Chrome browser on mobile phones - freezing issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Bf has been awful on my Android phone the last few days, scroll freezing, pages half loading, generally unresponsive, assume it's related to the advertising? Other websites fine.

==========
This seems to have been fixed. Please let us know if there are further issues. - Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
Bf has been awful on my Android phone the last few days, scroll freezing, pages half loading, generally unresponsive, assume it's related to the advertising? Other websites fine.
To get more info for work on this, which browser? Which phone model? Have you tried other browsers on your phone?

To get more info for work on this, which browser? Which phone model? Have you tried other browsers on your phone?

chrome, htc u11, just installed firefox, had a quick look at bf, it doesnt appear to have the same issues as im having with chrome, scrolling ok, switch between forums ok

chrome, htc u11, just installed firefox, had a quick look at bf, it doesnt appear to have the same issues as im having with chrome, scrolling ok, switch between forums ok
Yeah Chrome has been the bane of our existence for a while now. Is yours up to date?

Yeah Chrome has been the bane of our existence for a while now. Is yours up to date?

got it set for auto update.

looking at it again it might be that kayo ad as mentioned above that wraps around, but didnt cause the same freezing issue in firefox but I only tried it the once.

got it set for auto update.

looking at it again it might be that kayo ad as mentioned above that wraps around, but didnt cause the same freezing issue in firefox but I only tried it the once.
Yes there is a particular ad delivery product that slots in around the content. At some point in some combination of Chrome and Android phones it is reported as freezing.

We just have to eliminate variables until we find the specific issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's running 76.0.3809.132
It seems like the latest version is 77.0.3865.73

If you could update to the latest and restart your phone and that works, then we have our culprit. If not we continue to investigate.

I don't know how to update Chrome on my mobile phone. It thinks it's up to date.
Apparently some versions of Android are customised by the manufacturer but this should work:

Apparently some versions of Android are customised by the manufacturer but this should work:

This is what I did.

It didn't list chrome as an update required. Maybe it hasn't filtered through yet.

Screenshot_2019-09-20-09-26-54-343.jpeg i managed to take a screenshot of the absolute state of the forum off my tablet in between the 45 seconds freezes, I hope this helps identify the issue 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Psssss, Chief... I think it's the massive gambling banner ad...Chrome was working perfectly fine for BF on my tablet until this ad popped up yesterday morning

View attachment 749160i managed to take a screenshot of the absolute state of the forum off my tablet in between the 45 seconds freezes, I hope this helps identify the issue 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Psssss, Chief... I think it's the massive gambling banner ad...Chrome was working perfectly fine for BF on my tablet until this ad popped up yesterday morning
Yes we have found the issue.

How is it doing now?

No wrap around but today the time lag came back.

I can open the notification panel but can't click any link until it's counted to fifteen or twenty then it works.

It happened trying to click into this thread and threw times earlier today.
OK we will keep working on it.

We just cannot recreate the issue here.

Could you try killing your browser cache?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back