Preview Changes vs Bombers + Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to start a "Changes vs Bye+ Preview" thread?
Officer Good Idea GIF by Wellington Paranormal

I'd rest Dixon for a extra week or two.

Would use it as an excuse to give Dante a game or two.

Dante has the size and the talent to be a legitimate forward target along with helping out in the ruck now and again.

I want to persevere with Sinn but it might be a good idea to give him a couple of weeks in the Magpies get more of the ball get his confidence up.

Burgoyne has possibly done enough to earn another run as sub.

We looked great v Geelong but Sinn might have to be the one to come out and I guess Bonner given he was the sub. Not opposed to giving Dixon a rest and letting Dante have a crack. I’m doubtful of Dixon resting just because there’s a bye anyway, but Charlie would help the Magpies in a big way so that’s another bonus. Other option if Dixon comes out is Lord and he’d be worth pumping games into to restrict any sort of go home factor he might have. We look more dynamic up forward when we don’t have Charlie as a target either way. Narkle has to stay but I’m echoing previous messages when I say it’d be nice to see him closer to the midfield and have Junior come back in as a forward. Chucking Bonner as a sub again is the right think to do I think.

Ideal ins and outs
IN: Rioli, Lord
OUT: Sinn, Bonner, Dixon

Would be disappointed to lose this one given our form and how we dominated our last game against them (albeit keeping them in it with terrible goalkicking), however they definitely appear to be improving and it'll be a tough game. Would be nice to start fast after the break and leave the inevitable streak breaking loss to a future game.

Sinn must be dropped. They got 2 games into him, found out he isn't up to it, now it's time to let him go back to the SANFL and practice the role they think he'll crack the AFL side in, rather than playing him wing in AFL and Half Back in SANFL.

IN: Rioli
OUT: Sinn

SUB: Fantasia

Sinn, Bonner, Jones and Duursma to return to SANFL. Jackson should hopefully also be back in the SANFL side next week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David king says trent McKenzie is our weak line

Which just about makes the case for leaving McKenzie right where he is. Does David also say Tom Jonas should be recalled as Trent't replacement?

As I see it Rioli for Sinn is about the only move but the first bounce is still 9 days away.

I'm sure he has the statistics to back it up.

"When McKenzie's opponent kicks the ball through the two middle goal posts, 100% of the time the oppposition team gets 6 points. Can't get more conclusive than that".

sits back and revels in his own genius

Would be disappointed to lose this one given our form and how we dominated our last game against them (albeit keeping them in it with terrible goalkicking), however they definitely appear to be improving and it'll be a tough game. Would be nice to start fast after the break and leave the inevitable streak breaking loss to a future game.

Sinn must be dropped. They got 2 games into him, found out he isn't up to it, now it's time to let him go back to the SANFL and practice the role they think he'll crack the AFL side in, rather than playing him wing in AFL and Half Back in SANFL.

IN: Rioli
OUT: Sinn

SUB: Fantasia

Sinn, Bonner, Jones and Duursma to return to SANFL. Jackson should hopefully also be back in the SANFL side next week.

On the official injury list Duursma and Jones are both listed as 4 weeks away from resumption. I am done with Orazio Fantasia and I would not even entertain him as a sub at this stage. Let him survive half a dozen SANFL games before considering him. Riley Bonner makes better sense as a sub. Other than those points I agree with Rioli in for Sinn.

I'm sure he has the statistics to back it up.

"When McKenzie's opponent kicks the ball through the two middle goal posts, 100% of the time the oppposition team gets 6 points. Can't get more conclusive than that".

sits back and revels in his own genius

Yeah, that sounds like a classic King comment, taken straight from the Brian Taylor commentary manual. Six points for a goal who would have thought ? :)

He's not wrong though. It's not Aliir, and I guess Bergman was playing the third tall against Geelong, so it's not him. If you had to choose another player in our defence (which is undermanned even by our own admission) who would it be?

It's common knowledge we're a key defender and a reliable ruckman away from a confidently contending team.

I've found David King to be a voice of reason this year with his analysis. He's one of the few posing the question regarding who is actually coaching our side. King and Dermott are the only ones in the Vic media who seem to see through the veil, it's bizarre.

I hope you don’t mind the contribution.. For travelling Power fans, or Melbourne based fans, don’t forget this match is the first round of ‘kids go free’ months for the AFL. The game looks like it’s selling pretty well at this point so no doubt there will be lots of families planning on attending this game. Hopefully this is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back