Unofficial Preview Changes v Tigers round 10 2024 @Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Jaxon Prior, Connor McKenna, Cam Rayner.

Ins- Shadeau Brain, Noah Answerth, James Tunstill.

Cam Rayner the Sub.

Outs- Jaxon Prior, Connor McKenna, Cam Rayner.

Ins- Shadeau Brain, Noah Answerth, James Tunstill.

Cam Rayner the Sub.
I like these changes, save for Cam as sub. No way that Fagan will do that.
McKenna was extremely poor tonight - Brain deserves an opportunity. Might be time for the Rich/Gunston ‘fitness’ related stint in the twos until Connor’s conditioning (let alone decision-making) build back to AFL level.

Why is Brain an out when he was in the 23 tonight?

Noah is a no brainer to come right back in. I’d can McKenna; he looks disinterested. Perhaps rest Lachie for JL if he needs a break.

I’d like a look at Ryan in place of Hipwood but we know that Eric will never be dropped. Let’s hope he can get his confidence back against a depleted Tigers and kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going nuclear and putting Rayner in the 2's for a few weeks and telling him to bust his gut running around.

My reason hasn't been raised yet. He lets us down with skill or effort errors when he's tired at the end of quarters or the match. Happened again yesterday.

I don't care who we bring in. As long as they're warm and vertical.

Million to one chance of that happening though. Especially against Richmond where he might justify his position by tearing it up.

We'll go with Answerth for Prior.

I'm going nuclear and putting Rayner in the 2's for a few weeks and telling him to bust his gut running around.

My reason hasn't been raised yet. He lets us down with skill or effort errors when he's tired at the end of quarters or the match. Happened again yesterday.

I don't care who we bring in. As long as they're warm and vertical.

Million to one chance of that happening though. Especially against Richmond where he might justify his position by tearing it up.

We'll go with Answerth for Prior.
What doesn't make any sense is Cam played so well against Melbourne, especially early when he was in the guts which got him into the game, but since then we've hardly seen him in there at all. I don't understand why we didn't continue with it given how well he played. Bit odd really.

Prior > Answerth is the easy swap this week. Wouldnt mind seeing Brain get a full game.

Not sure we would starting sub Morris as the third tall. We dont tend to mess with that structure too often.

Do think that if we stay in similar form that when Bailey returns, Rayner is the one I would be questioning pushing out

What doesn't make any sense is Cam played so well against Melbourne, especially early when he was in the guts which got him into the game, but since then we've hardly seen him in there at all. I don't understand why we didn't continue with it given how well he played. Bit odd really.

Personally I think Rayner's game against Melbourne has been overrated, both here and in the media. People have been waiting 6 years for a break out game from a #1 pick and jumped on the smallest glimpse. Watching it a second and third time there was a bit of right place right time with ball bouncing this way all he needed to do was accelerate to the ball and keep running. His inside 50 delivery on that game was a lot of just kick it long as well. What we see from him every other week is what you get when everything doesn't line up for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We really need the percentage boost, especially for our attack to fire. After the last few years, it is funny that our attack is what is letting us down at the moment.
Percentage boost is pretty irrelevant right now with the draw - Collingwood is the only other draw team that's materially above us.

Going to get in trouble here - but I'm looking at dropping/resting Reville or Morris in a few weeks. Maybe it waits until Bailey is back for Bruce to go out, but for me he's a pretty easy sub call.

In - Answerth
Out - Prior

Sub: Bruce (Brain into 22)

Think McKenna will be better when he doesn't have as many defensive responsibilities. Too good a player on last year's form not to persist with.

Percentage boost is pretty irrelevant right now with the draw - Collingwood is the only other draw team that's materially above us.

Not necessarily.

Collingwood, Adelaide and Essendon all have draws . We may well end up in a dogfight with one or all of them for a Finals spot or Finals positions.

Percentages are108.0 (Coll), 101.6(Adel) and 98.3 (Ess).

We are currently 100.3% so all of those sides are close enough in percentage, for it to perhaps matter later on in the season

Not necessarily.

Collingwood, Adelaide and Essendon all have draws . We may well end up in a dogfight with one or all of them for a Finals spot or Finals positions.

Percentages are108.0 (Coll), 101.6(Adel) and 98.3 (Ess).

We are currently 100.3% so all of those sides are close enough in percentage, for it to perhaps matter later on in the season
Unlike previous years, we do need to make the most of piling on the percentage in games when we have the opportunity and even more so with the difficulty of our draw and lack of what I would call easy games remaining.

We could be in a face off with the Crows for 8th, who knows.
I would like to think if we are going well , bloody keep the foot down , more percentage the better.
Not expecting it though, maybe a 5 goal win at best.
Although hopefully this week is the week the forwards kick through the middle more than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back