Chris Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

itsintheblood said:
Tony Lockett???????

That's right. I remember now. You rejected lockett because you wanted to keep richardson. A great decision.

i hardly think thats "recent"

comlpetely different personell, from the coach right through to the president.

Tigerland said:
Didn't see it but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That Sheehan is a real knob. No wonder Eddie laughed at him.

1. Richmond can't afford Judd.
2. Tarrant isn't worth it.
3. West Coast want to keep Judd and by all reports he wants to stay.
4. Picks 1 and 4 are exactly what Richmond need - cheap young talent.
5. You're a moron Sheehan with zero credibility.

Another point is that priority picks can not be traded so pick 1 is ours no matter what.

Regardless, Tarant is not what we need, we are rebuilding, it's time to bring in kids, we should only be signing people from other clubs if they are still quite young and available in the PSD. He would be a good player, but not worth what we would have to give up.

you richmond supporters really are quite fickle, more so than i thought. you really are trying to kid yourselves by saying u dont want tarrant?

how can a team who just finished last, say they wouldnt want ONE OF the stars of the league?

the fact remains if tarrant truly becomes available, the race would be on to get him, and i bet my life on it richmond would be in that race, and i bet my life that we'll be getting tiger heads singing praises for almighty wallace for making such a signing.

is it really that hard to say something realistic, like "he's a great player, id love to have him, but i dont see it happening" or something along those lines?

NaDeR said:
you richmond supporters really are quite fickle, more so than i thought. you really are trying to kid yourselves by saying u dont want tarrant?

how can a team who just finished last, say they wouldnt want ONE OF the stars of the league?

the fact remains if tarrant truly becomes available, the race would be on to get him, and i bet my life on it richmond would be in that race, and i bet my life that we'll be getting tiger heads singing praises for almighty wallace for making such a signing.

is it really that hard to say something realistic, like "he's a great player, id love to have him, but i dont see it happening" or something along those lines?

Read my post. Would be a very good player to get, but not worth what we would have to give up to get him, which would involve draft picks. Yes, if he was out of contract I'm sure we'd be all over him, but not right now.

NaDeR said:

I think NaDeR, people are saying that they would love to have him playing for the club but would not be prepared to lose what we would need to give up for him. Its because his is a star that the projected trade we would need to make would make it not worth it.

must i go through the whole thread and point out every example in which tarrant isnt being given the credit he deserves?

sante2003 said:
yeh go get everyone from the draft no more recylced players except for maybe Mark McGough?

McGOUGH. Just what we need SLOW with the Kicking skills of Duncan Kellaway.

No thanks. We need pace and skill.

NaDeR said:
must i go through the whole thread and point out every example in which tarrant isnt being given the credit he deserves?

Consider this for an analogy, NaDeR ... Richo or Crawf are up for grabs.

Both, I'm sure you'd agree, would look quite respectable in a Magpie guernsey for season 2005. However, neither are probably worth what you have to coughup for them.

I think that's what everyone's getting at with Taz.

Besides, if I saw that Tarrant was on the open market, I might just make the natural assumption that Micky, Balmey and Ed have given up trying to get him into the right headspace to play AFL football. After all, it's not beyond the realms of probabilty that he goes walkies again,is it ...

GhostofJimJess said:
Consider this for an analogy, NaDeR ... Richo or Crawf are up for grabs.

Both, I'm sure you'd agree, would look quite respectable in a Magpie guernsey for season 2005. However, neither are probably worth what you have to coughup for them.

I think that's what everyone's getting at with Taz.

Besides, if I saw that Tarrant was on the open market, I might just make the natural assumption that Micky, Balmey and Ed have given up trying to get him into the right headspace to play AFL football. After all, it's not beyond the realms of probabilty that he goes walkies again,is it ...

What like he does in finals

gustiger12 said:
What like he does in finals

finals?

stepping out into unexplored terrain there dont u think.

at least he's had the pleasure of playing finals ;) and most likely will before he ends his career at collingwood

NaDeR said:
finals?

stepping out into unexplored terrain there dont u think.

at least he's had the pleasure of playing finals ;) and most likely will before he ends his career at collingwood

The pleasure????

You call losing two Grand Finals to Brisbane a pleasure???? :confused:

At least he won't be in the running to have that same pleasure this year! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain_Brown_7 said:
The pleasure????

You call losing two Grand Finals to Brisbane a pleasure???? :confused:

At least he won't be in the running to have that same pleasure this year!

theres that richmond loser mentality again. i guess you'd rather not make the finals at all, then make it through to the grand final and lose.

well if thats the case keep at it, you're guaranteed to never be disapointed ;) even if it does involve never watching your team play a finals match again.

what was that stat again? oh thats right... richmond being one of only 2 victorian teams to not make a grand final in the last 12 years..

but i guess that doesnt bother you, seeing as though you didnt lose any in that period :D

NaDeR said:
Can we hold you to that?
Jumping in front of a train would be quick. I'm sure someone here could muster up a gun or a rope if you'd prefer to go that way.

Fishfinger said:
Can we hold you to that?
Jumping in front of a train would be quick. I'm sure someone here could muster up a gun or a rope if you'd prefer to go that way.

if it was announced today that chris tarrant is up for trade, do you think richmond would not make an offer?

NaDeR said:
if it was announced today that chris tarrant is up for trade, do you think richmond would not make an offer?

You can bet my dear Nader that Miller will again leave no stone unturned this draft season.If Tarrant is indeed"on the market" then we are a good shot to obtain his services.I doubt very much that he is "on the market",as we've heard this same crappy rumour ,about this time each year, for the last 3 seasons.

NaDeR said:
I dare say they would. Wouldn't bet my life on it though.

Would you prefer sleeping pills? Just on the off chance Richmond show no interest. C'mon, a bet's a bet. :)

NaDeR said:

Pettifer and a second round draft choice.

cant say fairer then that.

mellowyellow said:
Pettifer and a second round draft choice.

cant say fairer then that.

then in that case he won't be going nowhere :)

like i said, we dont NEED to trade him, hell we dont even want to trade him. he's a star. He's staying right where he is unless we get an overwhelming offer.

NaDeR said:
theres that richmond loser mentality again. i guess you'd rather not make the finals at all, then make it through to the grand final and lose.

Loser mentality?? Who gained more out of this season, Richmond or Collingwood????

What you need to finally realise is Brisbane have been unbeatable for 4 years. Brisbane aside, the Wooden Spooners have been the only other winners since 2000.

We have seen players like Wells, Goddard, Ball, Judd, . . . shall i go on! My point here is, i'd rather finish last than lose a Grand Final if it means i will see a "Judd" playing for my club the following season.

NaDeR said:
well if thats the case keep at it, you're guaranteed to never be disapointed ;) even if it does involve never watching your team play a finals match again.

I have seen my team play finals. Might not be a lot, but it has been witnessed. Most recent finals appearance was against the wrath of the Lions in 2001. Simply outclassed by a premium opposition.

NaDeR said:
what was that stat again? oh thats right... richmond being one of only 2 victorian teams to not make a grand final in the last 12 years..

And rightly so, we haven't deserved it. We have been a very mediocre team for the past 20 years. But that is what makes this club so strong and proud. We have been starved of success for such a long period of time, yet we still have 28,000 members. Could you imagine how big our army will become with some success?? I'd love to see how many Collingwood people would 'stick fat' if you's were to have such a dismal period.

The Tigers are back on the rise, and one day, the football world will finally start to admire the Yellow and Black. . . .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back