Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really rapt in the way it turned out. Full marks to Chris Davies and our negotiating team.

We have secured Dixon and Toumpas, kept our 2016 first round pick and as I read it we still have pick 32 and 49 in this year's draft. Impressive highlights and Dixon certainly looks more than a mark and kick player and has mobility for a big man, he is almost Nic Natainui like. The only reservation I have is Dixon's fitness but hopefully Darren Burgess will fix that.

Hopefully we are not finished yet and can secure a deal for another top line player.

if we come where we did this year again next year, then Dixon becomes equivalent of pick 6

i think GCS did the better of that one on paper, but still glad its over.

(if we win the flag next year, then dixon become equivalent of pick 8)

personally i would ahve preferred if we stuck it out for pick 43 from them. Hopefully moore or young is involved in improving pick 49, or giving us another pick between 32 and 49

Overall between the two trades, we did brilliantly on toumpas, and slightly overpaid for Dixon. so evened itself out. My biggest concern isnt what we paid here, its both our traded players ability to stay on the park.

If burgo gets them right...them we might just finally hae the right mix

No we didn't pay overs.

After pick 30 it Is 100% raffle ticket time

Sensational news re Charlie, if he stays fit he could be the icing on the cake for a real tilt at another premiership. :)

Re the fit bit ( and no doubt this will cop some flack :rolleyes: ), I just had a look at his highlights video the club sent us, and I'm a little concerned re how he landed with a stiff trailing leg after a he took a couple of those marks on the lead, that is definitely not good for the ankles, or the knees!

Because?

Don't fear not being early in the draft. Hawthorn have done ok without early picks in recent years.

Well talented youth still remains an integral ingredient when you have yet to win premierships. Also I subscribe to trading out a quality player at his peak to lure the early draft pick (especially if we do win the 2016 flag) and I subscribe to trading an early pick to lure a quality player that's just about to hit their peak. So I feel that we need to retain a 1st round pick next year but use one to top us up still. I appreciate the Hawthorn model but no model is ever exactly identical.

Anyway, just a viewpoint. We're still celebrating our new players.

If Charlie plays only 17 games next year and can average 3 to 4 goals a game it will be a great pick up. Play 4 out of the first 6 games by end of April, 4 of the next 8 - its winter and he's from Cairns so wont like the cold, 6 of the last 8 inc at least 3 games in August and 3 finals will do me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new forward in the neighbourhood
Takes big grabs and he's rather good
He's just there to make a good pair with Neade
Now he's playing for PAFC
Charles in charge of our games and our fights
Charles in charge on game day and game night
And I see I want
I want Charles in charge of me

Just not sure why we couldn't achieve this deal without involving Richmond... Apart from the other future 2nd rounder, couldn't we have done the rest and wound up with 19 as well as Dixon??
Don't think so. Richmond provided 2 second rounders to the equation, we would only have had that currency by giving them 32, a 2016 third round pick, possibly a 2016 fourth also and by not getting 49 from them. This would have meant we would have entered the draft at 86.

We've just traded in a prime, talented, 200cm, 105kg KPF beast. Think about that for a moment.
Not often players like him fall in our lap. Lets hope he can stay fit, havent been this excited since Wazza kicked eight against Carlton. Now we have a big gorilla forward, lets Port Adelaide him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back