Channel 7: Why didn't it tread water and hang around for the team song?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was in sydney for the game today, so I don't know if it was any different for melbourne viewers, although I can't imagine it would have been, but I was pretty disappointed that channel 7 didn't tread water and hang around for the team song.

I had my one year old daughter in my arms at the time, and the players were al in arms ready to go. I said to her "let's get ready to sing a song, sophie", but no dice.

pretty disappointing... :(

Re: team song missing??

Yup, was super soft effort seeing as they regularly go overtime for live shows like Dancing with the Stars but couldn't wait 20 seconds for Croad to get to the rooms.

Was a poor effort by Channel 7. For Victorian viewers though, they did show the full song in the sport section of 7 news, not sure about other states

At least they did that, but we put on the ABC radio - they went late with interviews, callers, etc. Piss weak effort by 7, but what more would you expect.

Fans fume as Seven cuts song
Article from: Sunday Herald
Sue Hewitt
September 28, 2008 12:00am
HAWKS fans were furious after being robbed of seeing their team sing their club song by a time-strapped Channel 7 last night.

The station aired footage of the Hawks in the club rooms and viewers waited for them to burst into song.

But as the players were about to sing at 6pm the network switched to the newsroom.

A few minutes later the station returned to the rooms, but the song was over.

The station finally aired footage of the players singing just before 6.30pm. The station told viewers who complained it had run out of time and had to cut to the news.

"They told me the song was played later . . . but it spoiled a glorious moment for me," one fan, who asked not to be named, said.

A Channel 7 spokeswoman said the network had an "obligation to go to the news at 6pm".

They have an obligation to telecast the full footy season live also - just prefer ch.7 & ch.10 stayed out of the bidding of these events in the future if it's going to be a half arsed coverage. Much prefer to part with some hard earned for foxtel who can then broadcast on a dedicated sports channel.

It was like the Ch.7 commentary team couldn't get excited yesterday as it seemed they'd all done there doh on the cats - wats NTTAWWTy midget man (is he a man?) bruce doing calling footy anyway (i know just having a perve the dirty horses hoof)

One of the most awesome moments of my life last night, near the front at Federation Square singing the song with boys.

reminds me of a few years ago when gooch was on strike on 299 and the tv coverage in england cut to a race! when they went back to the cricket coverage he had scored his 300th run several minutes ago.

lame priorities and no sense of occasion... :thumbsdown:

Disgraceful! The National Anthem being cut is absolutely disrespectful!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also thinking that. I liked it :)

Dude your signature?

Maybe, "2008 is our's"..............or is it "2008 is ours"? One of those 2 is correct anyway.

But back on topic......anyone know where we can find footage of the boys singing the song after the game yesterday? Just watched the whole replay on FS1 and loved every second of it......but no song - again!

Did we actually get any coverage of the song at all here in QLD?

Dude your signature?

Maybe, "2008 is our's"..............or is it "2008 is ours"? One of those 2 is correct anyway.

But back on topic......anyone know where we can find footage of the boys singing the song after the game yesterday? Just watched the whole replay on FS1 and loved every second of it......but no song - again!

Did we actually get any coverage of the song at all here in QLD?

2008 is ours

That's ok, happy to help. ;)

Don't get me started about Channel 7 .... :mad:

They've still got a long way to go to beat the ABC cutting off Greg Chappell's century in his debut test against the Poms in Perth. That remains the all-time sports programming clanger in Australian TV history.

Not cool by 7. If I was in you guys' shoes I'd be steamed as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back