Retired 45. Cillian McDaid - Officially Retires as at 15th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Still nothing official.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/a3e8e345ef7d98461ea6a19ad2cb6c03

CARLTON looks set to win the race to sign highly rated Irish youngster Cillian McDaid.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the Blues will secure the 20-year-old, who plays Gaelic football for Galway in his native Ireland, on a two-year international rookie deal.

One of Gaelic football’s most promising young talents, McDaid was flown to Melbourne for the draft combine and impressed recruiters with his balance and skills on either side of the body.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

latest

McDAID!

Great pick up! Kid had at least 3-4 clubs interested in his signature for good reason. I predict he will make an impact at vfl level next year easy.

Any ideas as to what position he could play? Height, weight and attributes?
He'd be about 184 185 cms, unsure on weight but physically ready to go in terms of strength.

Position wise, attacking defender is right there in the article you quoted, and given he's not made much in the way of senior appearances for Galway, it's not clear on his attributes from his Hurling or GAA play.

EDIT: Ferris has the height with The Age quote.

I’m glad our indifferent treatment of Zac Tuohy hasn’t impacted our ability to attract/sign young Irish talent.
huh ?
I suspect the young guy even asked Zac for his opinion and he would have highly recommended us.
We treated Setanta, Zac and Ciaran's wonderfully up to this point so probably have the best reputation of any club for a young Irishman to goto and work his way into learning our game and become elite at it too.

Has any other club had so many Irish guys make a professional career of this game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back