build it up. Give it time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back