Prediction Changes vs Dees round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel has been playing on ball a bit while Treloar and Dunkley have been out, which I like but I'd want him down back more to utilise his kicking skills this week. Hunter, Garcia, and him will need to cover the 5th inside mid rotation between them.

Would go with Young to run with Jackson, unless Wood is okay which would allow us to be a bit more dynamic down back.

In: Libba, Young
Out: Dunkley, Roarke

FB: Duryea, Keath, Williams
HB: Dale, Cordy, Daniel
C: Smith, Libba, Hunter
HF: JJ, Naughton, Garcia
FF: JHU, Bruce, Weightman
R: English, Macrae, Bont,
INT: Young, McNeil, Crozier, Richards

Daniel has been playing on ball a bit while Treloar and Dunkley have been out, which I like but I'd want him down back more to utilise his kicking skills this week. Hunter, Garcia, and him will need to cover the 5th inside mid rotation between them.

Would go with Young to run with Jackson, unless Wood is okay which would allow us to be a bit more dynamic down back.

In: Libba, Young
Out: Dunkley, Roarke

FB: Duryea, Keath, Williams
HB: Dale, Cordy, Daniel
C: Smith, Libba, Hunter
HF: JJ, Naughton, Garcia
FF: JHU, Bruce, Weightman
R: English, Macrae, Bont,
INT: Young, McNeil, Crozier, Richards

1626916159080.png

We were down by 27 points at QT and lost by 28. It was the first quarter kicking across goal in the first that absolutely killed us. Macrae from memory didn't kick well in that first.

Melbourne also took a lot of marks inside 50 in comparison.

There gamestyle worked wonderfully against us.
This. It wasn't the switch from outside 50 that killed us it was Daniel and Dale running hard along the boundary inside defensive 50, deciding not to go down the line to a contest and turning over to a Demons player 20m out from goal.

I think if we don’t turn the ball over in the defensive 50 two dozen times in the first quarter, like last time, we win.
I disagree. Yes those poor turnovers helped them get a healthy lead at quarter time, but that also allowed Melbourne to play really defensive for the rest of the game just preserving a 4-5 goal lead. We still played the rest of the game on their terms. The match plays out differently if we don't turn it over early, but I dont think the result changes

Saturday weather forecast

Min 7 Max 13 Shower or two. Becoming windy. Possible rainfall: 2 to 4 mm. Chance of any rain: 70%

Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of showers during the morning, increasing to a medium (60%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then turning northwesterly during the evening.

This will have a huge bearing on who we pick!

Saturday weather forecast

Min 7 Max 13 Shower or two. Becoming windy. Possible rainfall: 2 to 4 mm. Chance of any rain: 70%

Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of showers during the morning, increasing to a medium (60%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then turning northwesterly during the evening.

This will have a huge bearing on who we pick!

Need to be careful not to worry about weather too much because what you try to cater for weather wise sometimes doesn't eventuate.

Go into the game with a plan, intensity and right attitude and weather is no issue.

Naughton isn't really affected by wet weather and Jamarra isn't a lumbering 100kg key forward who can't move. Weather shouldn't really impact our selection.

What's the point of being part of this forum if we can't talk about tactics, gameplan, selection and the myriad of other football subjects that can be influenced by the coach? Beveridge makes adjustments and sometimes doesn't make adjustments, but he not god-like and we can debate what should be done with the team and playing style. Perhaps you might also stop referring to other posters on here as morons.

People should be allowed opinions, and be able to express them - am I stopping them? - but when some of those posts themselves describe the coach and players in terms that are borderline abusive, then yes, I would describe those posts as moronic.

Given the strong likelihood that we meet Melbourne at some point in the finals, possibly very deep, I am curious as to whether both teams lay all their cards on the table this week or whether a bit of cat and mouse transpires.
Bevo can't afford the luxury of leaving cards on the table, only to see us lose narrowly.

Talking about those things is great. Claiming the coach is getting outcoached every time we start losing or we lose a match is getting old as fu**. It’s terribly lazy and by the amount of posters now making ridiculous comments about it, it seems to be getting contagious.
There’s so many things to discuss about our games during and post siren, yet the lazy posters go with the same stupid rhetoric.
Bevo bad man, Bevo doesn’t change game plans, Bevo choose favourites.

As crazy as this may sound, some times our systems break down due to the 18 on the field and nothing the coaches can do corrects it. Pretty crazy huh? Sometimes players have off games as a group. Sometimes it’s minor stuff like a couple of the mids having off days, so the oppo mids get on top in vital areas and it can become a domino effect, putting pressure on our defence to win more 1v1’s than they have previous weeks. Add to that the possibility that our fwd line may be up against a back line containing a couple of the inform defenders in the comp.
Other weeks it could be an off week for the fwds, or defenders. Some times we may be playing after a 6 day break following a covid stay over interstate and the players are struggling between the ears to get up for the weekends game.
Maybe Bevo some weeks struggles with the messaging pre game and the players don’t hit the ground running as they should against the Tigers/Demons of the comp.
Sometimes we have an off game that’s partially due to the outstanding performance of the opposition (Swans game???)

Luckily for us, any combination of these and other things has resulted in only 4 losses this season. Pretty amazing, that in a game where it only takes a small percentage less than what the opposition brings in systems/workrate/output/preparation etc to be on the end of a bad loss, we’re 2nd on the ladder with only 4 losses.

Coaches make mistakes and Bevo’s no different to other coaches in the comp. The facts are that he and every other coach has every one of us in here covered easily in the footballing knowledge department and anything brought up in here during games or post game isn’t news to them.

It’d be great to see some actual match analysis post game instead of the lazy brain dead out coached horse sh*t we hear most weeks. Some posters like Wetdog and a few others are great in the post game threads. It would make for far better reading if we saw more of that kind of stuff.
Spot on. Well said, better than me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus they are some awful changes. I can only assume either Naughton or Schache is playing defense? Something I very much would not like to see.

Jesus they are some awful changes. I can only assume either Naughton or Schache is playing defense? Something I very much would not like to see.
Melbourne dont play very tall up forward so dont see them playing down there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back