Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Not gonna judge him off one game but whatever he does, everyone here will say it was 20% better because he has Leg speed.

People here still thought Blease was a good footballer when he was delisted.

Hopefully he gets a month and someone like Stretch is dropped.

Stretch hasn’t even played yet and you want him dropped next week? I swear I’ll defend this kid to the hilt. He stays.

Stretch hasn’t even played yet and you want him dropped next week? I swear I’ll defend this kid to the hilt. He stays.

I don't see it with stretch. Got a bit of the Toumpas about him at senior level

Can't see both him and Spargo in the same team long term and I like Spargo a little more. Has a touch more composure with the ball

Very excited to get a look a Oskar Baker (there isn’t much else to get excited about tonight).

This is a bit glass half full, but I wouldn’t have debuted a kid in this game though.
Everyone has to debut sometime. Weed was debuted against Hawks coming off a ten in a row winning streak or similar

I'm Not gonna judge him off one game but whatever he does, everyone here will say it was 20% better because he has Leg speed.

People here still thought Blease was a good footballer when he was delisted.

Hopefully he gets a month and someone like Stretch is dropped.
You realise you are attempting to start a fight with ‘everyone here’ on the basis of what some people may or may not say in the future?

If argumentative was a champion data category you would be rated elite.

You realise you are attempting to start a fight with ‘everyone here’ on the basis of what some people may or may not say in the future?

If argumentative was a champion data category you would be rated elite.

Not an argument, people overreact to debuts and even more to quick players. Players either get written off or pumped way too much based on their first couple games

Not an argument, people overreact to debuts and even more to quick players. Players either get written off or pumped way too much based on their first couple games
Or even their first couple of years (Gus, Salem)

Can't see both him and Spargo in the same team long term and I like Spargo a little more. Has a touch more composure with the ball
Stretch looks like Toumpas, but he doesn't play like him. He's not the toughest bloke on the field, but he still goes when its his turn and actually stays wide of the contest.

Stretch looks like Toumpas, but he doesn't play like him. He's not the toughest bloke on the field, but he still goes when its his turn and actually stays wide of the contest.
Also stretch's opponent wins a lot of the ball from centre clearances, while he sits back and watches him. He's no good as a winger. While hes a neat enough kick, hes too slow to move it on unless he has an easy option. The only spot I'd have him play is in the fwd half as we could use some of that slower play at times going inside 50 instead of constantly rushing/butchering it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr Whoooo needs a punch in the cake hole.

I’m going old school Aussie slang in honour of the late Robert Hawke

Am I the only one who found him entertaining? I loved how he was so condescending despite, according to the online rumors I have heard, being an absolute nobody

Didn’t he even pretend to be rich at some point?

Am I the only one who found him entertaining? I loved how he was so condescending despite, according to the online rumors I have heard, being an absolute nobody

Didn’t he even pretend to be rich at some point?
I think he was a high member of the MCC or a coterie member he thought

If we get anything out of this season maybe we unearth a talent we wouldn't have otherwise seen with a fully fit list.

I just saw that my post to like ratio has crept >1.....

...So * you Saj. * all of you

Especially * Goodwin and the selection committee

I’m also going to pick a player to hate and set up a fake account to do it like Blitznu does for Spargo

Also, forgot to address the point about Spargo. I fear for him. He has good nous around goal, but no pace. He works hard to get to kicks, but his sticky hands have deserted him. He has good tackle pressure, but struggles to stick them. Lockhart is a lot older than him in fairness, but he's playing that floating small role a lot better than Spargo was at the start of the year. He needs to reinvent himself and become a gun kick and tackler so he can at least play that pressure role at either end..

* me this is a negative thread! The weagles are shitful and I like the ins. Lewis going out is like us gaining an extra man. We are coming good, the bandwagon has had a full service and is purring. Flag tilt is winding up.

Also, forgot to address the point about Spargo. I fear for him. He has good nous around goal, but no pace. He works hard to get to kicks, but his sticky hands have deserted him. He has good tackle pressure, but struggles to stick them. Lockhart is a lot older than him in fairness, but he's playing that floating small role a lot better than Spargo was at the start of the year. He needs to reinvent himself and become a gun kick and tackler so he can at least play that pressure role at either end..

Be interesting who survives when (if) everyone gets back. Hannan is a must, Melk comes back and AVB and ANB are best 22. Lockhart probably infront due to his pressure I suppose.

If we get anything out of this season maybe we unearth a talent we wouldn't have otherwise seen with a fully fit list.
Yep. This is what I reckon. Just pick fit players and see what we have up our sleeve for when (if) we get the more established players back. We have already found that Hore and Lockhart don't look out of place (probably even better than that in the case of Hore.

We as a club are absolutely responsible for the frequency and length of some of these injuries I'm convinced, but with this many of our best 22 out, no one is realistically expecting anything other than a bit of a belting for a few rounds. So we have a free hit

Good luck tonight guys.

Oskar Baker is from our club, there's an incredible amount of excitement up here about his debut due to him (and his dad) being such a popular and well-liked figure.

We actually have a Hall of Fame dinner on tonight, they'll have to put the Dees game on the big screen as otherwise everyone's going to be standing at the bar.

Do it for Bakes!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back