MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron makes contact with umpire while celebrating a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

In a thread of trolls, pisstakes & awful ideas - yours takes the cake.

Geelong would sue the AFL would they šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Not sure how itā€™s any more ludicrous than OPā€™s take. Besides we are an AFL and AFL media backed team, who the MRO make decisions to support. Basically, that was a collision of teammates yesterday.

Ok so we know it is now fine to run into an umpire at top speed while the ball isn't in play so long as you are not looking where you are going. And it is also fine to then start touching him all over the place so long as you have careered into him at top speed first.

Interesting.

Ok so we know it is now fine to run into an umpire at top speed while the ball isn't in play so long as you are not looking where you are going. And it is also fine to then start touching him all over the place so long as you have careered into him at top speed first.

Interesting.
As long as they are teammates which you have already established with your years of high level sleuthing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Interesting.
You are seriously obsessed with geelong to absurd levels. You do get laughed at a lot and made fun of in the process which is amusing to read. Carry on!

Doesn't deserve a suspension - but the AFL has always fined a player for making contact with an umpire, even if accidentally.

In fact, I still recall Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide once got suspended for making umpire contact after he was pushed into the path of the umpire.

Countless others have been fined, including this season.

So how does this not get a fine?

You are seriously obsessed with geelong to absurd levels. You do get laughed at a lot and made fun of in the process which is amusing to read. Carry on!

Lol I only have to make one post questioning the slightest thing about that vile club and 100 triggered Geelong posters react as if I just cancelled their Christmas. It is pretty amusing. :)

Lol I only have to make one post questioning the slightest thing about that vile club and 100 triggered Geelong posters react as if I just cancelled their Christmas. It is pretty amusing. :)
if only that was true! You have easily made 100ā€™s if not 1000ā€™s of Geelong posts

Doesn't deserve a suspension - but the AFL has always fined a player for making contact with an umpire, even if accidentally.

In fact, I still recall Matt Thomas from Port Adelaide once got suspended for making umpire contact after he was pushed into the path of the umpire.

Countless others have been fined, including this season.

So how does this not get a fine?

1. That is a terrible, terrible decision to fine a guy for that. And continuing to make awful decisions because that's the way it has always been is just stupid. The AFL should be applauded for fixing a stupid thing not criticized because they didn't continue doing something stupid.

2. Fining Cameron after the obvious care he showed the umpire after the collision would've been a terrible look. There will be inadvertent contact between umpires and players and that is precisely the response the AFL would want to encourage. Maybe seeing a gun if the competition treating an umpire with care and humanity might improve the attitudes at the local level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. That is a terrible, terrible decision to fine a guy for that. And continuing to make awful decisions because that's the way it has always been is just stupid. The AFL should be applauded for fixing a stupid thing not criticized because they didn't continue doing something stupid.

2. Fining Cameron after the obvious care he showed the umpire after the collision would've been a terrible look. There will be inadvertent contact between umpires and players and that is precisely the response the AFL would want to encourage. Maybe seeing a gun if the competition treating an umpire with care and humanity might improve the attitudes at the local level.
1 - he wasn't just fined, he was suspended for a week - Thomas gets week, fine for umpire contact

I agree that they should be applauded for fixing the stupidity (not that it should EVER have got to that point)

2 - Plenty of players have made accidental contact and been fined. Yes, Cameron showed care, but most of the other umpire contacts that get fined are so minor that no "care" is required to be shown.

I completely disagree that accidental umpire contact should be a fine - but it has been treated that way by the tribunal consistently until now. Yes, it's common sense, but that has not applied at all until now. That's where my frustration comes from.

Now - just to put some icing on the cake - take a look at this - just two weeks ago. Connor Rozee gets a fine for umpire contact.

Adelaide's Ben Keays copped a $2500 fine, down to $1500 with an early plea, for making careless contact with an umpire. Keays pushed Port's Connor Rozee into an umpire during the fourth quarter of the Showdown.

Rozee also was fined $2500, down to $1500 with an early plea, for the same charge.

LOL one post?? You canā€™t stop going on everyday about geelong. Itā€™s not a healthy look.

Our fourth flag must have really gotten under your skin

1 - he wasn't just fined, he was suspended for a week - Thomas gets week, fine for umpire contact

I agree that they should be applauded for fixing the stupidity (not that it should EVER have got to that point)

2 - Plenty of players have made accidental contact and been fined. Yes, Cameron showed care, but most of the other umpire contacts that get fined are so minor that no "care" is required to be shown.

I completely disagree that accidental umpire contact should be a fine - but it has been treated that way by the tribunal consistently until now. Yes, it's common sense, but that has not applied at all until now. That's where my frustration comes from.

Now - just to put some icing on the cake - take a look at this - just two weeks ago. Connor Rozee gets a fine for umpire contact.

Have you got vision?

Because fining a guy for being pushed into an umpire when you've fined the other guy for doing the pushing is monumentally stupid. Did he get pushed into him then shove the umpire away or something?

Haha let's all take a moment to appreciate that Jeremy Cameron didn't punch the living daylights out of the umpire after flattening him at top speed. Well done Jeremy. :)

Have you got vision?

Because fining a guy for being pushed into an umpire when you've fined the other guy for doing the pushing is monumentally stupid. Did he get pushed into him then shove the umpire away or something?
Unfortunately not - but I don't see it as any more monumentally stupid than suspending a bloke for being held in the path of an umpire. As I said, Common sense is not so common until it's certain players or certain clubs.

In any case - the category is "careless contact with an umpire" - which the Cameron one fits into. Somehow the AFL has decided to let it go though..

Seriously? What a flog comment.

Cameron careered into the umpire due to his carelessness in not watching where he was running. Others get fined or suspended for minor umpire contact, so I see no reason why Cameron should escape sanction merely because he gave the appearance of caring for the umpire after the collision, as you have suggested should be the case.

Meh we have 4 of late, we arenā€™t exactly starved of success. I doubt we win it this year so you can settle your nerves a little there champ.

Lol 16 years ago is "of late" is it? So in 1996 Richmond had won a flag of late.

mmm-i-dont-know-about-this-one-jessica-alba.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back