Strategy Changes vs Saints the 2nd on Tmac and #churchofNev watch

Remove this Banner Ad

All things being equal, as schmuttt said given our scoring woes once you get past around 90 points it’ll just become a matter of margin really. I’m hoping for much more than that of course.
I hope you try and choke us, I think it would be a better test than trying to outscore us. Certainly improves your odds

It would be nice if people could calm down a little, be civil and take a good 30 seconds of consideration before hitting the "post" button so the rest of us adults can discuss dropping Hogan in relative peace.

Should have been dropped weeks ago. The first 30 odd goals were a blip.

This is big footy take your logic and patience elsewhere

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-26/in-the-mix-round-15
Get them in: Sam Weideman booted seven goals in the VFL in a dominant display against Coburg, while Sam Frost andBilly Stretch were also excellent. Harrison Petty was the carryover emergency for Friday night and will be considered strongly, as will Jeff Garlett and Charlie Spargo.

Under the pump: Tim Smith and Mitch Hannan had little impact against the Power. The Demons may have to make a tough call on Jordan Lewis or Bernie Vince.

Medical room: Tom McDonald (ribs)and Neville Jetta (ankle/head knock)will be monitored cautiously this week.

Verdict: Petty or Frost will most likely come into the team to contend with the Saints' tall forward line, while Stretch's outside speed could be used in the midfield. Weideman may replace Tim Smith after his seven-goal haul for Casey. - Ben Guthrie

Last edited:
Pisses me off that they say Smith and Hannan is under the pump yet they do more than Hogan and Petracca. Hannan has done more than Hogan for 2 weeks in a row.

Don't blame to me. I'm just the messenger.

Pisses me off that they say Smith and Hannan is under the pump yet they do more than Hogan and Petracca. Hannan has done more than Hogan for 2 weeks in a row.

Hannan isn't under the pump, and Hogan isn't under the pump either. Two more goalless weeks, and maybe the alarm bells start ringing. Given he put together the best 11 weeks of form for a Dees forward since Neitz, we can give him for than two weeks to get back on track.

Please tell me how Petracca, who was poor and I would drop, was worse than Smith?

17 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles vs 7 disposals, 1 mark, 6 tackles, 1 goal.

Can someone please explain what they see in Tim Smith? I don't understand it in the slightest. He looks like every other battler we've picked up over the past decade, and the only one with the benefit of playing in a reasonable team. Hughes, Georgiou, Clisby, Magner, Sellar - the list goes on.

In footballing terms, going beyond buzzwords like 'effort and contest', what does he actually bring to the table?

Hannan isn't under the pump, and Hogan isn't under the pump either. Two more goalless weeks, and maybe the alarm bells start ringing. Given he put together the best 11 weeks of form for a Dees forward since Neitz, we can give him for than two weeks to get back on track.

Please tell me how Petracca, who was poor and I would drop, was worse than Smith?

Can someone please explain what they see in Tim Smith? I don't understand it in the slightest. He looks like every other battler we've picked up over the past decade, and the only one with the benefit of playing in a reasonable team. Hughes, Georgiou, Clisby, Magner, Sellar - the list goes on.

In footballing terms, going beyond buzzwords like 'effort and contest', what does he actually bring to the table?
I pick my Smiths like I pick my side in 90s Cartoon Network shows about cat/mice rivalries - T and not J

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean through injury. The rest of the time he was rotated.
I'm not sure what difference it makes.

If you're saying his low TOG was because of mismanaged interchanges, it would hardly be a reflection on his performance.

Going back to his stats, just to be fair, it should also be mentioned that he had six tackles (4th highest), four 1%'s (3rd highest) and zero changers (equaled only by TMac).

Not bad for someone who only spent 57% TOG.

somehow Hogan & Petracca have turned into the whipping boys over the last week.

It is ******* hilarious

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

heyy guyysss sorry to intrude.

I was just wondering if Brayshaw is your primary midfield rotation and is that likely to stay that way for the rest of the season? So no more tagging right? He's such a promising midfielder!

heyy guyysss sorry to intrude.

I was just wondering if Brayshaw is your primary midfield rotation and is that likely to stay that way for the rest of the season? So no more tagging right? He's such a promising midfielder!
yep

I agree with all of this, except I’m wondering why you’d drop Trac instead of Neal-Bullen? If we want to talk about wasted chances in friday’s game, Nib missed a goal in the first quarter that I reckon he would have nailed last year. I’d give him a run at Casey to build his confidence back up, because I don’t see him playing with much at the moment. Great pressure with 9 tackles sure, but only 12 disposals, 2 marks, 0.1. Considering the amount of inside 50’s we had with the ball in his area for large parts of the match, ‘sno good.

Out: T Smith, ANB, J Smith

In: Weideman, Garlett, Frost

Can’t ignore Weid’s game on the week end.

Give Garlett a free hit at St Kilda, because we all know he can win matches for us, he did it in round 2. He’s done his time at Casey now, there’s too much potential upside if he catches fire this season to leave him rotting at Casey. God knows some changes need to be made for the benefit of our forward line mojo.

Frost for J Smith. No awareness from Smith giving away that goal at the end of the first quarter on Friday. In a similar position I’m hoping Frost will be able to just run away. Give him a shot at it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back