Preview Changes vs The Orange - GWS v WB, Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And finished with a total of one kick. Stats aside he just looked lost out there, don’t know how you can argue otherwise.

A small fwd coming on late with fresh legs should be able to have an impact.
Exactly what I thought. I can understand the difficulty coming on as a sub, but Cavarra looked completely lost out there. I'd bring Daniel in for Williams (if he can't play, not sure about the severity of the injury), and West in for Scott or McNeil (I'm not sure why both need to be dropped, while we're winning by 10 goals and are playing another ordinary average side next week I wouldn't be making too many unforced changes). Could even keep Sweet in for one more game, but logically Martin is probably coming back in.

Exactly what I thought. I can understand the difficulty coming on as a sub, but Cavarra looked completely lost out there. I'd bring Daniel in for Williams (if he can't play, not sure about the severity of the injury), and West in for Scott or McNeil (I'm not sure why both need to be dropped, while we're winning by 10 goals and are playing another ordinary average side next week I wouldn't be making too many unforced changes). Could even keep Sweet in for one more game, but logically Martin is probably coming back in.

Can’t keep Sweety in against Mumford I’m afraid.

I know it’s weird to change a winning formula but surely Scott has to come out...

We’re going to need to shut the most punchable face in the AFL down too. Kicked 12 goals in 3 weeks before getting the pepper shaker out with 1.7 this weekend.

I actually think McNeil is starting to impact games a little bit and I quite like what he may be able to bring, still not sure he provides more than West & Cav but anyway.

Williams is a massive loss but we can cover medium defenders at the moment so not the end of the world, hopefully it’s not too long though.

Martin, CD, Vanders in for Sweet, Williams & Scott. Cav to play a full game, give him a few weeks see if he can offer anything to this side.

Not what I want but what I think will happen

Out - Sweet, Williams, Lipinski

In - Martin, Daniel, VDM
You may be right I’m afraid.

I would be ok bringing VDM back as the medical sub - Lipinski is not blistering quick but his skills are unbelievable. Would like to give him some time to establish himself in the 22. He is so close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only Greene we want to see is the orange are green with envy at the way the red white and blue whipped their asses. The headline in the media on Saturday will the 'Scray become Scary good.

Last edited:
It’s a big ask for someone who has been a forward his whole life but I would move Schache to CHB if not in the 1’s then definitely in the 2’s. He has all the tools to be a very good intercept defender.
If Bailey Dale and Liam Jones can do it, then why not Schache.
Reality is unless Bruce stinks it up and JUH is a bust, Schache could kick 5 every week and not get a game.
It’s easier for him to a game over Young and Gardner in the backline than Bruce and Naughton up forward.
Only downside is that we won’t have Schache taking attention away from JUH. But we can always sacrifice Young or Cordy for that role if required.
That's not such a bad idea.
I was thinking of timmy for that role but he looks to solidified the fwd spot.
Schache has a great tank, and a decent mark. Only real knock on him is he isnt hard at it.

It's hard with judging Cordy in the VFL because he's an effort based defender, and not a guy who's going to rack up touches, intercept marks etc.

That being said he looked pretty average in the VFL yesterday. Not that the Suns had much going on inside 50, but he really didn't seem to stand out and made a glaring error on a simple switch kick which did cost a goal. And when Gardner went down, Bev immediately spoke of Young covering him, and Cordy was almost brought up as an afterthought. So it does seem he's not exactly in contention to be brought in any time soon.

The case for Cordy in this game would be his edge/hardness in a spiteful game. He and his knee would obviously be helpful in that regard. But it could be that Bev now rates Young's ability to play to our structure more than he does Cordy, as well as the unavoidable fact that Cordy isn't as tall as he needs to be for the position Bev would have him play. Young hasn't been in drop-worthy form, and I doubt we see Keath-Young-Cordy this season.

Who knows, maybe Bev will rate the hardness factor in this one highly, and he's always up for a surprise. But imo at this stage Cordy would require Young to be dropped in order to make an appearance while Gardner's out. And Young would be very stiff to be dropped.

VDM was literally born to play in these grudge matches. I can see him nailing someone in a savage tackle that kicks off one of the great football melees of all time.

There’s every chance I jump the fence in a moment of temporary insanity and start ripping their jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never quite understood the Hannan signing.

Plenty of time for him to prove me wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Depth in an area we lack depth. To go deep in the year you need a minimum of 34 to choose from across the board

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a big ask for someone who has been a forward his whole life but I would move Schache to CHB if not in the 1’s then definitely in the 2’s. He has all the tools to be a very good intercept defender.
If Bailey Dale and Liam Jones can do it, then why not Schache.
Reality is unless Bruce stinks it up and JUH is a bust, Schache could kick 5 every week and not get a game.
It’s easier for him to a game over Young and Gardner in the backline than Bruce and Naughton up forward.
Only downside is that we won’t have Schache taking attention away from JUH. But we can always sacrifice Young or Cordy for that role if required.
And Darcy Moore!!

You do wonder at Bev’s habit of ghosting players at the selection table

Plays Cordy pretty much every game for a few seasons, then one day he’s gone to the VFL and never mentioned again. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the end of his senior career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back