This is the side id like to see

FB: Bews, Henderson, Stewart
HB:Kolo, Blicavs, Tuohy
C:Narkle, Kelly, cockatoo
HF:parfitt, Hawkins, menegola
FF:Jones, Taylor, Dangerfield
R:Stanley, Selwood, Ablett
IB: Duncan, Selwood, Menzel, C.Guthrie

Henry and cunico unlucky, but Henderson and Narkle replace them.

I'd be tempted to replace Guthrie with a either Smith or Abbott to maintain that structure,I don't like Hawkins or Blits having to ruck.

I'd be tempted to replace Guthrie with a either Smith or Abbott to maintain that structure,I don't like Hawkins or Blits having to ruck.
Agreed. But Abbott has shown nothing to suggest he’s anything other than keen Stephenson mark 2. And smith is a complete s**t truck. Time to start playing afl standard footballers. Not “he’ll fill the role”

Wrong. Mods should really do something about the people who claim to support our team.
Sounds like the mods are right on point.. the pros and con sides are both pissed off...

Ahh nirvana how I luv thee...

Go Catters

Frankly the incumbent has to be displaced with quality football at VFL level.

In: Cunico
Out: Cockatoo

When he plays a month of reserves football without getting injured then we’ll talk.
He’s not a walk up start in this side atm.

Why are people wanting Henry dropped? He has 2 weeks off now with the bye to recover, same with Cunico so i expect them to be ready to go against the dogs. I reckon Hawk will kick 6 against the dogs and have another 5 score involvements, in ripping form.

Frankly the incumbent has to be displaced with quality football at VFL level.

In: Cunico
Out: Cockatoo

When he plays a month of reserves football without getting injured then we’ll talk.
He’s not a walk up start in this side atm.
Yes he is.

Yes he is.
I’m aware you’re a fan.

I get that’s he’s had a wretched run and has scarcely been able to show us what he’s capable of, but my view still stands. He has to play reserves footy and show us why he deserves a place over others.

They’ve got more credentialed players in Taylor, Henderson and Guthrie doing the same as we speak, and rightly so. Guys have come in a performed well. Why should Nakia be different?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m aware you’re a fan.

I get that’s he’s had a wretched run and has scarcely been able to show us what he’s capable of, but my view still stands. He has to play reserves footy and show us why he deserves a place over others.

They’ve got more credentialed players in Taylor, Henderson and Guthrie doing the same as we speak, and rightly so. Guys have come in a performed well. Why should Nakia be different?
Scott himself said he's a walk up start. I'll tell you why he is regardless of being out for so long.

Our forward half is a shambles. There's * all defensive pressure there and they're lazy ... they were the reason we lost the game on the weekend and Jones should never have been dropped for bloody Parsons.

We are far too soft as a side and you know that Cockatoo is going to go after opposition bodies and make a contest ... we desperately need that and he tackles with intent and vigour. He's explosive and can kick goals. We don't have a small forward capable of kicking multiple goals.

The quicker he's back in the side the better, fan or not. We lack grunt and hardness, so what will they do? bring that soft sparrow Guthrie back.

Scott himself said he's a walk up start. I'll tell you why he is regardless of being out for so long.

Our forward half is a shambles. There's **** all defensive pressure there and they're lazy ... they were the reason we lost the game on the weekend and Jones should never have been dropped for bloody Parsons.

We are far too soft as a side and you know that Cockatoo is going to go after opposition bodies and make a contest ... we desperately need that and he tackles with intent and vigour. He's explosive and can kick goals. We don't have a small forward capable of kicking multiple goals.

The quicker he's back in the side the better, fan or not. We lack grunt and hardness, so what will they do? bring that soft sparrow Guthrie back.
Nakia, look at the post I quoted from CMIA. Those forward 50 guys were by and large all out and Cockatoo was named on the wing. My view was merely he shouldn’t be getting in over Cunico. Nothing more than that.

Nakia, look at the post I quoted from CMIA. Those forward 50 guys were by and large all out and Cockatoo was named on the wing. My view was merely he shouldn’t be getting in over Cunico. Nothing more than that.
And my post has nothing to do with positioning. You were arguing he isn't a walk up start.

He’s shown glimpses but I’m not convinced yet because the poor bloke just can’t get on the park. I wanna see him play 10-15 games on the trot before I make judgement. Hopefully he can get a decent go after the bye.
Well hopefully because we need him desperately.

and he isn’t so long as he fails to show he can play for a prolonged period injury free.
Any future injury is irrelevant. He's best 22 and a walk up starter when fit.

Any future injury is irrelevant. He's best 22 and a walk up starter when fit.

I'm a fan of Cocky as well, but I would rather we get a few games into him in the VFL first before putting him back in the seniors. How many times in the last 18 months-2 years has he played a full game in the AFL?

We saw against the Eagles earlier in the year what happens when we have limited interchange rotations due to early injuries.

I'm a fan of Cocky as well, but I would rather we get a few games into him in the VFL first before putting him back in the seniors. How many times in the last 18 months-2 years has he played a full game in the AFL?

We saw against the Eagles earlier in the year what happens when we have limited interchange rotations due to early injuries.
More the point, how many consecutive games has he been able to get through without injury.

A friend of mine who was at the game on Sunday said that there was multiple instances where Danger lost his absolute s**t with teammates ala Goddard. One was i believe Menegola and the other was Blicavs who gave it back to him, did anyone else witness this? Could there possibly be something happening behind the scenes that we dont know about that is affecting his performance because he is running at about 50% at the moment and its unlike Danger to be so hostile especially towards teammates.

A friend of mine who was at the game on Sunday said that there was multiple instances where Danger lost his absolute s**t with teammates ala Goddard. One was i believe Menegola and the other was Blicavs who gave it back to him, did anyone else witness this? Could there possibly be something happening behind the scenes that we dont know about that is affecting his performance because he is running at about 50% at the moment and its unlike Danger to be so hostile especially towards teammates.
Can't see it being anything too serious, otherwise the media would have been all over it, given Dangerfield's standing in the game. Just emotions boiling over in the heat of the game

My reckoning is:

OUT: Parsons (omitted), Z. Guthrie (omitted), McCarthy (injured), Henry (rested)

IN: Buzza, Taylor, C. Guthrie, Scooter

Best 22 moving forward looks like this for me:

B: Bews, Blicavs, Kolo
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Tuohy
C: Duncan, Selwood, Scooter
FO: Stanley, Dangerfield, Ablett
HF: Menegola, Hawkins, Parfitt
F: Menzel, Buzza, Cockatoo
INT: Cunico, C. Guthrie, Kelly, Fogarty

Buzza would be replaced by Sav if fit
Fogarty would be replaced by McCarthy but just far too injury prone
Henderson comes back into the side closer to finals and plays back while Taylor takes Buzza's spot and Blicavs provides back up ruck (very little)

Henry is first emergency and Gregson or Narkle second, with Buzza and Murdoch rounding out those close but not in the best side. If Sav gets fit in time, then selection becomes even more complex.

Essentially, Murdoch, Gregson, McCarthy, Z. Guthrie, Parsons, Henry out

Scooter, Menzel, C.Guthrie, Taylor, Cockatoo, Buzza (Henderson in future) in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back