Charlie Cameron on Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

drazah

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

How many weeks? Likely Intentional, High contact, Medium impact, similar to the Lewis on Cripps hit. Not sure what the medical team will say, but Houston was down for a while.

Does Cameron have a bad record? I don't think he does, should be 3 down to 2.

Two more angles. Clearly elbow to the jaw in the second angle.

How many weeks? Likely Intentional, High contact, Medium impact, similar to the Lewis on Cripps hit. Not sure what the medical team will say, but Houston was down for a while.

Won't be intentional, happened in play.

It'll be careless, high, medium (or low). 2 down to 1 (or a fine down to a smaller fine).

Since you're either blind or unfamiliar with anatomical terms, here's some help:

View attachment 355458
Watch the video. Houston's head is already going back and Cameron's elbow stops at the exact frame you've chose to highlight (but you knew that already, I assume). His elbow doesn't make enough contact to be called a hit.

Cameron will get a game off, but for the shoulder, not the elbow.

1 week. Like the Sloane incident last year- it must be punished otherwise you will see players "accidentally" making hits to the head. Not saying Cameron was deliberate, but he clearly made contact to the head with his elbow. I don't think it was intentional and impact was small/medium. How the points work out will be interesting, but I do believe Cameron should miss a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These incidents are not deemed intentional. Go back through some past decisions and this will pretty much almost certainly be marked careless. Intentional is generally reserved for punches and what not.

Medium impact yes, high contact yes.

2 down to 1.

To an extent the suspension or not is irrelevant what's more appalling is this happened and no FAD there's no other words for it but incompetence

You expect that in div 3 c grade not to get picked up not in the AFL

These incidents are not deemed intentional. Go back through some past decisions and this will pretty much almost certainly be marked careless. Intentional is generally reserved for punches and what not.

Medium impact yes, high contact yes.

2 down to 1.

Agreed. Why is it medium though? Played out the game.

Agreed. Why is it medium though? Played out the game.

Depends on the medical record, but yes I agree there'd be a reasonable argument from Adelaide for low impact.

Although the fact he was running may make it medium? I'm not sure obviously but that's my guess towards the interpretation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back